The Rumour Thread

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/25/designers-notes-how-points-changes-make-the-new-edition-more-balanced-than-ever/

New FAQs

Alongside the new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, we will update all of our existing Designer’s Commentaries and Errata. We’ll cover all the burning questions you might have about how your faction works with the new edition, and we’ll let you know if previous Designer’s Commentaries and Errata still apply. 

For example, there will be an Errata for each battletome to ensure your Unique Wizards can still be given spells from the relevant spell lores. These will all be published right here on Warhammer Community, within days of the launch of the Dominion boxed set on the 3rd of July.

And

Make sure that you pick up the new Dominion boxed set and join us on the 3rd of July when we’ll be hosting a dazzling celebration for the launch of the new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

Edited by zamerion
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Feii said:

source? I just don;t see why would they be releasing grimaldus atm space marines have had their releases  and other rumour engines point towards eldar/GSC/Orks/TSons

I have a personal source that I trust, but chapter Valrak, well-known 40k youtuber, also spoke about this not long ago. And a reliable French YouTuber. So I can safely say that Black Templars will be arriving later this year (think autumn). And from what I've been told, it will be glorious for them.

Another example : recent rumor engine skeleton ? Grimaldus's retinue too.

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Dost thou seek to tempt me? 

Something tells me that you will be happy in a few months ;) 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I have a personal source that I trust, but chapter Valrak, well-known 40k youtuber, also spoke about this not long ago. And a reliable French YouTuber. So I can safely say that Black Templars will be arriving later this year (think autumn). And from what I've been told, it will be glorious for them.

Time to get that source of yours to tell you all about Kruleboyz!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Draznak said:

a personal question of mine but do you know/jave any information if the GK box is only a new Crowe and nothing else for the GK side? 

8 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Kruleboyz are last week's news we need more Duardin info!

Soups, new models, will we get a return of other ancestor gods, will we get chorfs, will they be in S2D or standalone? 

Also and most importantly can Magmadroths ride in KO ships!?!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Also and most importantly can Magmadroths ride in KO ships!?!

They can, but have to be confined to their cat carriers and kept in the hold during the flight.

But seriously, other dwarves getting (or being able to get) the "MARINE" keyword would be brilliant.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Enjoying a lovely pint of pilsner urquell reading this, thanks for making my night mate. ❤️

May your crusades be eternal! 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Unfortunately I do not currently have any information on AoS (I would like to be Whitefang instead of Whitefang :P). I learned of the Krulboyz's existence last year but no more info since then.

21 minutes ago, Feii said:

a personal question of mine but do you know/jave any information if the GK box is only a new Crowe and nothing else for the GK side? 

That's it. Only Crowe and no new others models. 

4 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

May your crusades be eternal! 

Maybe I will resume my crusade after 16 years of hiatus (if I like new minis). So you won't be the only one to enjoy a good beer for the occasion ;). I would like to do the same for AoS... (I have the curse of not knowing which army I want to make :$)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zamerion said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/25/designers-notes-how-points-changes-make-the-new-edition-more-balanced-than-ever/

And

Make sure that you pick up the new Dominion boxed set and join us on the 3rd of July when we’ll be hosting a dazzling celebration for the launch of the new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

This has to be the Livestream!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This has to be the Livestream!!

Sorry for double post! But this is what to expect:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/25/the-warhammer-40000-launch-party-preview/

definitely watch the last video with the sister, since this is what I believe we will get as a teaser for other factions

Edited by Deakz28

Just to set expectations, the 40k launch stream announced the first two codexes and their launch months (October). They also showed off a new marine tank and the monolith. Finally they did a little teaser video which included models which still aren't out yet. 

I would expect something very similar for AoS. Don't expect to see full ranges yet. 

8 minutes ago, Bayul said:

New Broken Realms short story about Gordrakk:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/25/broken-realms-fiction-brutal/

Why are orruks so well-spoken in Age of Sigmar? This sounds like a dialogue from Downton Abbey compared to 40K orks. 

Who knows, maybe the english classes are much more affordable, then those of the 41th millennium 

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

To me this definitely suggests we'll see a Grombrindal centrepiece but not Grungni - no complaints here, minus the whole souping thing.

Studio lore takes precedent over Black Library. Odds are they simply didn't know/didn't care about the existing fluff surrounding Gazul and chose to ignore it. 

The point is that this wd story is from Guymer iirc so it's a black library author not a battletome or aos rulebook.

Technically core books takes precedence over BL if the former contradicts the latter,this case don't contradicts "theoretically" because Grungni could have saved those souls "after" Gazul got killed as he died during the age of Myth probably,while we don't know when grungni saved those underworlds.

Also Gw always had a "everything is canon approach" justifying the differences with various sources/legends.

Still Gazul surely is canon to aos,as even the battletomes implied that other than Grungni and Grimnir there were other ancestor gods.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

14 minutes ago, Bayul said:

New Broken Realms short story about Gordrakk:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/25/broken-realms-fiction-brutal/

Why are orruks so well-spoken in Age of Sigmar? This sounds like a dialogue from Downton Abbey compared to 40K orks. 

It's from their POV, so they can probably understand one another better than non-Greenskins, albeit still with the cockney accent.

19 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Just to set expectations

The Stormcast codex points shown in the how to play videos said Updated July, all other tomes were released the same month as the updated month, so right now there is no reason to believe that tome wont be released in July. GW obviously knew that would be shown.

• Like 1

So what type of announcements are we to expect with this launch celebration?

I feel I watched the 40k reveal and it was mostly more Necrons and Space Marines. But did they reveal the whole rest of those two lines? I also vaguely remember some army books being shown although I assume those were for Space Marines and Necrons...?

Is it safe to assume we will see the rest of the SCE Kruelboyz/Warclans reveals?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1