The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Still-young said:

10am, but if you’re in the States I don’t know which of the American time zones they use as that 10am. 

Oh, is it 10am now? Apologies, been a while since I participated in the Great Preorder Race(tm). ;)

At least the one-per customer will hopefully deter as many scalpers, so GW at least seem consciously aware it's at risk of selling out.

Way I'm looking at it is... I'd like one, but it's not a limited edition product, so I'll be able to get one eventually and I've enough of a backlog to paint through that it improves my skills so there's less chance of me messing up the Cursed City models.

• Like 5

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

At least the one-per customer will hopefully deter as many scalpers, so GW at least seem consciously aware it's at risk of selling out.

Way I'm looking at it is... I'd like one, but it's not a limited edition product, so I'll be able to get one eventually and I've enough of a backlog to paint through that it improves my skills so there's less chance of me messing up the Cursed City models.

But I want it now! ;)

Anyway, thanks for the advice everyone. I'll see if I can snag a copy on Saturday, but if I can't I know it's not the end of the world. The way I look at it, if I manage to preorder from GW directly, I'll get my copy early, and if not I'll take the 10% third party discount.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Aye I think I'm going to have to hold off on it now too. As long as its not a limited run box, I'd be happy to wait a little longer until the full army is out and just splurge out then. 

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad

Still have a decent amount left to finish in my backlog, so probably will be waiting to buy later in the year. Looks pretty good though, nicer mix of miniatures than Blackstone fortress. Price is a little more than what I was hoping for, but not much I can do about that!

Yeah I think I'm going to wait too. Really love this set but it'd just be another huge project I don't have time for right now! Does seem like it should stick around for a while, though I'm a bit worried about the expansions considering how fast those came and went with BSF - I don't want to feel like I have to snap those up or miss out forever... 

Price-wise I've pretty much been predicting £120 from the start. It seems more than fair to me, and I'm glad GW stuck to that rather than massively jumping up in price like they have with a few other boxed games recently. For the amount you get in the box it's good value IMO. Cheaper than a unit of Lumineth Bladelords at least!

The books alone,  even if we say they're £10 each - so 3 of those means we're clocking in £90 for the 50 models inside Cursed City without including the game pieces - or just shy of £1.80 a model, and considering we know GW would be more than happy to sell the twelve character models alone for £20 a piece, I'd say that's a bargain.

The £120/£125 price, imo, is definitely worth it with Cursed City like it was with Indomitus.

Alchemist Workshop seemed to confirm we're looking at 30 initially to independent retailers, so it might sell out on pre-order quickly if anyone wants it immediately.

The box is an easy pass for me.

The only time I'd play it is when at the wargame club and if I'm there then I'd rather be playing a full blown wargame.

Which means it's down to the miniatures and...I don't want most of them. I'll pick up some proper fancy Vampires once the Gravelords are available.

Objective marker or some other kind of mission-relevant critter seems likely based on the cards.

Probably some sort of  little dark magic entity or one of the necromancer's cobbled-together creations. With the big head, lantern jaw and pot belly, he has sort of a Mike Mignola feel, like the little devils flitting around in Hellboy in Hell.

image.jpeg.fe176e2311b1f36c9f602b0b7219d

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

any hope for those of us who want 1 or 2 of the heroes? or is it down to scouring ebay for sellers who are parting out the kit?

At least for the first few months, I think you're relegated to eBay. It'd be super surprising for GW to have them available outside the core box. Also, I think they're still just gonna release all the heroes in one box separately down the line like (I think?) they did with Blackstone Fortress.

• Thanks 1

@Captain Badruk

This seems to be a popular theory. 

•I can't see Gdubs getting too much more $$ from that existing Mortarch kit. 

•Its in a start collecting that's soon to be removed, I'd wager. 

•Mortarchs are pretty important characters so going forward it would seem better for those three to get their own sculpts. 

•In fitting with the OBR lore, I could see him being fused with his mount Razarak into the same bone construct body. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Captain Badruk

This seems to be a popular theory. 

•I can't see Gdubs getting too much more $$ from that existing Mortarch kit. 

•Its in a start collecting that's soon to be removed, I'd wager. 

•Mortarchs are pretty important characters so going forward it would seem better for those three to get their own sculpts. 

•In fitting with the OBR lore, I could see him being fused with his mount Razarak into the same bone construct body. 

Damn that would be amazing! really excited for a potential second wave of the bonereapers, my favorite aesthetic and lore in the whole setting by a good ways

• Like 1