The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I think we definitely have enough evidence now that big hair is the design thread through all the new vampires! Fascinating that there is another oval base.

Guess whoever dislikes it will have Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula to blame... I like that new model. Not very pretty to look at but oozes style! 

Damn she's cool. Like a Lemony Snicket character brought to unlife. Pleasantly understated too, has a wonderful sort of shabby elegance. This will be the 8th new vampire model we've seen previewed, all bangers.

Based on the insignia on the back of her collar, looks like she's part of the same Vyrkos dynasty as Radukar and Kritzi.

n9mjawxUmwqYIzui.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, robinlvalentine said:

I love these creepy Ulfenkarn vampires - this one and the Rat Prince. But they feel like a different aesthetic to the more generic vampires we've seen for the rest of Soulblight. I wish the Blood Knights for example were as weird and interesting as these. 

Perhaps they are "further along"... their body proportions seem to be elongated and they're rake-thin... the blood knights and warrior-esque models might be more buff because they're younger/weaker.... or simply because train their bodies. Noone can really know for sure which rules apply but it's no unusual for older vampires to start looking less human....

So, that’s the best Vampire I’ve seen from GW. It has all the qualities of a Blanche piece. I can’t eblive I’m even more stoked for this release than I was was Cursed city got revealed. This is going to be a beautiful army. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Perhaps they are "further along"... their body proportions seem to be elongated and they're rake-thin... the blood knights and warrior-esque models might be more buff because they're younger/weaker.... or simply because train their bodies. Noone can really know for sure which rules apply but it's no unusual for older vampires to start looking less human....

I'm sure there are ways to justify it lore wise - I'm just saying for me it doesn't line up aesthetically. 

14 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Damn she's cool. Like a Lemony Snicket character brought to unlife. Pleasantly understated too, has a wonderful sort of shabby elegance. This will be the 8th new vampire model we've seen previewed, all bangers.

Based on the insignia on the back of her collar, looks like she's part of the same Vyrkos dynasty as Radukar and Kritzi.

n9mjawxUmwqYIzui.jpg

The Body, the pose and everythng is great, except the face XD headswap incoming! :D

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I love the blood knights. 
The Ulfencarn Vampires are fine, yet a bit too Tim Burton-y for my taste.
Concerning the bodies: Like with humans these nobles have different body types. Since ordinary nobles do not have to execute a lot of physical work they tend to be slender. :) *

Edit: * a property they seem to maintain in undeath

Edited by JackStreicher

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

I love the blood knights. 
The Ulfencarn Vampires are fine, yet a bit too Tim Burton-y for my taste.
Concerning the bodies: Like with humans these nobles have different body types. Since ordinary nobles do not have to execute a lot of physical work they tend to be slender. :)

Could very well be the reason... or not. Frankly we don't really know but I'd suspect the same thing (that said, other nobles (humans) are less Tim Burton-y). Either way, I like every vamp I've seen so far. Great models!

Except for the single female knight in the BK unit.  We all know I'm not exactly big on women in warrior units (although that mostly applies to Chaos Warriors....) but that's not the reason there.... the boob armor also doesn't irk me..... but that random  skull in her hair, that just sticks out in a bad way! xD I would've loved for them to not put that in there.

37 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

I love these creepy Ulfenkarn vampires - this one and the Rat Prince. But they feel like a different aesthetic to the more generic vampires we've seen for the rest of Soulblight. I wish the Blood Knights for example were as weird and interesting as these. 

I also like these guys more than the Blood Knights, but I am happy that there is room in this faction for both the cool, classic heavily-armoured Vampire Lords and weirdos like Kritza and Annika.

• Like 1

I posted it on the wrong thread, so here I go again...

2 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

UK prices for anyone interested 

- Mortevell's Helcourt: 65€ - £50.00

- Horrek's Dreadlance: 90€ - £74.00

- Invidian Plaguehost: 70€ - £55.00

- Xintil War-magi: 65€ - £50.00

FEC (Helcourt) = £72.50 RPP/£22.50 saving.

Ossiarch (Dreadlance) = £100 RRP/£26 saving.

Nurgle (Plaguehost) = £85 RPP/£30 saving.

CoS (War-magi) = £70 RRP/£20 saving.

The Luminarks are usually Direct Only, so if you take the usual third party 10%/20% off then CoS players get a decent discount.