The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I must admit, this made me laugh ๐Ÿ˜„

FB_IMG_1611838043627.jpg

Screenshot_20210128-124719_Facebook.jpg

Did they delete the comment? Can't seem to find it any more ๐Ÿค” shady damage control if you ask me ๐Ÿ˜‘ would much rather they would own their mistakes and just apologize for the bad communication..ย 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

11 minutes ago, Third said:

Did they delete the comment? Can't seem to find it any more ๐Ÿค” shady damage control if you ask me ๐Ÿ˜‘ would much rather they would own their mistakes and just apologize for the bad communication..ย 

Yep, comment seems to be missing ๐Ÿ˜œ

32 minutes ago, Third said:

The community facebook page for AoSย "shadowbans" negative comments, i.e you can write all you want but you are the only one that can see your comments if deemed negative. They are hidden for other people.ย 

• Like 2

I wouldnโ€™t want these kinds of passive aggressive comments on my marketing posts either. From a company perspective, it must be hard to deal with this fanbase sometimes. ย In fact, itโ€™s downright embarrassing to call myself a Warhammer aficionado when I see this kind of behaviour, even though itโ€™s from a very vocal minority.ย 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

ย Yeah I did listenย to "Army of the night" after the Cursed city reveal ;)ย 

Artworks we have of Wolf show him like some Russian warlord from around 1600, so I also thought he probably will have a werewolf option !ย The other lupine/ vampiricย looking dudes are probably Acolytes to Wolf. They could belong to that new Vampire Bloodline, the ferocious Vyrkos...

The WD article about Godbeasts is WD nยฐ460 (so the one after the Spiderfang issue, who contains the Age of Chaos timeline), p. 13 :ย 

ย 

Vrykos is presumably derived from vrykolakas, the greek vampire analog which in some folktales retains a more werewolf-esque appearance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KK9T said:

very vocal minority.ย 

Doesnโ€˜t mean theyโ€˜re wrong.

A company that knows how to handle Social Media would have good answers prepared to react in a good way to negative comments - spinning the comment on its head an turning it into good marketing.ย 

GW does not have any answers people tend to be right with their negativity (excluding the usual trolls and flamers ofc, I donโ€˜t understand why so many Tzeentch worshippers hang out at the same place asย all these Cave-dwelling fungus loversย ๐Ÿค”)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 8
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, KK9T said:

I wouldnโ€™t want these kinds of passive aggressive comments on my marketing posts either. From a company perspective, it must be hard to deal with this fanbase sometimes. ย In fact, itโ€™s downright embarrassing to call myself a Warhammer aficionado when I see this kind of behaviour, even though itโ€™s from a very vocal minority.ย 

Lol. I think a humorous comment on a social media page is basically the very best you could hope for from any modern customer base.ย 

Go look at YA consumers or anime people or the fans of video games, any number of youtubers, twitch streamers and so on. Warhammer has an absolutely gentlemanly fan base by comparison.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Doko said:

So they can give us that negative comment as excuse of dont do their work and balance the game but we are banned if we give that same comment.....interesting

Yeah, from a PR perspective it does make sense for them to delete negative comments like that. Also what do you mean by them giving us a โ€œnegative commentโ€?ย 

6 minutes ago, KK9T said:

I wouldnโ€™t want these kinds of passive aggressive comments on my marketing posts either. From a company perspective, it must be hard to deal with this fanbase sometimes.

I worked in Social Media marketing, this is harmless. A competent team of community managers can moderate this without deleting criticalย comments.ย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It was pretty clever and funny joke, even if passive aggressive, but far from rude or uncalled for either, I think the multi million company will survive this facebook post ;)ย 

Speaking of data they also posted a nice metawatch article for 40k about all their new FAQs and point changes. I guess AoS wont see that ;)

image.png.48012af6e58f2aff3ea92c410e4e7278.png

I would love to see a similar breakdown for AoS though, where the go first or second seems a far more mixed bag than 40k, even if going second was best for all non alpha strikers, especially with the risk of the double turn.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

It was pretty clever and funny joke, even if passive aggressive, but far from rude or uncalled for either, I think the multi million company will survive this facebook post ;)ย 

Speaking of data they also posted a nice metawatch article for 40k about all their new FAQs and point changes. I guess AoS wont see that ;)

image.png.48012af6e58f2aff3ea92c410e4e7278.png

I would love to see a similar breakdown for AoS though, where the go first or second seems a far more mixed bag than 40k, even if going second was best for all non alpha strikers, especially with the risk of the double turn.

I don't play 40k (started an army, still building and buying things) and I don't know even how to play (read a bit but nothing seriously).

And I must say that I enjoyed this metwatch. I don't know if the lists are good or bad, but the whole analysis seems to be well made.

The 40k FAQ was only out 3 weeks ago and they're already putting up data-filled articles analyzing the changes.ย 

Meanwhile, AOS gets no changes in its FAQ because there wasn't enough data in 6 months to figure out that Kroak at 320 is a joke.

If we didn't know for a fact that the right hand at GW has no clue what the left hand is doing, it would feel like they're deliberating rubbing in how bogus their reasoning for doing nothing was.ย 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

So what you think gonna be the vampirelord?

1- a full only vampires armys,with foot ligh armored females vampires,heavy cavalry,cheap glass cannon unit of the berzerker winged vampire,and maybe one heavy armor infantry

2-classical old vampire counts,with one foot unit and one cavalry unit of vampires and then some zombi\ghoul\skeletons

I would like the option 2 because after collect fyreslayers......i think gonna be boring if it is only vampires and also vampires loose his "special and rare" feeling if all your army are vampires.

ย 

But if it is option 2 what gonna happens? New kits?then what happen with the old kits of actual death? New kits that wont replace old?

So per example new skeletons that gonna be more elites,bulky and come in 32 mm base now

2 minutes ago, Doko said:

1- a full only vampires armys,with foot ligh armored females vampires,heavy cavalry,cheap glass cannon unit of the berzerker winged vampire,and maybe one heavy armor infantry

2-classical old vampire counts,with one foot unit and one cavalry unit of vampires and then some zombi\ghoul\skeletons

I would like the option 2 because after collect fyreslayers......i think gonna be boring if it is only vampires and also vampires loose his "special and rare" feeling if all your army are vampires.

ย 

But if it is option 2 what gonna happens? New kits?then what happen with the old kits of actual death? New kits that wont replace old?

So per example new skeletons that gonna be more elites,bulky and come in 32 mm base now

Done correctly, I'd prefer option one. However I'd put money on option two based specially on the same "Soulblight Gravelords." To me that sounds like there will be skeletons and/or zombies involved, but hopefully some new undead creatures too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Doko said:

ย 

I kinda hope itโ€™s a mixture of the two.ย The underworlds warband makes me think of it being a caste system of vampire strains. So theย smaller winged lesser-vampires andย the purer elites etc. But I love everything undeadย and macabre so a death soup faction is more than okay.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KK9T said:

I do community management for several companies and the worst thing you can do is to remove it.ย 
If itโ€™s a vocal minority you brush it off with a joke (which they do often). And the majority wil respect amd support that.ย 
if you remove it,ย ย people will see it as shady control. Regardless if itโ€™s a minority or not.ย 

If itโ€™s a majority than the best thing to do and maintain the attitude* is to own your mistake.ย 
ย 

*donโ€™t know the non-jargon term for that in English, sorry

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Doko said:

ย 

I prefer the second option but only because it would make the most fans happy. As for me personally I prefer the idea of the former but only because I am not a major death guy but like me some vampires. I think the best option would be to have something like the current legion of blood be avalible to players who want to create a full Vampire list. I still like the idea I posted earlier of the different Vampire Bloodlines functioning somewhat like Chaos Marks and effecting the gameplay and strategies of the army depending on the general.ย 

For example you can have the Zombies be enthralledย ofย Strogoiย and be set up in deepstrike or be be enthralled to Lahimia andย re-roll charges.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I prefer the second option but only because it would make the most fans happy. As for me personally I prefer the idea of the former but only because I am not a major death guy but like me some vampires. I think the best option would be to have something like the current legion of blood be avalible to players who want to create a full Vampire list. I still like the idea I posted earlier of the different Vampire Bloodlines functioning somewhat like Chaos Marks and effecting the gameplay and strategies of the army depending on the general.ย 

For example you can have the Zombies be enthralledย ofย Strogoiย and be set up in deepstrike or be be enthralled to Lahimia andย re-roll charges.ย 

Yeah that seems a cool idea and would match what today GW does with sub-factions.

Regarding Soulblight as it is today we have: Vampire Lord, Mannfred, Neferata, Vhordrai, Blood Knights, Vargheist, Coven throne and Palanquin, Fell Bats and Bat Swarm.

The last two kits are absurdly old and ugly so either they need to go or be replaced. Vargheists are the same kit as half FEC so are here to stay, Blood knights:ย rumour has thereโ€™s a new kit waiting for them. Everything else is safe to say has no reason to be pulled out, so this leaves a quiteย elite army, with the addition of thralls like new zombies and the old skeletons what would really be missing is something exotic like Werewolves or Vampire-Wolves and some centre piece (maybe a new Mortarch?).

Assuming the entire LoN does not get pulled in, in that case thereโ€™s even more kits with some ready to be updated or retired. In any case whatโ€™s missing is some exotic elite options. Ranged attacks would be a plus, but I donโ€™t really see it in this army as it is...

I wouldnโ€™t mind Terrorgheist and Zombie Dragon being restricted to FEC and see some new centrepiece.

Regarding kits to get ridย or update: Bat Swarm, Fell Bat, Dire Wolves, Zombies and maybe the Corpse Cart?

Thats just my 2 cents...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am guessing they will be similar to old VC: vampires as elites/heroes with skellies and zambies as core. New blood knights wouldn't surprise me, and I am almost certain the Vrykos vampires will become the replacement for vargheists/a new elite sort of deal. I imagine there will be a "all vampire all the time" option via allegiances or something.

4 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

The 40k FAQ was only out 3 weeks ago and they're already putting up data-filled articles analyzing the changes.ย 

This is at least partially due to more data analysis from community side exisitng for 40k. It was guys from Goonhammer in warcom article doing heavy lifting not GW

• Like 3