The Rumour Thread

Just now, JustAsPlanned said:

I don’t think that’s an entirely fair comparison - the Lumineth aren’t really meant to be gothic or reminiscent of the old world in the same way that the Witch Hunters and Vampires are. They still look fire though, I’ve gotta admit.

Nothing's fair in life... I just know I wanna see more stuff like that in AoS and WAY, WAY, WAAAAAY less like Lumineth. That fox thing makes me cringe. Didn't understand the complaints about the cow guys personally but the new tauntauns and fox cosplay are lame to the max.

• Confused 3

Well, if that „Reveal Show“ wasn‘t a complete letdown then I don‘t know.

All they did was revealing teasers, nothing was really revealed except for the Titanicus Warlord Kaiser Overlord Master even bigger than the others Knight.

The Vampire Warband is cool, looks great, but whatever? There‘s no feasible way to use these model at the moment. So amazing models, but I won‘t get them until I can use them?

Ulfencarn: Yeah teased, srsly save yourself the trouble of the show if you‘re only showing teasers. Might be interesting but I was immediately fed up when they weren‘t going to show more.

All in all this doesn’t look like new Vampires in the near future.

From now on I‘ll just skip these redundant shows. I am fed up with the annoying, predictable drip-feeding of news. Don’t get me wrong, I know Corona makes it difficult and all. Yet if you can‘t show enough FULL new content, then don‘t start an event, put the news on Warcom and be done with it.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

The new warhammer quest looks awesome. Combined with UW vampires that is a lot of undead goodness. Looking forward to painting some of them. I’m thinking quest might be the intro to a new undead army. Like with silver tower and Tzeentch?

also an insane amount of new Lumineth models. The swordmasters look cool.

What did they say about release dates? 

Just now, Doko said:

All 40000 spam and then for aos no soulbligth army.....great preview.

But the vampires of shadespire are great and it seems citys gonna get other focus in the next broken realm so it isnt all lost

What 40000 spam? They literally showed 2 40k products, 3 if you count Titanicus while all the rest was AoS related + the leaks we already got this week

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Doko said:

All 40000 spam and then for aos no soulbligth army.....great preview.

But the vampires of shadespire are great and it seems citys gonna get other focus in the next broken realm so it isnt all lost

yoou know they have preview the 40k models the second time? Literally 40 k got the sisters and that's all.  The whole 40k SM/Necron range got preview half a year ago and have their warscrolls already just no models. (and they said it will be for months an exclusive boxed ****** you cannot buy separately lmao)  

• Like 1

Overall I really like that preview! There was a pretty good balance of actually exciting stuff and the usual fare of 40k spam. Though those Sisters of Battle looked mega goofy with those big gangly arms imo. Also it’s a bit of a shame that the Nighthaunt aren’t getting any new rules in BR: Teclis like I expected, but it just means that they’re more likely to get some stuff in the next instalment ig.

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I hate to say I was disappointed, but I was hyping myself up for the Soulblight Gravelords reveals and we, of course, got none of that.

The Crimson Court and Cursed City look great, but as usual I let myself get too excited for what might be coming.

While it always sucks to wait, at least you can rest assured that Soulblight Gravelords will become one of the coolest armies out there if they keep up that level of quality. I guess they'll have a similar release pattern as back when Tzeentch came out - with Warhammer Quest preceding the release of the main army by a few months (was it a few months or weeks)... either way, I'm hyped for more reveals. 

For some time now GW are masters of disappointing shows.

After the leak everyone expected a full presentation of second wave of Lumineths, a full presentation of Vampires and perhaps a dual box of those two. What did they show? ONE NEW MODEL for Lumineth. Joke that isn't even funny.

Yeah the cursed city is cool and the vampire warband is just ok but that is nowhere near a fine AoS presentation.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

As per usual here is my uniformed and random musings in an attempt to breakdown the reveals with my hot takes (a little more lukewarm in this case). 

Weirdly underwhelming as the leaked images we got recently were more exciting to be honest. However, coupled with those images I am pretty happy about the direction of the hobby and I am very thankful for the potato cam leaker. Sadly no real confirmation or explanation of what is going on with the new Death faction which was my biggest hope for this preview.

40k: Sisters of Battle mech is possibly the coolest 40k mech, it suits their style and theme. If I were to ever play 40k they are the most interesting and cool looking Imperium army (Admech and Knights are neck and neck though).

Kill Team: Love the Necrons, but still not a Space Marine fan. I shall appreciate it from afar as I love Kill team batreps. Flayed Ones have always been my favourite Necron Unit. But this is less exciting than the Sisters of Battle Mech to me. If I had the cash I would dip my toes and add some AOS Chaos heads to the Space Marines. Make them Fallen Angels or something?

Adeptus Titanticus: I didn’t know this was still getting support. I am a huge Mech fan but this game falls outside of my hobby interests as I am not a big Imperium/40K fan. It is a cool looking model but I hope that game gets something outside of Knights/Titans and they release some Giant Tyranids or cool Eldar mechs to expand the concept theme. Come on Bandai give me a Tabletop Gundam game!

Age of Sigmar: Heck yeah! That new spirit will look great next to the Moontain! Also Swordmasters! Lots of cool silhouettes including Swordmasters! I have said countless times that as Lumineth expand their aesthetic theme would become more cohesive and I think this is further proof… Also Swordmasters!
Will Daughters of Khaine always get a battle tome towards the end of an edition? The endless spells are cool but I am not much of an endless spell person. Also Swordmasters!

Just rewatched the Lumineth preview video and it seems very hero heavy (didn't see the cloud but maybe I missed it), the mounted hero looks like a different model or build from the previous one... 🤔

Underworlds: Gorath(sp?) the enforcer is so cool… the others are great but I have eyes for that massive  brick of Vampire goodness. Batboi on the other hand is not my favourite, even if he is referencing my dear Strigoi to some extent.

QUEST!!!! This looks really cool, I am not a death person but I am tempted. My best friend plays everything Death so maybe I can convince him to get it… I am heart broken about Critters and Keys not being announced but maybe this will make up for it.
Also if that is a hint at what a Devouted of Sigmar army will look like maybe I will have to forgo my Slaaneshi, Aelven and Duardian excitement in favour of some good ol Humans (although Vampire/Withhunter Halfling will be my general).

Overall I think the announcements were decent but only coupled with the previously released images we had already. I am very hyped for the Lumineth but I am also thinking I might try and track down Shadow and Pain but that is likely outside of my admittedly tight budget! Curse you COVID and Student Loan!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

Just now, Aeryenn said:

For some time now GW are masters of disappointing shows.

After the leak everyone expected a full presentation of second wave of Lumineths, a full presentation of Vampires and perhaps a dual box of those two. What did they show? ONE NEW MODEL for Lumineth. Joke that isn't even funny.

Yeah the cursed city is cool and the vampire warband is just ok but that is nowhere near a fine AoS presentation.

I'm pretty sure that's a nice side effect of Covid-19... they'll slow down reveals as their release schedule got messed with.

Well, that was absolutely fantastic. Obviously loved all of the Lumineth "reveals". I would have preferred to see at least another unit, but I guess that, after the letdown of having revealed everything for the first wave and waiting for months, they do not want to make the same mistake. My bet for BR: Teclis is on the second "preorder slot" of March, and we will probably see something else soon. If I am not mistaken, we should be expecting to receive: "Cloud mage"/"Bolt-thrower"/"Blademasters"/Another couple of heroes/Dual kit of Vanari Lord-Regent/Fox-spirit + named fox-spirit/Windchargers. That doubles the current battletome, so there is a possibility of a new one in the near future.

As for the rest of the AoS part, those vampires are crazy looking, I will probably have to sell a kidney to afford Lumineth 2.0 + the warband + the new soulblight overlords, but the lack of teasing makes me think that they will probably be released closer to the summer. And the new WH Quest looks dope! All in all, fantastic. Really excited with the future of the Mortal Realms.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

image.png.d8ae8c1ee91e74dcc78775f37cb438a7.png

Shovel dude on the right and what seems like a vampire a priest and a knight

The 5th will probably be the big guy himself

Looks like a Vampire, Necromancer(?), Another Vampire and the Revealed Creepy Zombie Fella

WHQuest and Underworlds Warband are gonna be a LoN army in two boxes at this point?

Wondering how much Gravelords are gonna get in terms of raw AOS kits if we're looking at 7 New Vampire Sculpts just from Underworlds, this and the leaked VL? 

Don't forget we already know what's coming in February and March is mostly likely fairly solid right now. GW doesn't need to show everything for Lumineth nor Vampires considering that both are likely 3-4 months away right now. They teased yes, because that's the right thing to do several months out otherwise you'd be complaining for the next 3 months at not getting models you've seen ;)

You have to remember GW teases and operates in modest blocks - they don't typically blow their next year's worth of releases in one preview event. So we get drip-fed. 

We know vampires are coming as an army from the info earlier in the week and we've got an awesome looking Underworld group. That's a lot to be excited about and sure its not a full army, but if they showed everything or not you're still going to wait the same length of time. But now you know its coming :)Same for Lumineth who know have a pretty solid idea that they are a getting a nice chunky second-wave sized release of models.

• Like 10

Can we just appreciate the level of diversity in AoS, the difference between the Death stuff and Lumineth is night and day but both are appealing to such a broad range of people. The art for Cursed City is beautiful, the silhouettes of the new Lumineth look awesome and we still have the Hedonites, Soulblight and now DoK to come! 

• Like 6

Looked through the Lumineth video again

image.png.56af887efcefc49e1b7634c39cfc8f17.png

This seems like the other dual build for the hero we already saw

image.png.f3bc0dfa2a9c9dae130197e392c0d553.png

We have a on foot hero

image.png.0055592916a568afd6be41dd57ee5e5e.png

A Banner bearer

image.png.b3aa22e1309118e337ee3f55832b9cd8.png

Some kind of bow ballista

image.png.71d1989bb1501f32a3d9fcfedcbdcff5.png

2 guys floating on top of each other

image.png.efb51f154dc0ec22cc5a520dadac296f.png

Greatsword Infantry

image.png.bb0076337f6fc051701909b16f3927e5.png

And another Hero on foot

Together with the fully revealed Lord of the Wind and the Hurakan Windchargers seems like a really big update 

Also doesn't seem like that cloud teaser we got for new years is part of any of them

Makes me think if we will already see a new Battletome for them after their Broken Realms book like with Daughter of Khaine? 

If not they will for sure be one of the first in 3rd edition

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4