The Rumour Thread

39 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The same strange colour is found on the bone flute, by the way, which could indicate that it is a Soulblight thing after all. 

Underworlds does have some quirky familiars / companions in a lot of warbands, so this could be a weird bat-creature accompanying it’s vampire masters. Might be linked to the fell bat advent rumour engine. 

27 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I think I might make her into a Darkoath Warqueen. Maybe pair her up with the Splintered Fang...

Awesome idea, she’d look great with the greenish silver armour they wear. Could also kitbash with some Melusai parts for added chaotic mutations.

Now that Bonesplittaz are confirmed, a reasonable guess is that these could be the related rumour engines.

Spoiler

image.png.cb4cdb1a44b5bba211813123fa63b4a2.pngimage.jpeg.7187863073f8e59b291020da3bd591cd.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

Underworlds does have some quirky familiars / companions in a lot of warbands, so this could be a weird bat-creature accompanying it’s vampire masters. Might be linked to the fell bat advent rumour engine. 

I'd almost bet money on the warband having some sort of creature. It would allow the unit to have more models without taking away from the "elite" status of vampires. So I figure 2-3 vamps and then 1-2  creatures of some sort.

4 minutes ago, Ghoooouls said:

To me, the silhouette one looks like its holding a two-handed weapon above its head, like a giant spear or something.

Based on that front protrusion it looks to me like they're swinging a huge bone in an overhead chop but could well be a spear. Looks a little bit like this classic piece of savage orc art:

Untitled23423423.jpg

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, shinros said:

I must...stay...strong...just think of slaanesh mortals....

Why not both? :P

To be honest, with GW release dates being a bit out of wack, these guys could be 4+ months off - plenty of time to finish painting Slaanesh mortals. 

And while everyone's minds are on vampires at the moment, I am wondering when we'll hear more about Slaanesh. They seem to be a little forgotten about at the moment despite their release allegedly being very close. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

To be honest, with GW release dates being a bit out of wack, these guys could be 4+ months off - plenty of time to finish painting Slaanesh mortals. 

That is why I hope we get some more info on the show, just some info on, if the skeletons and what not will be part of the faction, so that I can get started right away.

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

And while everyone's minds are on vampires at the moment, I am wondering when we'll hear more about Slaanesh. They seem to be a little forgotten about at the moment despite their release allegedly being very close. 

It's troublesome when you favourite armies are coming out rather close together. But you're right, vampires will be my second project for sure!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shinros said:

It's troublesome when you favourite armies are coming out rather close together. But you're right, vampires will be my second project for sure!

I'm feeling the same if these fabled witch/vampire hunters come out. Love Slaanesh too much to drop mortals, but the witch hunters won't be going anywhere any time soon, so I'll just do a second project if and when they're released. 

So, what do all of you think the "new thing" for vampires will be? Because I doubt it will just be the vampires we all know and love, so what do you think of the possibility of werewolves? Considering the poster and the rumour engine? This was mentioned on the last few pages. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I for one am glad that Vampirate meme (a 100% WFB theme) can be put to rest ! 

I'll be happy if Vampire Coast is a playable army in TOW in five years, but given its popularity with Total War, it wouldn't have belonged to AOS :) 

.... Then watch the Warhammer Quest / Board game take place in a sunken pirate ship :P;):D

AoS have the Wraithfleet too.

And let's be honest, giant bats with zombies full of bombs, vampires riding giant zombie crabs and ship-colossus thing with a gatling gun instead of an arm seems to fit perfectly for AoS.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I really hope GW are not going to keep up the pattern of previewing minis 3 or 4 months ahead of when we can actually buy them.

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

AoS have the Wraithfleet too.

And let's be honest, giant bats with zombies full of bombs, vampires riding giant zombie crabs and ship-colossus thing with a gatling gun instead of an arm seems to fit perfectly for AoS.

Well, the Wraithfleet would have been more of a Nighhaunt-pirate theme, right ? And it was more like a one-page reference in 2017, never referenced in AOS2. 

But I agree with your description of wackyness, alas as of now it is wayyyy to much linked to the existing WFB franchise (Vampire Coast in 6th and in Total War, Dreadfleet in 8th) to fit as an identical, whole faction in AOS. That's my problem with it (in AOS, not per se). 

My dream vampire faction would be Vampire foot soldiers, Vampire archers, new Blood Knights, Gargoyle type of flying beast, keep the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon but update the warscroll a little bit and give it mount traits, update the Coven Throne's warscroll and then some other really cool center piece model.

I think foot soldiers / archers like those from Underworld: Rise of Lycans would be nice

underworld archer.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well, the Wraithfleet would have been more of a Nighhaunt-pirate theme, right ? And it was more like a one-page reference in 2017, never referenced in AOS2. 

But I agree with your description of wackyness, alas as of now it is wayyyy to much linked to the existing WFB franchise (Vampire Coast in 6th and in Total War, Dreadfleet in 8th) to fit as an identical, whole faction in AOS. That's my problem with it (in AOS, not per se). 

Not exactly. The last KOs battletome mentions a special KO unit (Black Marines) to fight them (AoS 2.0).

We already know that the leader is a vampir (Varkos Varaktyr) and the troops were just a GA:Death.

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

Not exactly. The last KOs battletome mentions a special KO unit (Black Marines) to fight them (AoS 2.0).

We already know that the leader is a vampir (Varkos Varaktyr) and the troops were just a GA:Death.

Yeah, but precisely : with Ghost ships and normal Death troops on top, so nothing  really similar to the very defined identity of the Vampire Coast in WFB. 

That's why it couldn't come like this to AOS. 

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

new BR fiction is out is about Skargrott and his gitz

gTaKcfJQAAiilFPY.pdf (warhammer-community.com)

Thank you ! Vers interesting read ;) 

Spoiler

You seek prophecy, wretch? You go to your death!’ he boomed. ‘ e gate will shatter! e earth will tear! e sky shall eat the storm, and the serpent’s tide will rise! e Changer’s riddle is born anew by the splitting mirror of the Dark Prince!’

• Like 1