The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I'm not too surprised that its more 40K stuff this week. I'm not certain that this is even all of the new Necrons, I feel like there's at least one other thing we've seen, flayed ones maybe?

Does anyone else think that the Ophidian Destroyers are basically just the Necron answer to the Tomb Kings Sepulchral Stalkers?

Flayed ones and some of the variant crypteks, at least. And then there’s a bunch of marine stuff still to go, sword veterans and characters and bits of Indomitus. Hopefully after that we’ll see whatever’s next for AoS.

Kind of but they’re also a throwback to the 3rd edition wraiths, which were much closer to this ‘floaty necron with a tail’ design than what they became in 5th ed, insectoid canoptek constricts.

latest?cb=20110929093254

RE: Gridiron: a full view of Direchasm seems pretty likely.

• Like 5

it is already known which is the next bb team.. the tree man is yet to come out.. we know what the new edition has in the box (less 2 miniatures) and all his rules are leaked.. 

It would be very rare for GW to show even more things with all this still pending..

And if they only talk about what has already been seen, it will be very crappy...

So let's hope it's not blood bowl.

My Predictions for Gridrion and Glory :
Gridiron - Definite Bloodbowl, in-depth look at the new Season 2 Box, 4th Team Announced (If we include the Undead from the other month)

Glory - Probably going to be Direchasm. Full look at Lumineth and Slaanesh teams.
Would also vouch for it being a look at Warcry Season 2 - Possibly showing as to where the additional warband boxes are going to go and I'd certainly guess it'll to be focused with non-Chaos forces in mind. I can't see GW making 8 Chaos Factions and only having 1 other non-Chaos faction represented with custom faction elements.
I'd guess with the theme of "Catacombs", they might have a look at the ugh "Darker" factions (hence the Shadowstalkers, bc whats spooky scary than spooky scary assassin elves with spooky shadow cloaks?).

Could be where the Vampire/Soulblight rumour engines are heading towards, with new sculpts for Warcry maybe?
More likely they'll end up with the Direchasm though.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if at least one of those pays off this Saturday, but if it doesn't... I'd call Soulblight for Christmas.

I don't really expect anything for 40k or AOS though, there seems to be a massive backlog in the other games and I'm guessing they'll be the push towards Christmas, minus the Broken Realms AOS Book and the remaining supplements/models for 40k.

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

We've already seen the previews for the new Orcs and Human teams I think? Wanting the Orcs to convert into Ironjawz, so would be happy if they're released soon. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/06/waaagh-ere-come-da-black-orcs/ for the Orcs

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/03/blood-bowl-new-season-sighted/ for Freeguild

9jORjv3hz0tl7mEh.jpg.d7233dc2e9bb9c9789fb35bf7a917f33.jpg

dfhLtO2gQRKR22h2.jpg

The Orc is already armed well, though the human needs a bit of help. GW isn't going to give us any other new Freeguild sculpts any time soon, so this is what we'll get.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

Yeah, 'Gridion' is definitely Blood Bowl and 'Glory' is what makes it a giveaway for Direchasm. Also Direchasm's out in roughly two months at the latest and the previous WHU starter boxes had long since been previewed by this stage.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw another warband as well, that's the sort of thing they did before. We've seen a chameleon skink member of the lizardmen warband, might see his mates.

It's hard to say beyond that. The name suggests that Warcry and WHU will be the centrepieces but around the same time last year they previewed Slaves to Darkness, some Psychic Awakening stuff and a handful of Sisters of Battle, so there's probably still scope for some AoS/40k stuff. Would love to see what's next for Adeptus Titanicus as well as unlike Necromunda, we don't have much confirmation of what's coming next besides a book and best guesses.

It also seems plausible that whatever we do see for AoS or even 40k would be another vague teaser, like a video mentioning blood and the children of the night with a few cuts between vampire-related rumour engines we've seen already.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

There are still some unsolved Rumor Engines with spindly arms holding renaissance weapons, iirc.

Well it took a 11-13 month to resolve those 4 rumours engines that were part of the Shadow & Pain Box. (Reveal August 22nd)

ACtC-3dRBMP6l7fsAps5dSPOYQjcee5PtwsU9v72

ACtC-3eX4eV2cTxhDbJmOy8vr1ZUJ_a9JyoVYxGL

Actually I don't even know if the Rumours Engine with the Boot was the one that took the longest

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zamerion said:

it is already known which is the next bb team.. the tree man is yet to come out.. we know what the new edition has in the box (less 2 miniatures) and all his rules are leaked.. 

It would be very rare for GW to show even more things with all this still pending..

And if they only talk about what has already been seen, it will be very crappy...

So let's hope it's not blood bowl.

Gridiron is 100% referring to Blood Bowl. 

Just echoing what everyone's saying it's almost definitely blood bowl and WHU

one other thing I would not be surprised if we don't get too many previews of things more than a month or two away for the foreseeable future. Nottingham's almost certainly heading back into some kind of lockdown along with much of the UK, and this is going to be an on & off (with more on than off sadly) situation for the next 6-12 months (hopefully just that but you never know)

there's been lots of discussion about whether GW should provide long term release schedules rather than the  intense few weeks of the "check out this new thing, get hyped, NOW BUY!" model but I suspect there's a good chance that seeing how the long wait between the reveals of Lumineth & Behemat and them going on sale seemed to dampen enthusiasm a bit that might be a non-starter now

give us long enough to actually think about these things and with every extra week FOMO wanes and that box of plastic that will then sit unbuilt and unpainted on a shelf for another 6-12 months seems less like an essential purchase