The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

@HollowHills Due to the current playable lists all being heavily reliant on eels and volturnous I dont think they could avoid an increase to force the use of other units. 

I know this isn't actually the fix that's needed at all and the points shown currently do nothing to help the situation either, but as all people ever see is eels the feedback will most likely have been negative and forced an increase.

I'm sorry my friend, but I think they're about to be hit. 

They should just give us a new damn battletome. 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

100 point Stormvermin will hopefully let them see play more often.

As Somebody who enjoys playing skaven very much I can assure you that at that points level they might see more play in a well more fun or fluff matches.

In a Competitive There might be one or two crazed fanatics (me included) who’ll probably use them some times sooner or later

This is mostly including units of 30-40.

units if 10 might now see a use as a pretty cheap Battleline tax, that can give you some more options, considering that even our not so great support hero the warlock engineer went up in points.

so yeah I guess  will see them a bit more played, although not the way most people were hoping to see them used

Edited by Skreech Verminking

I love that Deepkin are all about fast heavy cavalry both for core and their heavy hitting heroes its super fitting for the atlantian theme and unique among aelf armies it's what attracted me to the army, I only wish that the rest of the range was attractive both in model aesthetics and rules especially the narmarti which are really ugly and bad.  I can get behind the Soulscryer and Tidecaster, but the other options blow so hard lol

I just hope their new tome either gives them the on foot heavy armored Ahkelian infantry that the novel hinted at and more mounted characters, my tidecaster is always slogging behind the army unless I take the teleport spell to keep up.

• Confused 1

I'd wager any points "leaks" that aren't printed on an actual page of the GHB can be comfortably dismissed as fake. I doubt anyone who's leaked anything has seen the FAQ/Errata that will accompany the book and have further changes. I'd also say there's a good chance of actual rule adjustments, i.e. warscroll (Hearthguard) or sub-faction (Petrifex) changes beyond just points adjustments. Best to wait and see.

14 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Sons of behemat,  3 models is the whole range. So one kit.

490 points each, 480 for the warstomper. 

So they are like Imperial Knights as I suspected. Im sure they will play like them too...which is to say not well. Costing more then Stonehorns they better have the best damage output and survivability  in the game

edit: hold up...how do they have points in the GH when their book isnt even out? That has never happened before...smells fake now

Edited by Malakithe

7 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Edit: hold up...how do they have points in the GH when their book isnt even out? That has never happened before...smells fake now

Its very likely that they were suppossed to be out by now. Books are printed months in advance. 

• Like 2

Also looks like mystic shield may be changing. Hysh spell is reroll saves of 1 to a unit wholly within 12 until your next hero phase. Obviously that would be redundant if mystic shield stays the same (unless they think getting two versions of the same spell is fun).

20 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

I find it fitting that they cost more than Stonehorns. They are much bigger and should be much stronger.

*looks at Maw-Krusha and cries*

Seriously though, more expensive than a Frostlord on Stonehorn, less killy, less survivable. Geedubs are just a bit all over the place when it comes to pointing behemoths. 

9 hours ago, Sleboda said:

3rd. Main rules + Warhammer Armies book + Realm of Chaos books.

I remember those chaos armies.. and I still haven't forgiven them for 3rd! The demon weapons which contained a demon....amongstall the other nasties chaos could field.. 

Mind you dwarf runes were key to shaping our armies..master runes of death, three runes of fury For an extra 3 attacks... those where the days..

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I cannot wait to get a look at the Mega Gargants Warscroll, hell even the Aleguzzlers may have changed significantly.

I think Aleguzzlers have to change. Right now they are very swingy, which is ok for a single mind game ally, but which would make a low-model count army out of them more of a coin toss than a strategy game... 😎

Edited by Beastmaster

34 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

I think Aleguzzlers have to change. Right now they are very swingy, which is ok for a single mind game ally, but which would make a low-model count army out of them more of a coin toss than a strategy game... 😎

Apparently they may even have a name change, either that or the Battalion name is Mancrusher.