The Rumour Thread

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I was actually referring to the underworld warbands😋, but we could certainly use a big reveal, if that’ll be the case this year is sadly something I don’t know😢😅

Well, even if we had warbands similar to the sepulchral guard, in the case of Eshin, 1 assassin,1 gutter runner and 6 or 7 nightrunners would already create enough variation in poses to just use then as counts-as units. I would gladly splurge 100 to 200 euro on 60 or so eshin friends. In fact if Spiteclaw had more models in the box I would have even used those.

A part of me still hopes existing warbands that have been powercrept get an update in the form of new cards and a few extra models or something.

38 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I do really like the models, but the two handed mace looks like they glued an ardboy mace to the end of a brute smasher as an afterthought, or to save sculpting time. It just looks amaturish, not what I expect from GW.  . I’ll probably be cutting that off. 

Well to me that seems like just something orks would do, just take a weapon lying around and put it on your weapon to make it longer so I like it

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

What about this guy? Is there going to be a separate bonesplitterz warband? I'm really hoping for a model that does this art some justice.

great-fortitude.png

Hmm the next up has to be the DoK warband and this guy doesn’t look like these Ironjawz brutes.

is there another batch of warbands we are not aware of?

it can’t be a mistake since this guy was shown of a few time in the card art

12 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Yikes I sure hope not! It isn't even close. It doesn't even have the horns which are the most distinctive part of the art, the mask is totally different, the jaw is totally different. Usually the art is pretty close.

Hmm you might be right on second thought. What looked like horns on a dark screen turn out to be weirdly high shoulder muscles. So I guess you’re right. 
BE6B7367-F455-4882-B0EE-CEDBFDD73AEE.jpeg.0f9f693540f84c9b119c8ade3ce3905b.jpeg

6CAC93BE-FDD5-4D58-B5CE-7434C30F5DE3.png.2ae8d4d534ad37ce33d48ff3af8b8be1.png

28 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Disappointed that it's another Ironjawz Warband. Seems strange to double up when Bonesplitters lack one?

I know there's three Stormcast Warbands, but they're the poster boys so that's to be anticipated. 

mostly disappointed they didn't show this and DOK at the same time :/ we knew more IJ were coming, this time as brutes

It’s a case of art being made early on, possibly at the concept stage for the minis. You’ll notice that the two handed mace is also shown on a Beastgrave card but in the hands of an ork with a full helm, more armour and no bird skull. 

Things change and similarities between art and models aren’t as tight for Underworlds as for main AoS because they use freelancers. This sort of difference has happened multiple times already. Hrothgorn, the gnoblars and his cat all appeared strikingly different from the models in some early cards. Best not get your hope up for more new orks. These are them.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Yikes I sure hope not! It isn't even close. It doesn't even have the horns which are the most distinctive part of the art, the mask is totally different, the jaw is totally different. Usually the art is pretty close.

Actually the art is often quite different from the finished minis. If you go back and look at some of the art of Hrothgorn on cards, for example, a lot of it looks very different in the same way this does. The card art seems like it's commissioned before the designs for the minis are finalised, which makes sense. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Hah, snap! 

EDIT: And Nick Bayton from Warhammer TV has just confirmed on Facebook. 

underworlds confirmation.PNG

That's too bad. They really failed with that model compared to the art. On a related note, does anyone else feel like the quality of underworlds warbands often lags the main line of models?

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

Dangit, was really hoping for that DoK warband. Sometimes I feel like the faction has been lost to time, since they're barely ever referenced in stories or in the lore.

Did you listen to the new Gotrek audio dramas? The second main character (his traveling "companion" is a DoK witch aelf. 

6 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

That's too bad. They really failed with that model compared to the art. On a related note, does anyone else feel like the quality of underworlds warbands often lags the main line of models?

I think the underworlds models are pretty nice quality. I just built and zenithaled my wurmspat minis and i thought they were incredible (having 25 blight kings, GUO, Glottkin, I think the wurmspat is actually better sculpts.)   I also recently finished painting thorns of the briar queen and thought the sculpts were great and fun to paint. 

• Like 2

Malaneth has also risen in the Gotrek stories and it seems she'll be there for the long haul - perhaps even as long as Felix was in the Old World. Of course the dynamic between her and Gotrek is very different, especially as she has conflicts within herself as her attitude toward him and her own ideas of self preservation and advancement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Nope. They’re generally more characterful versions of the infantry kits. I prefer them, most of the time. 

• Like 5

On a related note, does anyone else feel like the quality of underworlds warbands often lags the main line of models?

I don't. I have a few warbands, and they have similar detailing to regular models, and quite nice posing.

With the new Orruks and Grots, I do feel that the quantity of models is decreasing, while the price is increasing.

Edited by zilberfrid

Couldn't disagree more, I think the Underworlds minis are fantastic. I'm not a huge fan of push fit, but the things they're able to achieve with it are nothing short of incredible.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Disappointed that it's another Ironjawz Warband. Seems strange to double up when Bonesplitters don’t have one?

I really like these models.  I’m happy to get more Brute models.  Having said that, I too was hoping for a Bonesplitterz warband and I am disappointed there is not one.  My reason is that these Underworlds warbands usually have a hero model in them and I would really like a new plastic Bonesplitterz hero sculpt - preferably a Wardok.

But alternate Brute models in more dynamic poses is great also.  And each of these guys looks like they could work well for fun Warchanter conversions.

• Like 2

I'm really surprised people are complaining about there being another Ironjawz warband considering we've pretty much known there was going to be one since the starter set for this season was released. Personally I think their sculpts look great, they'll look great alongside my Ironskullz Boys when I use them for Warcry too. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

No, in fact I'm a little disappointed that Underworlds is where to much of GW's model making "energy" seems to be going. They could at least have the decency to use the in a skirmish game instead of a board game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1