The Rumour Thread

I’ve been looking at the elves some more and I gotta say I’m really starting to like the color scheme with all the white and cream. They also use a really light white-gold which might be a new paint color? 

both units are called Varani something. Maybe this is like the idoneth who have different castes, like the Akhelian. Looking forward to seeing some of the more elite units for the lumineth

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JPjr said:

has the number of ugly, massive, irrelevant adverts on this site just increased exponentially overnight for everyone else? fair enough TGA has gotta keep the lights on and those new Aleves ain't gonna buy themselves but just checking I haven't managed to infect my laptop with my unsavoury web practices... 

AdBlock is your friend.  I don't see a single advert. 

Tyrion is 100% part of the new faction. A different question is whether he will have a model as part of this release. Teasing so far was guided by LVO including Teclis. Maybe they decided to do this because only Teclis got a model. Or maybe they decided to reveal Tyrion later, because Teclis' model did not end up being that stunning and they have Tyrion under the sleeve for potentital buyers to close the deal nearer to release. 

It's interesting that they decided to only show basic troops at this first reveal. The fact that the more eye.catching, extravagant elites were left for further releases certainly speaks to that strategy of slowly building up. Already basics look stunning, so who knows what they have reserved!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jator said:

Tyrion doesn't need to have a miniature the same way Sigmar or Gorkamorka doesn't have one. He has god stuff to do.

This has always bothered me about the intersection of models and the lore. When I read the Sylvaneth lore I'm never in awe of Alarielle the way I'm supposed to be. In the back of my head I'm thinking: how can she be the great defender of nature when 20 KO thunderers could just fly over and blast her to pieces like they do in games? Meanwhile GorkaMorka keeps his mystique because I hear about his adventures on an incredible, worldbending scale. I'm not thinking about how he'd lose a fight to just 1 of the thousands of ghoul kings that ride zombie dragons and happen to be wandering around the mortal realms. 

• Like 4

WARNING 

Balewind Votex has gone off sale in the USA. This isn't a "restock" warning its a full "no longer sold". Other territories might well also go off sale as well. So if you want a Vortex Endless Spell now might be a time to pick one up.

Note there's no confirmation on this info nor what it means for the future of the spell. Of course nothing stops you converting your own Vortex and it might be that GW will rework the model or simply re-release it at a future date - its impossible to say (and typically GW rarely gives out any info on what's going on with models) 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Barbossal said:

A few days before LVO we had a rumour about Sons of Behemat being included in a dual starter with Seraphon. Is that still a thing? Or was that people connecting dots that weren't there? If it still exists, I have heightened hopes for new Lizard sculpts.

That was just speculation, not rumours. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Overread said:

WARNING 

Balewind Votex has gone off sale in the USA. This isn't a "restock" warning its a full "no longer sold". Other territories might well also go off sale as well. So if you want a Vortex Endless Spell now might be a time to pick one up.

Note there's no confirmation on this info nor what it means for the future of the spell. Of course nothing stops you converting your own Vortex and it might be that GW will rework the model or simply re-release it at a future date - its impossible to say (and typically GW rarely gives out any info on what's going on with models) 

This is huge... Thanks for the info.

27 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Ah, really not a good time 

Don’t worry,

only the true followers of the mighty chaos deity known as the great Horned Rat!,

will be blessed by filth.

yes-Yes

so start following the horned rat and luck might be on your side in this years battles.😜

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 1

I have to reload each page twice here now on my phone. First time I just get an ad, then reload to get the actual page of the thread. 

Anyway, wasnt there something about Grungni going into a depressed funk after everything that happened, and recently there was a blurb about him being reinvigorated and setting off to help his children? Or am I massively confusing things.

Also I wouldn't read too much into the year of the rat thing. It's likely just memery or marketing tactics and not an indication of something.

Edited by skeen77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, skeen77 said:

I have to reload each page twice here now on my phone. First time I just get an ad, then reload to get the actual page of the thread. 

Anyway, wasnt there something about Grungni going into a depressed funk after everything that happened, and recently there was a blurb about him being reinvigorated and setting off to help his children? Or am I massively confusing things.

That's true

• Thanks 1