LVO 2022 Predictions

Kronos

Hoping for lots (at least 3 battletomes)

I expect we will see almost nothing (it can only go up from there). I think if we see IDK tome but not Fyreslayers they will be souped / Bonesplitered. (in that they exist but only because GW are scared of the PR of an outright squating).

My personal opinion is that I would rather see those factions put into legends rather than hang around without purpose for the ol' reason the squatting factions is bad PR. Id rather they spend that time on things they are excited about for.

FWIW I want to like Fyreslayers, I really think they have great potential, if nothing else to be a mirror to the matriarchal DoK.  have a couple of paint schemes Id like to tryu with them.

There's no way they are bonesplitterizing fyreslayers when they just came out with a new model for the faction IMO, that's just not how GW works. 

Now I mean maybe the new rules will be bad, that's always a possibility. But if they were doing a bonesplitterz to them they wouldn't be releasing a new model. 

• Like 2

I reckon it will just be Fyreslayers and Idoneth. Probably just book covers, though you never know. There could be vague hints at upcoming Nighthaunt and Do K tomes, since they already foreshadowed them at new year, but I wouldn't expect more than seeing a clear picture of the ghost or Sister of slaughter minis they already showed in blurry form in the trailer. 

that or it will be something completely different which we never could have predicted. With so little idea what's coming for Aos anything is possible...

• Like 1

We will almost certainly see the Deepkin tome announced.

I hope we get a combined Dwarf book, but I think a new Fyreslayers book is actually more realistic. EDIT: Going to put my money down and predict combined dwarves.

Apart from that, there is a chance of the Nighthaunt book and model being revealed.

With all that said, I think we all know what we should really expect: Idoneth endless spells 😎

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 2

Completely non-biase prediction based on nothing:

2nd Kharadron Overlords wave with awesome new kits.

Our first dedicated melee "on-foot" troop (copperheads), a new unit of dwarfs with minning-exoskeletons with melee-drills and all this kind of stuff as "monstruous troops" (conpletely customizable with a lot of new arms and weapons, shields and portable anvils like on-foot endrinmaster), a kit to upgrade one of our skyvessels to Heroes (with one option for a named Skyvessel), new hero (logisticator) as a CP/aether-gold battery, a unit of cogmunculus as chaff (with lot of options to make them a bit more dedicated to capture objectives, take a hit or support other units) and our terrain feature (zonbek).

Of course with a new rehashed book with a lot diferent ways to play and unique customizations!!

But we still need our 140$ god-like character, so.... give us Grombrindal (we don't need Grungni...) on a Big Skyvessel (with the option to go on foot like Magmadroth riders). That could be fine.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 9

8 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Completely non-biase prediction based on nothing:

2nd Kharadron Overlords wave with awesome new kits.

Our first dedicated melee "on-foot" troop (copperheads), a new unit of dwarfs with minning-exoskeletons with melee-drills and all this kind of stuff as "monstruous troops" (conpletely customizable with a lot of new arms and weapons, shields and portable anvils like on-foot endrinmaster), a kit to upgrade one of our skyvessels to Heroes (with one option to be a named Skyvessel), new hero (logisticator) as a CP/aether-gold battery, a unit of cogmunculus as chaff (with lot of options to make them a bit more dedicated to capture objectives, take a hit or support other units) and our terrain feature (zonbek).

Of course with a new rehashed book with a lot of new type of gameplay and customizations!!

Still, we need our 140$ kit god-like character, so.... give us Grombrindal (we don't need Grungni...) on a Big Skyvessel (with the option to go on foot like Magmadroth riders). That could be fine.

😍  😍    😍😍    😍  😍  😍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

IDK and FS are pretty sure atm

Probably NH

There is also a pretty much reiable rumor that says that WE wont be in the csm codex, so most likely there will be a world eater codex, maybe with angron and mark my words i will scream and engrave a khorne mark in my forehead if this really happens. its just the best primarch

So my heart really hopes for Bok, if this is Eldar Khorne year my wallet will be obliterated

Fyreslayer and Deepkin battletome

BUT also teases to their future new units too that’ll release alongside the tomes.

I’m putting a lot of faith into the leaker that predicted Fury of the Deep when no one else did and he said afterwards he saw a playtester with 3 new Deepkin units & 2 Fyreslayer ones. “I hope you guys like short stack crab cakes” -his tease on them.

So let the Ur-hopium flow with Magma Queens and Battle Crabs! :D 

the end teaser will be NightHaunt too for their glorious new tome(wishing for cool new sub-factions now that the ghosts have settled down with the Necroquake over) and Soul Wars independent rereleases.

Edit: oh for wild card I’d say Sylvaneth teaser for insect cavalry based off the clean bug leg rumor engine.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Best case scenario (optimistic but also kinda realistic-not-asking-too-much-please ?) : 

- Battletomes roadmap : Fyreslayer, Idoneth Deepkin, Nighthaunt + 1 new model (the rumor engine / New year video "Boat" ? or a Monster type ?). 

- Video teaser : Sylvaneth vs Skaven Eshin boxed set 

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

Almost certainly it will be idk, Fyreslayers and perhaps Nighthaunt. The dream would be Malerion's faction and a new Broken Realms style campaign book. 

We are a bit early in the edition for something like BR I guess... But a stand alone expansion like Wrath of the Everchosen / Forbidden power could be very nice, alongside the aforementioned Battletome roadmap ;) 

20 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Hoping to see a cool Cursed City expansion, a faction beyond FS and Deepkin getting an update [probably Nighthaunt].

Would love to see new dwarfs/KO. 

Wild card - hints of Squats coming later in the year ...😇

As much as I would love to see CC expansions, Warcry or Underworld, Warhammer Quest isn't on the Preview list, only AOS for the "fantasy" side of things, so... 😛 

36 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Fyreslayer and Deepkin battletome

BUT also teases to their future new units too that’ll release alongside the tomes.

I’m putting a lot of faith into the leaker that predicted Fury of the Deep when no one else did and he said afterwards he saw a playtester with 3 new Deepkin units & 2 Fyreslayer ones. “I hope you guys like short stack crab cakes” -his tease on them.

So let the Ur-hopium flow with Magma Queens and Battle Crabs! :D 

the end teaser will be NightHaunt too for their glorious new tome(wishing for cool new sub-factions now that the ghosts have settled down with the Necroquake over) and Soul Wars independent rereleases.

Edit: oh for wild card I’d say Sylvaneth teaser for insect cavalry based off the clean bug leg rumor engine.

How often did he mention the skaven?