AoS 3 New Rules Discussion

Just read in Cities subforum about an amazing idea, that you can do now - Priest with Curse + Sisters of the watch, MW on 6 to hit and to wound, both in addition to normal damage. Would be quite unreliable and hard to pull off without double turn (Curse range and answer value are quite limiting), but damn, 10 Sisters could do ~6 mortal wounds with this. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I think that this conversation will not improve. Just talk to your TO and see what he thinks, and play according to that.

Btw, I'm with you that the wording seems a bit unclear.

I'm sorry it wasn't my intention to come across as confrontational, just to point out the issue with the way the rules are written.

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's more like RAW vs RAW. There are two rules that conflict (every wizard gets a spell vs. named characters don't take enhancements) and it's not clear which one takes precedence.

It also seems like the sort of change that should have come up in a preview by now if it were an intended thing.

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

I'm sorry it wasn't my intention to come across as confrontational, just to point out the issue with the way the rules are written.

No need to apologise!

We had a really nice conversation, but I think that we reach the point that we started talking like lawyers, and that's something that I don't want to deal with 🤣 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Then they should rewrite it to not be so broken instead of just squat'ing it and throwing the model people have paid for out with the bathwater.

It still functions as a small terrain piece since that's what it was originally sold as 😋 

Why is everyone ignoring the fact battletome overrides core rules in regards to named characters and spells?

“You can choose or roll for one of the following spells for each WIZARD in a <insert faction here> army” overrides “Enhancements cannot be given to Unique units or Allied units, unless noted otherwise”

• Like 1

Seems if vince vinturella review is rigth that fyreslayers got other huge nerf more.

Now every priest get chant only one prayer max even if know 3(fyreslayers could chant 2 prayers and ino invocation)

Every priest get 1 mw with 1(before we didnt get nothing bad)

Prayers cant be tried chant more than one time(i think the same than before)

So now fyreslayers priest cost 140 but get every same downside than 80 points priest as doks or seraphons.

If this is true it is again another big slap to fyreslayers and doing them even more umplayables.....

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, peasant said:

I have one myself not Happy with It disappearing. 

It's sad for a lot of people who bought it when it was available .. but maybe it was predictible for the people who saw it was going to disapear and still bought it. I find it will make a nice scenery 

It's sad, but unsurprising. After GW killed off most of my units a few years back I'm kind of used to expecting the worst, so watching the vortex go the way of the Dodo is business as usual. When it comes down to it, the only unit that you can guarantee will still be around is elves of some variety, armed with bows. There are currently 4 bow armed elf units in the game. If you want to future proof your purchases, buy/convert elves with bows.

Or Stormcast with crossbows, which for some unexplainable reason require 4 variations of the same thing in the same faction.

Edited by SentinelGuy

There are a few rules that still confuse me. You can only get +1 or -1 to hit and wound. If I give a unit +1 to hit twice, basicaly +2 to hit, the enemy has noe debuffs to my hits i will get +1 to hit on those attacks. If however the enemy has -1 to hit and i have +2 to hit does that mean that i still get +1 to hit because math or does it mean that i get 0 to hit bonuses because it caps at +/- 1?