Hypothetic rules and mini for Sigmar the God King

Jeremierty

Hi everyone as I saw this image of Sigmar I just thought that it was incredibly detailed and that it wouldn't be very hard to make a real miniature out of this. Since Nagash and archaon are playable, do you think that one day Sigmar will be too ? What do you imagine his rules would be ? 

Personally I imagine either a miniature the size of a bloodthirster or naggash  jumping ahead agressively with both his hands lifting a gigantic hammer (something like the Kratos image) costing around 900 points and being even killier than gotrek while being a even better support piece than katakros for stormcast.

OR

If gw doesn't feel like doing an actual Sigmar mini they might do an avatar of kaine type mini : an avatar of Sigmar which would be around 500-600 points and be a buffed up celestant prime maybe with more of a buff giver vibe (like katakros).

What do you think ? :) Do you picture something else ?

maxresdefault.jpg

png-transparent-god-of-war-kratos-god-of-war-iii-god-of-war-chains-of-olympus-god-of-war-ghost-of-sparta-kratos-file-video-game-ready-at-dawn-playstation-3.png

Edited by Jeremierty
  • Like 1

I think the celestant prime is supposed to be his avatar. But the rules are hopelessly outdated for what his lore is. 
the best of the best souls a god could find throughout time, trained for centuries, armed with a weapon that elevated a common man to godhood*.

Yet he is outmatches on all accounts except the ability to fly by a grumbling dwarf that stumbled into a new game and an empty but very shiny suit of armour 

*not to mention a weapon so powerful a toy soldiers game in our universe is named after it’s type. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Sad 1

I agree with Kramer in regards to the CPrime.

I think it might be a cool element to add to the Devoted if they expand them in the future. An Avatar of Sigmar being a callback to his original form. A Barbarian Warrior possessed in a way similar to Karl Franz during the ET before a crucial battle.

• Like 5

I can see them unlocking a stormcast Seige chamber with giant armored stormcast- think dreadnaut stormcast. I suspect they'll go down that road. Kinda like what is proposed here. 

More generally I'd just love a warsroll rewrite for the prime. He's fine as pointed now for some contexts but just lets down on the relationship between his fluff and his rules. I want him to cost another hundred or 200 pts and rules to match.

• Like 3

In terms of pose there’s a few pics of Sigmar in that kind of leaping pose, and I imagine were they do make a model of him and it not be a more static diorama type then that’s how they’d do him.

specifically like in the 2nd pic here of him battling Ymnog, with the kind of geometric, golden halo. As at the end of the day he’d just be like a big Stormcast so something like that would make his model both much larger and more visually unique and impressive.

tbh I kinda hope we don’t get a model for him, at least not for a while. There’s this paradox with AoS where it’s supposed to be a smaller model count game than WHFB but we’ve also got more powerful, in lore, models to put down.

Much as Nagash, Alarielle, Archaon etc are all great models if you care about narrative it does require some post-hoc, “oh it’s an avatar” etc, logic to explain why they keep getting involved in scraps barely larger than many pub fights, and can get jobbed by a load of Grotz with sticks.

You either end up with a model that by rights should be able to one-shot most whole armies or it’s just underwhelming 

FF3ED7B7-B290-4DAB-8448-A964E826569F.jpeg

3B27B524-C96B-4DCC-9D09-A617553F7001.jpeg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Frowny said:

I can see them unlocking a stormcast Seige chamber with giant armored stormcast- think dreadnaut stormcast. I suspect they'll go down that road. Kinda like what is proposed here. 

More generally I'd just love a warsroll rewrite for the prime. He's fine as pointed now for some contexts but just lets down on the relationship between his fluff and his rules. I want him to cost another hundred or 200 pts and rules to match.

A Stormcast dreadnought would be incredible ! This would allow to diversify the look of the army on the table instead of having mostly infantry !

8 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

A Stormcast dreadnought would be incredible ! This would allow to diversify the look of the army on the table instead of having mostly infantry !

We should then probably just give the faction bolters and chainsaws and then call it a day. They are already very similar to Space Marines, would hate to have them getting even more so. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Much as Nagash, Alarielle, Archaon etc are all great models if you care about narrative it does require some post-hoc, “oh it’s an avatar” etc, logic to explain why they keep getting involved in scraps barely larger than many pub fights,

You Just Know that Nagash is that guy who will hold a grudge for an accidentally spilled beer till he runs into the person weeks later. In every barfight I've ever been in/seen there was a Nagash 😂

I don't think fielding gods is a good idea at all. But here's a shot:

30w (non degrading),

1+ save,

10"move,

10 bravery.

Attacks: 10 at 48"/1+/1+/-9/40

Sigmar can target a different unit with each attack.

Sigmar scores objectives within 12', including other tables, and counts as 50.

Player fielding Sigmar now owns every Stormcast model within 6' of Sigmar, including models still in the box.

All damage including Mortal wounds are saved with the armour save.

• Haha 2

You’d need to include some kind of rule to represent what a massive ****** idiot he is too.

like he has to always be moving towards/attacking the largest enemy on the table, once per game he has to throw away his main weapon, & instead of bravery & a battleshock test, you build up ‘sulking’ points and if you get too many he just takes his ball home and leaves his mates to get endlessly railed by tentacular hellspawn.

• Haha 8

15 minutes ago, JPjr said:

You’d need to include some kind of rule to represent what a massive ****** idiot he is too.

like he has to always be moving towards/attacking the largest enemy on the table, once per game he has to throw away his main weapon, & instead of bravery & a battleshock test, you build up ‘sulking’ points and if you get too many he just takes his ball home and leaves his mates to get endlessly railed by tentacular hellspawn.

I love it ! Would be amazing if he could throw gal Maraz on a 2+ but on a 1 he loses it :)

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I don't think fielding gods is a good idea at all. But here's a shot:

30w (non degrading),

1+ save,

10"move,

10 bravery.

Attacks: 10 at 48"/1+/1+/-9/40

Sigmar can target a different unit with each attack.

Sigmar scores objectives within 12', including other tables, and counts as 50.

Player fielding Sigmar now owns every Stormcast model within 6' of Sigmar, including models still in the box.

All damage including Mortal wounds are saved with the armour save.

Looking at other SCE units...:

3+ saves and can reroll failed saves (like a true SCE unit, still rooted in early AoS 2.0)
17 wounds. Take that Stardrake!!!
Move 12" but  loses 2" if he suffers 4 wounds.

With his Hammer (non-Ghal'Mharaz):  3 attacks at 4+/4+/-1rend/1, and every 6 could do 1 mortal wound (but the attack sequence ends). 
With his sword: 4 attacks at 3+  4+/3+/-1rend/1D3 dmg. A true SCE beater!!!! 

Of course, he only counts as 1 model to capture objectives and has a Family-Pizza base size. But he can be teleported around on a  4+ with 1 dice (only in the movement phase, of course).

Command Ability: +1save to all Hammers of Sigmar, everybody knows they are the only sub-faction that can have unique characters.

He is a Wizzard and can cast and unbind 2 spells 3 spells!!! And he knows "World Destroyer" that do 1D3 mw on a 7+ at 31" range. Who laughts now Teclis???
Of course, he has a lantern, to reroll all failed rolls of wound for SCE units. That will make him playable in Anvils of Heldenhammer!!!!

All of this for only 600 points!!!

Edited by Beliman
  • Haha 3

Special Ability - All my Toys

Upon losing more than 50% of his army (excluding his own points), Sigmar can activate this ability. Remove all friendly models from the table and leave the game club. Return to the table (in whatever state it is in) in one week's time with triple the points of what was removed and resume the game with your deployment. 

*I'm sorry I couldn't help myself*

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

While I'm sure Sigmar would be no pushover, would he actually be that tough? From my understanding he's put a fair amount of his power into the Stormcast, so that his days of jumping at GodBeasts are over and he now just wanders around Azyrheim grumbling about the arrow in his knee.

@Kamose , sorry, but we all know that Brian Blessed is the aforementioned Dwarf, so unless you're suggesting that Sigmar and Gotrek have fused into Sigtrek then we need to find another magnificent beard.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kramer said:

I think the celestant prime is supposed to be his avatar. But the rules are hopelessly outdated for what his lore is. 
the best of the best souls a god could find throughout time, trained for centuries, armed with a weapon that elevated a common man to godhood*.

Yet he is outmatches on all accounts except the ability to fly by a grumbling dwarf that stumbled into a new game and an empty but very shiny suit of armour 

*not to mention a weapon so powerful a toy soldiers game in our universe is named after it’s type. 

I fought Stormcast with my Sons of Behemat the other day. Thought it was ironic that The Celestant-Prime charged 3 Mancrushers and killed 1, then got slapped and killed by the other in 2 in return. So much for the Prime killing their father. 😄

1 hour ago, Kasper said:

I fought Stormcast with my Sons of Behemat the other day. Thought it was ironic that The Celestant-Prime charged 3 Mancrushers and killed 1, then got slapped and killed by the other in 2 in return. So much for the Prime killing their father. 😄

Haha oh no😅

but that’s is a good comparison. I would like to see him be able to beat up a mega gargant over two turns. Maybe not if the mega gargant gets the charge. 
but he should be able to hit a 4+ save enemy do 15 to 20 (mortal) wounds. survive a hit back. And do the remaining wounds the next turn. 

16 hours ago, JPjr said:

In terms of pose there’s a few pics of Sigmar in that kind of leaping pose, and I imagine were they do make a model of him and it not be a more static diorama type then that’s how they’d do him.

specifically like in the 2nd pic here of him battling Ymnog, with the kind of geometric, golden halo. As at the end of the day he’d just be like a big Stormcast so something like that would make his model both much larger and more visually unique and impressive.

tbh I kinda hope we don’t get a model for him, at least not for a while. There’s this paradox with AoS where it’s supposed to be a smaller model count game than WHFB but we’ve also got more powerful, in lore, models to put down.

Much as Nagash, Alarielle, Archaon etc are all great models if you care about narrative it does require some post-hoc, “oh it’s an avatar” etc, logic to explain why they keep getting involved in scraps barely larger than many pub fights, and can get jobbed by a load of Grotz with sticks.

You either end up with a model that by rights should be able to one-shot most whole armies or it’s just underwhelming 

FF3ED7B7-B290-4DAB-8448-A964E826569F.jpeg

3B27B524-C96B-4DCC-9D09-A617553F7001.jpeg

Oh is that Ymnog?  I thought that was Behemat in the snowy mountain picture.

He'd need to be so overthetop powerful and expensive he just shouldn't be in the game.  But if he was in the game he'd need a 2+ rerollable with a 2++, ignore spells on a 2+ and if successful they bounce back on the caster instead, run and charge, fly/deepstrike/teleport, hits on a 6 cause 2 hits, wounds on a 6=instant death, no battleshock for the army whilst he's on the table, etc.  Like Gotrek x 11.

Similar to da Emprah of 30k, I hope they do make a model of him but not rules.  

23 hours ago, JPjr said:

All the gods should be, yet they‘re Heroes which are a bit more powerful 🤷🏼‍♂️
If they‘d just call the god minis „Aspect of God XYZ“ it would not break the immersion as massively as it does now.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Enoby said:

Maybe I'm misremembering the lore, but didn't Sigmar and Archaon fight (when Sigmar chucked his hammer)? Wouldn't that put him on about the same level as Archaon as I don't think it was a stomp in either direction? 

I think it was half Simar half Karl Franz still and not full blown Sigmar? Although he sure looks nothing like Karl Franz anymore so I guess Dracothian gave him a new body when he found him and the went on their brodown round the realms.