Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kronos

The Tithe - Speculation.

I think Gw's modern painjobs aim to achieve a simple but clean and nice look to models- the kind that break down well in tutorials to get people painting. I think its better than, say, Infinities approach where the paintwork is really outstanding, but also very hard to emulate for the average gamer or beginner.

And yeah it seems that its a twist on the idea of taking damage. Most units get worse as they take damage* whilst this one gets better as it takes more and more damage. That's going to be a twist on how you approach it - do you ignore it and leave it quite safe or do you charge all in to take it out fast. Also can the playing player unlock that power later in the game even if it hasn't taken damage. I can see each "round" one more joining the fight regardless of its taken damage or not. 

*There's an amusing situation where there's the Hirodule for the tyranids which has a ranged and close combat version of the same model type. However as they take damage their stats in tehir primary area lowers. So the ranged one actually winds up better in close combat than the close combat one if they've taken the same amount of damage. An important consideration since few units will make it into combat without having taken some hits. 

On 8/29/2019 at 7:55 PM, KriticalKhan said:

"I don't believe this forum allows such blatant support of straight up theft.

blatant support of straight up theft.

straight up theft.

theft."

tumblr_ouwucdY6We1wt2t5vo2_1280.jpg

Half the people at their FLGS would probably be in handcuffs then 😂.  It would cost 450 USD just to run one unit of 30 Acolytes... If it weren't for kitbashing, customizing, proxying and reproducing your own models for personal use, how many people do you think could afford things like that with their new pricing?

Edited by Zanzou

+++ Mod Hat On +++

I’m locking this thread as this is the third time it’s gone off topic since the mods have asked you to keep on topic.