The Tithe - Speculation.

Kronos

Leading on from the rumour video posted on from the Open Day Blog.

Who is that voice? So from mentions taken from the rumour thread here are our contenders so far, please post a who you think that voice maybe? Please post a pic along with your mention so I can add to the list. So far we have this beautiful piece of art, which leads us none the wiser other than the Lady Olynder and the Celestant Prime are involved?

749F92D2-B21F-49C0-8217-0029743243B5.jpeg.6100c2407404dbdd0ea1592c85e3f7c1.jpeg

Krell, Lord of Undeath

0CA223BA-A47E-4061-91BB-C240B552BA3E.jpeg.de2580abedb64e62d61549573bab1e49.jpeg

Pretty strong contender albeit once being a Soldier of Chaos, but at this point, everyone’s played for another faction somewhere in the Timeline thanks to End Times.

Settra the Imperishable

8D4E5F89-8A1A-4912-BF36-753131FF4EE1.png.b3d7e55c1e711da2ebb8b80461460069.png

Fan Favourite to make a return to the game, one of the most fitting to be a none deity to maybe contend with Sigmar?

Vlad von Carstein

4D986AE2-29E4-4406-B9EF-0EBB5C89D0AE.jpeg.6b960c2c4ebcfe4754ec7211aadbbae4.jpeg

Another fan favourite to return, and could be in a new guise, would explain his mixed accent seeing as he travelled many, many lands before settling in Old Sylvania.

Constant Drachenfels

9F7746C3-2D9A-43A0-95F3-8C229341A015.png.3a52c5f577f33f8693ed1e79f289a646.png

My top Character to fill the role of undead deity, back when he was said to be the most powerful sorcerer in Warhammer, might be wrong here.

Dieter Helsnicht

FC863EAF-A422-46CC-9229-7F8BD1360F29.png.4696109f4ca03a754526b4e6d1403bd5.png

Powerful Necromancer which became guardian of the Nehkaran Underworld during the End Times.

Some other Unspeakable Evil

8E792D0A-52B4-446B-A45B-41E674A434CB.png.01e652f1cdbb90bd5110b2c0b1395e86.png

Some other Evil we don’t yet know of...

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Rumours! - Thanks to @Charleston I would almost bet on a serious one like this for example

And breakdown from @sorokyl 

works for me, it's from /tg/, so take with a big grain of salt, but it is not too outlandish:

Gutbusters+BCR 1 faction
all resin dropped
new Butcher + Tyrant models
Butcher with cauldron gone. 
Cauldron is now terrain piece. 
Endless spells are big mouth in ground,  everwinter thing, floating piece of meat
release late october w/ new death

New skeletons, some  horse archers, some ogre skeletons 

Looks like Ogors gave their dead in exchange for peace. The truce/peace seems to be broken. Reccomended to take with salt but not OTT rumour.

************************************************************************************************************

The Tithe Video part II: The Judgement.

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I dunno, Forbidden Power was pretty hyped up but is basically an Endless Spell expansion.

Though it could also be a proper LoN 2.0 update? Theres a lot in that book that needs to get updated, like Battalions.

Also Settra turned out to be a SCE didn't he? I thought I saw a topic on that.

• Like 3

My take is a new character. Potentially, with the Mongolian chanting, it could be a particularly intelligent Ogre who became a necromancer, made his home in the Realm of Beasts because that's where most Ogres dwell anyway, thus the pact (that's now broken), and leads the 'Bone Construct' faction that was rumoured a while back. In a realm known for it's giant beasts, that's going to mean some large skeletons, no?

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • LOVE IT! 2

Lots of Skeletons backed up by constructs powered by souls captured in shadeglass (think eldar Wraith constructs who are powered by the souls of powerful eldar soldiers). 

Basically an old 40k trope, but reimagined in AoS, like the soul-raids of the deepkin are heavily inspired by the dark eldar. 

57 minutes ago, cadmachine said:

None of those characters are "Returning to the mortal realms" as far as I know?

Also they survived Sigmars hammer, Krell was dead before the ascent of Sigmar.

Same goes for Settra.

and Vlad is just a complete rando suggestion lol

We don't know what actually happens in age of myth, so all those old character can be candidate.  

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My take is a new character. Potentially, with the Mongolian chanting, it could be a particularly intelligent Ogre who became a necromancer, made his home in the Realm of Beasts because that's where most Ogres dwell anyway, thus the pact (that's now broken), and leads the 'Bone Construct' faction that was rumoured a while back. In a realm known for it's giant beasts, that's going to mean some large skeletons, no?

Could It be Azhag the slaughterer, mighty Ork warlord and a deathcaster as well (although it just might have been his crown.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Nagash has several old pals.

Im hoping this leads to a newly stylized Barrow Kings. 

For those that don’t know, Barrow Kings were a old WD article army that brought Krell and Kemmler back. The list featured skeletons, animated statues, constructs, ghosts, mummy troops and an awesome flying chariot.

The sitar music makes me hope they take more influence from south Asian countries such as India for this.

Very excited for this.

• Like 2

I would like it to be a fresh new direction for Death, much like Nighthaunt. The possibilities are endless and I would much prefer a new villain than a reimagining of an Old World character.

What I truly want is more dynamically posed skeleton warriors, better grave guard models and maybe a nice war machine. 

Edited by Vomikron
  • Like 1

Something or someone related to Shadespire and the Katophranes would be my guess.

I mean, we know that all the current Underworlds crews escaped Shadespire and went to Ghur, right?  Maybe something else really powerful escaped with them.  Perhaps this event is what stirs up the Mawtribes (Gutbusters) - who also presumably live in Ghur.

Perhaps that is what the Feast of Bones is about?

Edited by mikethefish
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mikethefish said:

Something or someone related to Shadespire and the Katophranes would be my guess.

I mean, we know that all the current Underworlds crews escaped Shadespire and went to Ghur, right? 

They escaped Shadespire, but the Katophranes' curse have followed them. There is something in the air.

Moreover, the guy from the tithe said, that he had returned to his homeland, meaning, that he comes from somewhere within the Mortal Realms, not the World That Was.

• Like 1

A lot of people here and in the rumour thread seem sure it is a Death faction. I'm not saying it's not... I just think the people above who have mentioned Ogors might be more along the right lines.
The reveal directly before the 'Tithe' video was the Ogor Tyrant reveal, the video for which mentions a 'Pact of Bones' and a 'Feast of Bones'. There's no reason the 'Tithe of Bones' isn't related to that, especially considering the accent in both videos - linking them thematically.
If that's the case, could the 'master' mentioned simply be the Great Maw or another Ogor deity? 

Regarding the homeland, it is the one who was locked up who has returned to their homeland, but their 'master' could have been from the World that Was. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AnnoyingEwok said:

Is this some kind of godbeast? Why was it being guarded by gargants?

Similar Gargants are used in the Soul Wars book and are described as guardians of the Anvil of the Apostheosis. They are used as an story element to show how highly guarded something is. In the case of the Anvil, it is pretty much described as "Come closer without permit an thoose will kill you". Here it shows how big the threat is as this entity is able to fight multiple of them.

I am quite curious on all this Teclis/Malerion Story. Like, really, GW is actually giving us a propper story arc to introduce new releases! It is no longer a "hej, look, here we have faction XY from out of nowwhere with some fluff that describes why they were not there a day ago!". Instead we slowly build up to something new as we see that Teclis has taken offense on Sigmars action.

By the way, is this story about the thing that was freed by Olynder? Or something else?