The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Greasygeek said:

I gotta say I think recent times on the AOS rumors front has lead to a lot of dissapointments but to be fair I also think that many of us (including myself) often create the hype supported by our own rumors and speculations but based on nothing but wishfull thoughts.

I don't hype myself or perhaps think that the next thing that's published must be aligned with my interests. However the hush - hush and not releasing any information doesn't give me any incentive to involve myself. To say it figuratively, I have no horse in this race and rather soon I might not care what race is GW trying to run. 

I understand that big muscly guys vs. spiky muscly guys are their main product, if that means all others are going to be put aside and resources direct in their main product, then from my point of view I have little to say on that matter.

Edited by Tiger

The female model is cool, though we do see massively long fingers on the axe hand and I miss why she cant hsve a very dynamic cape, like the Warden or most of the Stormcast. 7/10

The Darkoath dont fit the Chaos line all to perfectly but I like it. As mentioned this is the look they should have.

Expected 6 Shadespire Skaven, got 5, look great and another two rumour engine shots are clear?

2 minutes ago, Ragnar72 said:

Maybe it is not only a new logo, but the hint to a complete new AoS edition 2.0. And this is the reason, why everything is hold back and refurbished for the new edition.

Yes, this is quite likely. I think GH2018 might have a different name too. Well see, rules can only improve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ragnar72 said:

Maybe it is not only a new logo, but the hint to a complete new AoS edition 2.0. And this is the reason, why everything is hold back and refurbished for the new edition.

Maybe they could have said something more than showing us this uninspiring 15 seconds video, which can mean nothing and anything actually. 

Grim darkness, well this hugely hyped announcement was the first step of getting back to grim darkness, disappointing grim darkness, where you promise us something outstanding but instead you give us:

- 1 model.

Since KO we got two new models (Horti, SCE Lady), were showed 1 Death model, 1 Chaos model. Grim darkness of no new model releases is upon us for like last 6 months?
We already have it, new logo is not necessary to remind us about it ;)

On more positive note, models were awesome all 4 (liked them more or less), I am aware that 40K needs the boost right now (remember times of 6th edition of playing without proper Army Book in WFB), so this is awesome books are released at such rate so that more and more players are somehow satisfied with next releases.

Event is ongoing, hope people which attended the seminars will give us some more info, if not, personally will avoid any BIG, HUGE, HIGHLY ANTICIPATED, SO OUTSTANDING , ANNOUNCEMENTS from GW, just to avoid disappointment and stick with "next week's pre-orders are"

Where are you:
- goblin pirates

- Nurgle

- aelves

I can understand feelings of disappointed given the announcements we got from Adepticon earlier this year. That was exceptional though. I am used to the old Games Workshop that wouldn't announce anything until the last minute so not feeling disappointed which is good.

Am thrilled by all of the Shadespire war bands - small but brilliantly characterful  collections that would make fantastic painting projects that I could complete in a few weeks rather than years. The rats look amazing.

P.S. Love the Darkoath Queen too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chord said:

Just that what AoS does not need is a return to the grim dark of WHFB.

Why? It's an ongoing story, and will be somewhat cyclical.

There will be periods of light, periods of darkness and everything inbetween.

Edited by Kyriakin

11 minutes ago, chord said:

Just that what AoS does not need is a return to the grim dark of WHFB.

Grim dark is probably the thing that first drew me into warhammer. If GW ever goes Blizzard cartoon style I will run away from them as if the devil himself chased me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Grim dark is probably the thing that first drew me into warhammer. If GW ever goes Blizzard cartoon style I will run away from them as if the devil himself chased me. 

AoS not being grim dark attracted me so I'd leave if it went back that way  I guess GW is damned if they do and damned if they don't

I prefer the current AoS tone as is. Hopefully they can play a little both ways from time to time and not wind up grim dark again or as a Warcraft cartoon.

It's pretty interesting as the setting is actually darker than old wfb, chaos is dominant here, but the focus on order counter punching gives color and hope. 

I like AoS quite a bit.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

I prefer the current AoS tone as is. Hopefully they can play a little both ways from time to time and not wind up grim dark again or as a Warcraft cartoon.

It's pretty interesting as the setting is actually darker than old wfb, chaos is dominant here, but the focus on order counter punching gives color and hope. 

I like AoS quite a bit.

It's a really good point, Mr. White.

The setting, yet still young, is open to different influences and tones. Amidst a sea of Chaos, the good guys were winning, in season 1. Now, a new player enter the field, things will get darker in season 2. And we don't know what brings season 3 (Slaanesh, I hope) !

One thing, even if story wise the tone is perfect for me, I sometimes think some of the publications (mainly some parts of the Realmgate Wars books) were to "Warcraft Cartoon" esthetically-speaking (the design, sometimes the paint & artworks), as you said.

I think Malign Portents will lead us to a middle ground - the new logo, design wise (check the background), gives me this impression at least.

16 hours ago, Pariah-Miniatures said:

GW not long ago said they would be introducing more women and in better roles to their games. And yet she wears a metal bikini, #equality LOL

I hear you, sister.

They should ditch that sexist breastplate and honor our heroines with a breast-feeding sigmarette sculpt.

Edited by Spiny Norman

Well she's wearing a hell of a lot more than the bloke she's bossing around.

i think the beauty of AoS is that there are enough realms and planes and  worlds to make whatever style you want co-exist, steampunk dwarfs, grim dark grit, flamboyant gilded chaos, large pantaloon Germanic gothic, it's all possible and it's all there.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1

I really like the Darkoath Warqueen. Imo a must buy. Still a bit disappointed as I expect lots of news or atleast more new models shown. The Skaven Warband is fantastic!

Just to be certain. Is it 4 new heroes. Thus one for each alliance or is it 4 per alliance so that there will be 16 in total?

32 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Just to be certain. Is it 4 new heroes. Thus one for each alliance or is it 4 per alliance so that there will be 16 in total?

It's one new hero per Grand Alliance, so 4 in total.

I think each new hero will be a Unique characters (i.e. named special character, like the first one we saw : the Knight Of Shrouds, Herald of Nagash - for the Death Grand Alliance) - So the Darkoath Warqueen is not a Unique character (she seems to, at least ; she has no "personal name"). 

It doesn't mean that the Darkoath Warqueen isn't related to the Malign Portents event - I think this event means : new rules, news factions, and the 4 Unique characters (after all, it wouldn't be a BIG EVENT if it was just 4 news characters and a new logo lol).

NB : my views are educated guesses based on Warhammer Community posts and record from Warhammer TV interviews posted on Lady Atia's blog War Of Sigmar...

• Like 1

Having played some Warhammer roleplaying back in the day  as well as wargaming, I always felt that the grim dark nature came from the insidious and secretive nature of chaos against the Empire.  As a human society, I think it was easier to relate to the menace and darkness  just below the surface.  In AOS, Chaos is out in the open and a visible menace, no longer hidden, and, although humans are around, they are no longer the focus of and central  to the narrative - this role being filled by the Stormcast, who are more removed from humanity and thus less easy to relate to.  Unless things change quite substantially, I cannot see us returning to the Old World dark any time soon.  I am looking forward to the new AOS role-playing system though.  

• Like 1