The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Feii said:

warhammer underworlds and WD articles are already Ulgu themed aren't they?  but might be just "a vanguard". 

Indeed. It just feels odd that they hyped up Era of the Beasts and Ghur and then almost immediately after the Kruelboyz release it feels like we are onto Ulgu in every article.

• Like 1

Because Ulgu is the last Realm that is truly unexplored. We have plenty of lore for all other Realms.

I just hope that when Malerion and his Shadow Aelves do arrive, they come as their battletome and fully new release in the same way Lumineth got their stuff. I hope DoK stay as their own faction.

But regarding era of the Beast, I thought a Kurnothi would be appropriate, the newest WD has a small text on their faith and possibility of Kurnoth being reborn. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Indeed. It just feels odd that they hyped up Era of the Beasts and Ghur and then almost immediately after the Kruelboyz release it feels like we are onto Ulgu in every article.

I know it’s still a bit early but don’t you guys expect AOS to turn focus to a new realm once a year?

Sure if that is the case then we should still have at least untill july before Ghur is swapped but the release of a Ghur focused GHB signaled to me that we wearen’t meant to stay in any realm for more than a year. 

Edited by Greasygeek
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

That’s how I’m interpreting it. One full year Realm rotation so we can get the full use out of the current realm rules before we move onto the next realm to keep hype up and flow with the ever growing narrative.

Personally I don’t expect Ulgu for years yet(possibly as a 4th edition Order vs Order situation since we already fought the other three. Some great imagery they could use with devil-looking Shadowkin vs new Thunderstrike angels, spikey winged aelves vs light-winged Paladins soaring above shadowy voids like a biblical event)

With the possible Fyreslayers hint and Morathi-Khaine expanding her empire my bets are on either Aqshy or Chamon next year. Realm of Fire if they want to go heavier into the narrative and maybe nerf top-tier monster armies a little by terrain and objectives that give them a hot foot or Realm of Metal for a new focus on flyers and siege engines with all it’s floating continents, sky-roads and aethergold cloud refineries that’d work great for the recent draconith and vulture releases.(could also tie-into NightHaunt and Sylvaneth rumors since NightHaunt have Broken Realms business there still((you shall be avenged, Sigmarite Brotherhood) and if Sylvaneth get new flying bug cavalry then that works with more sky battles)

Edited by Baron Klatz

If I remember correctly the SoB and Seraphon WD where still largely still focus on Ghur while only the recent CoS one had Ulgu 

I am assuming that they exploring both realm like they did last edition with Shyish and Hysh last edition but it still be mostly Ghur/beast focus for much of the edition.

I be surprise if we switch realm next GHB because I doubt half of the armies will get their new book to play with the current rule set by then.

Edit: also it probably won’t happen until Harrowdeep season two is over anyway

Edited by novakai
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, novakai said:

If I remember correctly the SoB and Seraphon WD where still largely still focus on Ghur while only the recent CoS one had Ulgu 

I am assuming that they exploring both realm like they did last edition with Shyish and Hysh last edition but it still be mostly Ghur/beast focus for much of the edition.

I be surprise if we switch realm next GHB because I doubt half of the armies will get their new book to play with the current rule set by then.

Edit: also it probably won’t happen until Harrowdeep season two is over anyway

I don't know, as soon as I saw it tied to the GHB I assumed it'd be switching every year. If they were going to keep it around for multiple years then why put it in the annual publication? Besides it makes total sense, it's a quick and simple way to switch up the meta and drive sales on different kits. Maybe next year we move over to the realm of metal and all the extra resources mean it's cheap and easy for armies to build up huge armies. Now battleline units are getting bonuses for battle tactics and there's a special spell to give +2 speed to battleline units and a command ability that gives +2 save to battleline units. People go out and buy a whole bunch of new battleline and maybe that slow squisy unit is looking like a much more viable purchase. 2023 and we're off to Ulgu where all the intrigue and shady dealings mean more and more commanders are popping up trying to make an empire, so we're buffing heroes. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

To be fair Underworlds were already Ghur/Era of the Beast themed for two years? Beastgrave and Direchasm... Not sure about Shadespire/Nightvaults location.

Yes they are Ulgu themed and that may be the next destination but maybe we have 1 more year of Ghur/Era of the beast.

• Like 2

Sorry for a bit of a late night ramble:

I think the Ulgu stuff will not actually shift the focus, as it seems like it will be major setting in 3.0 the same way that Hysh was a major setting for 2.0. In fact I would personally argue that the focus on Ulgu will primarily function as a continuation of the Hysh storyline. Through Ulgu we will explore more of Morathi's ascension, Tyrion's current campaign, Slaanesh's imprisonment and of course Malerion himself. This will of course find a way of tying into the major storyline which is the Dawnbringer crusades, Stormcast Eternals and Kragnos/Godraks assault on Azyr. This is a very simillar set up to 2.0 having a focus on Shyish but also opening up the exploration of Hysh. I just wish we had a greater sense of when we'd revisit Chamon as it is in the most interesting position post Broken Realms. I am also interested in hearing a little more about the Deathly invasion upon the Eightpoints but I feel like Nagash and the Mortarchs are still licking their wounds too much to press to hard on Archaon's forces. 

But above all else, I feel like we can pretty easily assume that Ulgu will be crawling with plenty of fantastic shadowy beasts.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Harioch said:

You'll laugh a lot less when theses RE end up being Squats 😄

This Christmas calendar is fun and all and I'm happy aswell for Craftworlders(maybe Ynnaris?) and this release is a long overdue. But if it's all Eldar rumor engine I'll be a "little" disapointed...especially for AoS.

It'll be frankly kind of dull for most people if it literally is 24 or whatever days of eldar gun/dangly-bits quarter pics

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Horizons said:

To be fair Underworlds were already Ghur/Era of the Beast themed for two years? Beastgrave and Direchasm... Not sure about Shadespire/Nightvaults location.

Yes they are Ulgu themed and that may be the next destination but maybe we have 1 more year of Ghur/Era of the beast.

Shadespire is actually the ruins of a once powerful city, located in the Desert of Bones in Shyish. 

So far they stuck to dark/creepy/overtly dangerous planes with Shyish, Ghur and now Ulgu. So I'd imagine that the plane after Ulgu could be Aqshy, though I think that Chamon, Ghyran or Hysh would be more interesting. 

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Shadespire is actually the ruins of a once powerful city, located in the Desert of Bones in Shyish. 

So far they stuck to dark/creepy/overtly dangerous planes with Shyish, Ghur and now Ulgu. So I'd imagine that the plane after Ulgu could be Aqshy, though I think that Chamon, Ghyran or Hysh would be more interesting. 

hysh seems to be the second safest plane for your normal guy even if you are in danger of being eaten by noble knights  or being brainwashed by knife ears. 

All other planes seem extremely dangerous if you ever set your feet outside cities imo. 

Just now, Ogregut said:

December 

Do we think the December FAQ / points update and the December AoS rules update are the same thing this year, or two separate things that will both come out this month?

I assumed they'd want to get it out early enough not to interfere with hype when they do the christmas/new years reveals

I was on the fence between soulblight and the Slanesh box but decided to get the soulblight one since it's basically that box and then call it the day (unless the points increase/decrease a lot).

Do anyone think the units in the dominion box or Lumineth sentinels will get point changes/nerfs?

Edited by Howdyhedberg

2 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Do anyone think the units in the dominion box or Lumineth sentinels will get point changes/nerfs?

In the Dominion box? Can't see them really change anything. We already got a point drop on the Kruleboyz half of the box, as for SCE none of the models in that box are problematic.

Lumineth Sentinels, would expect a change, either points or rules. Who knows.

I expect the December FAQ/Update to be similar to the 40k one. Nerfs to top armies and changes/buffs to weaker armies. Don't expect sweeping changes to every army. But that's just my guess.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

I was on the fence between soulblight and the Slanesh box but decided to get the soulblight one since it's basically that box and then call it the day (unless the points increase/decrease a lot).

I can't say anything about the stormcast half, but gutrippaz are definitely overcosted by 10-20 points.

• Like 2