The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

I mean for real? 
40 more points to a Unit wich sees nearly no More then 10 Models in every Game cause they are this ***** expansive….. that is not what helps to balance the Horrors….. thats just something you do if you dont want to See them anymore……

In friendly games I see 10/20 at max but I think that's because each unit of 10 requires 50 models to paint which is a pain.

I use 20 in my lofp force which seems to be a good number that doesn't seem unfun to chew through.

I have played against 30/10/10 before against someone preparing for a tournament and that was not fun and definitely couldn't be done at the new points without sacrificing characters! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

I mean for real? 
40 more points to a Unit wich sees nearly no More then 10 Models in every Game cause they are this ***** expansive….. that is not what helps to balance the Horrors….. thats just something you do if you dont want to See them anymore……

The real fix would have been to reduce base size to 5 and cut their pts in half. Would have helped non spam lists more and in those HD horror spam lists they would max be able to bring 2x15 blobs which are a lot more managable.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Kasper said:

The real fix would have been to reduce base size to 5 and cut their pts in half. Would have helped non spam lists more and in those HD horror spam lists they would max be able to bring 2x15 blobs which are a lot more managable.

That’s still 2 units of 90 models for 210 points each, supported by a swarm of 70 points for 30 models.

The real fix is to delete the flipping warscroll  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

That’s still 2 units of 90 models for 210 points each, supported by a swarm of 70 points for 30 models.

This

Pinks are impossible to balance by points

They are a dps check like giants

19 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Yes but they would only be able to bridge 15 Pinks instead of shoving 30 in your face turn 1. Thats a lot more managable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

I mean for real? 
thats just something you do if you dont want to See them anymore……

yes.jpg.37069be9912eb6e199c9c1d11fa4a341.jpg

5 hours ago, MothmanDraws said:

None they are happy with points, we are pointed so high because we are pointed  for 6th edition.

Tinfoil hat but LRL and Soulblight battleforces are around 800ish points and Slaanesh and OBR are around 1k. 

• Like 1

Seems fyreslayers but could also be something from sisters or salamanders.

This makes me more excited:

This week we’ve heard rumours of another engine, more marvellous and obscure than this, revealing a new picture every day ‘til Christmas. Not that this one’s bad, you understand. We’re just very excited about this other, newer one.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Seems fyreslayers but could also be something from sisters or salamanders.

I dont think its salamanders tbh. They arent one of the big chapters to get any non character exclusive mini and I dont really see them getting a new character rn. I would love a new Tu'shan but I dont think thats it. Frankly I have no clue what this is but I feel thats not Salamanders sadly

7 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

I mean for real? 

Horrors are 5.1 points per wound after that increase. Still some of the cheapest wounds per point, if not still the cheapest.

3 hours ago, Yondaime said:

This

Pinks are impossible to balance by points

They are a dps check like giants

The new pink warscroll is balanceable by points I think, its just a blob of efficient wounds it doesn't have any of the other jank it used to which amplified their durability by insane amounts. At the new cost they're around the same as  savage orruks in aos 2(60 wounds for 300 points, 5 points per wound with a better save). It might still be too much but if the game can handle stuff like savage orruk, and grot blobs work it can make this current warscroll work.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

ADVENT CALENDAR RUMOUR ENGINE CONFIRMED!!

I would like some more Spiderfang rumours, might add some Skaven or Beasts of Chaos in the mix for a box set. More about the new Nighthaunt monster would be awesome and some kind of confirmation about Kurnothi to change things up. Thanks in advance GW!

(could add a new phoenix lord for 40k, wont mind that one)

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I'd argue it's fyreslayers: Burning Keys and a torch... a Keymaster Hero for the upcoming Battlebox?

Definitely where my mind went. It looks like a combination of the Runemaster pyre and Doomseeker axe.

Also looks like Ur-Gold Runes melting in the pyre.

z9RcyBU.pnguLOTfG3.png

hmifbQkO94NJoLEu.jpg.eb53d0c31e63b8b58f6

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Even I have to admit, that looks like something to do with chaos dwarves. 

And advent rumour engine confirmed. 

hmifbQkO94NJoLEu.jpg

Long time no see, TGA :D 

I SWEAR I read a rumor* a few days ago (here ?) saying the next dual boxed set for AOS would be Idoneth vs Fyreslayxers (that much we already heard), with one new Hero each side : an Idoneth Lady with the two swords in the back like the recent RE, and a new Fyrelsayers Hero with some kind of magmapike.

... That would fit today's RE ...

P.-S. ; I'm sad we don't have more Chorf rumors, but at least the Warcry Red Harvest set indeed had new Chaos scenery made by those Hashut-worshipping duardin ;)

*EDIT : yep, a rumor passed on by @Indecisive on page 3113. It indeed seems plausible... 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 3