The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

What if the city we get in BR: Be'lakor has a rule where 1 in 4 units can be Seraphon... 👀

Seraphon don’t ‘inhabit’ the Cities as far as I’m aware, additionally they’re much more independent from the rest of Order so I don’t think it’d make sense from a lore perspective 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Seraphon don’t ‘inhabit’ the Cities as far as I’m aware, additionally they’re much more independent from the rest of Order so I don’t think it’d make sense from a lore perspective 

Well, we have examples of Seraphon embassies in cities of sigmar already in the lore.

There is this great quote from the AOS RPG about Anvilguard before its fall:

The fell effects of the Necroquake devastated Anvilgard. As it passed over the Charrwind Coast, the skeletons of countless primeval reptiles rose up throughout the (ironically named) Crucible of Life and attacked the city en masse. Anvilgard’s valiant troops were aided by warbeasts unleashed by the Order Serpentis, but the city still may have been overrun, if not for the appearance of an army of Seraphon. The Seraphon emerged from the jungle surrounding the city and shattered the undead before soon disappearing back whence they came.

Soon after the battle, a Skink Starpriest named Ze’Bul’Ka declared to the Grand Council that the Seraphon felt very much ‘at home’ in the Crucible of Life and would be staying. He promptly withdrew to a lustrous, green stone building sitting on the outskirts of Anvilgard, which no one could remember appearing, yet neither could any recall what had once stood on the spot. Representatives of the Seraphon are said to receive worthy petitioners at the ‘Jade Temple’, though few dare approach them. Undead reptiles are now just one more menace of the Charrwind Coast and the folk of the city do their best to ensure that the many meats they sell are truly dead before they are brought to market.

From this, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine a city with 1 in 4 Seraphon allies.

Edited by Athrawes
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The article: “The spirit of the wind is SO fast that it can even go out of the oposing edge of deployment and end in an adjacent board. If you can’t find it there, go out the building, maybe it has been ran over by a car”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Rumor question:

Heard some talk lately of Grugni, and some hints in recent lore about him doing something in Chamon. Anyone have the sources for that? I had laid my hope for old school dwarfs to rest when cities came out, but LrL and these rumors have me speculating again.

Anyone have any info on that? Or any good AoS novels/lore involving Grugni?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Rumor question:

Heard some talk lately of Grugni, and some hints in recent lore about him doing something in Chamon. Anyone have the sources for that? I had laid my hope for old school dwarfs to rest when cities came out, but LrL and these rumors have me speculating again.

Add in the stories of Grombrindal traveling around the mortal realms talking to every Duardin faction(and that he takes a different form and name when he does so), and something certainly seems to be going on with the Dawi.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Rumor question:

they did mention something was going on in Chamon in one of the BR articles when previewing Teclis but i believe it more related to the events with Tzeentch and BR: Be'lekor

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Rumor question:

The Fyreslayer's battletome. Here's the reference from Lexicanum.
"Rumours of Grungni’s return spread throughout the Mortal Realms. It is said that the Forge God has returned from his self-imposed exile and founded a new stronghold hidden beneath Chamon’s the mountains. Some whisper that, in solitude, Grungni is crafting something wondrous that will reunify the Dispossessed."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My guess is it will involve Gholemkind somehow. We've had them name dropped a few times; we know they were a big part of Grungi's empire, are typically associated with Chamon, they're referenced in the Kharadron tome and RPG, they're known entities in Free Cities and yet we have no idea exactly what they are beyond being tied to Grungi. I don't think GW would allow Cubicle 7 to just namedrop them in unless it was done for future-proofing either.

It also means they can keep a faction that's 'traditionally Dwarf' themed but with an AoS-spin, potentially include the Dispossessed line but also not risk redundancy with any new The Old World releases for the Dawi.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My guess is it will involve Gholemkind somehow. We've had them name dropped a few times; we know they were a big part of Grungi's empire, are typically associated with Chamon, they're referenced in the Kharadron tome and RPG, they're known entities in Free Cities and yet we have no idea exactly what they are beyond being tied to Grungi. I don't think GW would allow Cubicle 7 to just namedrop them in unless it was done for future-proofing either.

It also means they can keep a faction that's 'traditionally Dwarf' themed but with an AoS-spin, potentially include the Dispossessed line but also not risk redundancy with any new The Old World releases for the Dawi.

I cant put my finger on what the Ghloemkind will look like, are they flesh automatons, stone, or clockwork like the Dwemer Constructs from Elder Scrolls? Either way the Duardin are the Order Faction I have the most interest in and what they could be, literally the polar opposite to what I'm used to stature wise.

Heres hoping for a massed Disspossessed Faction and relaunch, I really want 3.0 to be Duardin fighting Destruction. 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I cant put my finger on what the Ghloemkind will look like, are they fresh automatons, stone, or clockwork like the Dwemer Constructs from Elder Scrolls? Either way the Duardin are the Order Faction I have the most interest in and what they could be, literally the polar opposite to what I'm used to stature wise.

Heres hoping for a massed Disspossessed Faction and relaunch, I really want 3.0 to be Duardin fighting Destruction. 

You know how I feel about the Dawi sir(if you remember my old picture before rededicating myself to Settra and LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!), and personally I'm tired of all these elves walking around acting like they own the realms...

Except the Idoneth, they're alright all things considered.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri

27 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I have said it before and I will say it again, but I hope that Dispossessed will have a split focus between traditional Duardin and new Ghloemkind models. Personally, I would like them to be distinguished between sub-factions dedicated to Grungi and Valaya. I think the Dispossessed side of the army being female worshipers of an ancestor goddess would be particularly cool and give the faction a more unique identity while still giving the current city duardin a disctinct visual identity as well. But overall, I am up for some Duardin love in any guise. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I cant put my finger on what the Ghloemkind will look like, are they fresh automatons, stone, or clockwork like the Dwemer Constructs from Elder Scrolls? Either way the Duardin are the Order Faction I have the most interest in and what they could be, literally the polar opposite to what I'm used to stature wise.

There's an interesting story in the Son's book on PG 74 about One-Eyed Grunnock helping skaven break into a storm vault. Inside of it however there is an army of Cog-Scarabs with knives for legs and a Cog Golem. One-Eye destroyed them however.

• Like 2