The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, BarfAtTheMoon said:

I'm sticking with my guns on the Be'Lakor reveal.  I think he's working with Malerion.   Other than the shadow tropes i've got nothing to base that on, but i'd just really like it.

I'll say again, they've factually said that Malerion has been working with shadow daemons in a community article.  Be'lakor hates the gods as much as he hates everyone else, so making alliances with hateful, deception driven aelves and then destroying them later would befit his scheming.

I've read enough hints to think Tzeentch is behind some of the wheels turning  in Broken Realms & to free Slaanesh, so we've all got something lol

7 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I've read enough hints to think Tzeentch is behind some of the wheels turning  in Broken Realms & to free Slaanesh, so we've all got something lol

All Aelf shenanigans will be forgiven if they release some mortal Tzeentch plastics... we only got our version of marauders so far. 💖 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

This quote from the article suggests the next book is not Alarielle: " We’re not going to give away too much right now, except to say that this is all tied in with the princely third book in the Broken Realms saga." This immediately suggests Slaanesh. Are there any other notable princes in the mortal realms?

• Like 2

So surely that means it will be broken realms Be'lakor next. The hint implies that the book will be about him. With both Gardus and the new nighthaunt hero being broken realms related it looks like we are going to have at least 4 books. 

That all makes me think we aren't going to see 3rd edition any time soon. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

This quote from the article suggests the next book is not Alarielle: " We’re not going to give away too much right now, except to say that this is all tied in with the princely third book in the Broken Realms saga." This immediately suggests Slaanesh. Are there any other notable princes in the mortal realms?

Tyrion was titled as prince in WHFB, so might be a reference to him if they're going to stick with the aelven gods theme of naming.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, El Syf said:

FFS Enough with pointy ears! How big is Lumineth range going to be?!?

Big enough to sell players nearly the same book once per year for at least four years. This trend of knowingly selling an unfinished/partial tome with the idea of expanding it within a year or so started with Hedonites, and now it's happening with these guys. 

For the first time in my GW buying history, I'm strongly considering not buying new Battletomes when they come out, preferring to wait for at least the first annualized replacement to hit. It just feels so, so very much like a deliberate gouge - a thing I've never said about GW in the past. I mean, they had to know these initial model ranges were only a small portion of what was to come in the not-distant-at-all future, and yet they opted to put out $40/$80 books they knew would only be current for about a year. That's truly new behavior for them.

Now, if the digital version are getting updated with the remaining content as it gets added to the initially, deliberately incomplete book, then at least there would be a less consumer-hostile option, but I suspect that won't be the case.

Anyway, on a positive note, I think pretty much all the non-elf models shown today were fantastic. Most are Day 1 purchases for me.  GW continues to knock it out of the park with their sculpts!

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

As they started unveiling the Nighthaunt, SCE and Wight King Characters my fingers started to itch thinking that there is yet potential to release a King Brodd kit. There are RE that could support this and now with Lumineth BT 2.0 and its Warscrolls available in BR it wouldnt be too far fetched an idea!!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

The decision to show a dead chaos warrior on the base of Belakor is quite interesting. You would have thought he naturally ties into the slaves to darkness range, but maybe this is suggesting something else?

Does it? He is a old and powerful chaos demon, I doubt he would think twice about using the souls/life of one of his "minions"  for his own gain. It's even in the  flavour of the Cabalists, sacrificing the week to get extra magic power. 

• Like 1

@Clan's Cynic I think the wing span is going to be even greater than that!!! In that pic the wing arms do not match up. I do not play chaos but Ive always liked that sculpt and will get this new one as just a paint project.

@HollowHills Aain I do not play chaos but I did some Be'lakor research and apparently he uses demons as his minions and Archaon is his son/adversary whos minions are chaos warriors so it seems fitting to have the dead one on the base. Perhaps I am reading too much into this though.

If Be'Lakor gets an all demon army I may build one as a small side project. Imagine having all four greater demons and this beast at the head of your army!

27 minutes ago, Doko said:

Or perhap it gonna be br allarielle and have belakor as the enemy

This is my thought. We get Broken Realms Alarielle next, sticking with the elf theme with Belakor the primary antagonist.  Gardus has ties to Alarielle and might be involved here as well.  With this reveal it seems highly plausible Belakor was the creature with the skavin assassins in the last story.  If he is also gunning for Nagash then that drags in Nighthaunt.   Or maybe he wants the skaven after Alarielle?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

The decision to show a dead chaos warrior on the base of Belakor is quite interesting. You would have thought he naturally ties into the slaves to darkness range, but maybe this is suggesting something else?

its also interesting to note that Belakor is also playable in 40k, so i wonder if he has multiple part base with a CSM on it or GW just going to shrug that a there a dead Chaos warrior in the 41st millennium 

my wild tinfoil hat theory for Belekor is that he comes out with Undivided Ruinstorm daemons for AoS, just because i like the look of Ruinstorm daemons from HH.

99560102300_HHRuinstormDaemonBrutes01.jpg

Edited by novakai
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Aain I do not play chaos but I did some Be'lakor research and apparently he uses demons as his minions and Archaon is his son/adversary whos minions are chaos warriors so it seems fitting to have the dead one on the base. Perhaps I am reading too much into this though.

If Be'Lakor gets an all demon army I may build one as a small side project. Imagine having all four greater demons and this beast at the head of your army!

Be'Lakor is a duplicitous schemer and is ready to betray Archaon in favour of furthering his own goals. Chaos is often defined by infighting as the champions and heroes fight for the favour of the Chaos Gods. Archaon and Be'lakor take that dynamic to the next level as the favoured champions of all four Chaos Gods (no clue what the Great Horned Rat* feels about either of them). Be'Lakor might get some rules for sacrificing fellow units and he might be working in opposition to the mortal champions of chaos, it is currently hard to tell. I personally lean towards the former as it is a pretty cool thing to be portraying on the base of a model and something that I have not often seen**. Either way I expect his rules to synergize well with Demons and Chaotic creatures such as Raptoryxs, but it is notable that he would have begun life as a mortal. Be'Lakor does have mortal worshipers particularly in Ulgu, so I am really hopeful that he will be useable with a mortal oriented Slaves to Darkness army***.

I think that the interesting take away with Be'Lakor is that he sees himself as an agent of Chaos rivalling the Dark Powers and Archaon but they typically view him as something of a pawn. Yet the manner in which they underestimate  Be'Lakor likely makes him a bigger threat as he is cunning and powerful. I personally see him in a similar light to Iago in Othello or Danglers in the Count of Monte Cristo... but he is just as frequently portrayed like Starscream in Transformers. In a way bouncing between the conniving threat to unwitting tool makes the character more dynamic and interesting to me as I am always interested in seeing if he will succeed in any given plan. I sometimes think that Be'Lakor is unknowingly supporting Order or the forces of good in posing a possible hurdle to Chaos and Archaon's machinations, but simultaneously he could possibly present a bigger threat if ever he succeeded.  

*The Pete Best of the Chaos Gods...
**The hungry squig is the first thing to come to mind for me. Possibly the Infernal Enrapturess' harp. 
**I obviously hope that Be'Lakor continues to be useable within a mortal Slaves to Darkness army.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

So, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the reason Be'Lakor is over the other chaos warrior's body is because he's going to become the AoS answer to Malal god of contradiction. This would also introduce an interesting wild card, faction/character that could make chaos  less of a monolithic faction that would often go after other chaos factions as hard as order factions

Also, hi long-time lurker, first time poster.

Edited by Me-dude-sa
  • Like 15