Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

12 hours ago, Ivo said:

What about seraphon spells? Any rumours? Would be kinda sad if the masters of magic didnt get any...

Probably expect something like the Cities of Sigmar treatment. 

Sure they got zero faction Endless Spells.  But wow, did they get a hell of a compensation for that

• Confused 1

On 2/5/2020 at 2:12 PM, Overread said:

I want a new Ogor Hunter because the mes Beastgrave Ogor is a 40mm model, and the base is a pain to modify.... 😭😭😭

Edited by Nezzhil
Error

29 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I want a new Ogor Hunter because the mes Beastgrave Ogor is a 40mm model, and the base is a pain to modify.... 😭😭😭

You can glue It on top of a 50mm base

Just now, chord said:

What if they could summon other endless spells like the SCE ones. 

That'd be an interesting mechanic.

They could get Stormcast spells as both are divine armies to the realm of heavens and they could extend it to using the starlight nature of the Seraphon so they attune their magical bodies to certain other endless spells they cast to gain the racial positives,  so if it's Sylvaneth magic then they benefit from the "Sylvaneth keyword only" exception if they cast the living spell.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chord said:

What if they could summon other endless spells like the SCE ones. 

So you want to tell me that KO Aether-Khemists are as powerful as Slann? :) 

13 minutes ago, michu said:

So you want to tell me that KO Aether-Khemists are as powerful as Slann?

Everybody knows that khemists are at the top of the magic phase!!! 

• Like 1

Warmachines semi-confirmed then.

Stormcast/Knights Excelsior had giant ballistaes in Excelsis a year before Sacrosanct released so it can just be fluff decoration(for now).

Interesting bit is "finest champions". After this crushing defeat it's possible the Realmlord's release is Teclis reforming their army with new troops, creatures and powers because of how inefficient they were against the Varanguard.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

Mind that there would be no point in writing that paragraph down, if the Archon overwhelmed an elven force, who was just out of boot camp.  Not that the paragraph is descriptive and I find it impossible to estimate just how evenly matched the forces were.

Edited by Tiger

2 hours ago, Fellman said:

Some relmlord hints from Wrath of the Everchosen

85004914_638182886948768_1065262119743651840_n.jpg

This mades me thing of a Slaves Vs Lumineth Box with 100% new models/sculpts

Hopefully this means the Light Alves are actually getting Warmachines and isn't a case like the Deepkin where various things creatures and characters never got models.

They might get them, they just might get them on day 1. 

Many of the AoS armies are clearly smaller than they could be and have lots of head room to grow and add models. GW likely has to balance both short term desires and long term production of a race. If they gave a faction 50 models on day one, what's left for next year's releases? Plus there's investment and production to consider as well. GW is producing a lot, but they still have limits and far as we can tell they are near those limits. So they likely can't just give one army double the rate of others without it impacting on others. 

So, if I remember right, the last Lumineth lowdown was monday, the 27th. So chances are we are getting a new article on monday?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Stormcast/Knights Excelsior had giant ballistaes in Excelsis a year before Sacrosanct released so it can just be fluff decoration(for now).

Interesting bit is "finest champions". After this crushing defeat it's possible the Realmlord's release is Teclis reforming their army with new troops, creatures and powers because of how inefficient they were against the Varanguard.

AoS is rather superlative. Every other unit is the "finest", "best", "slays hundreds of Orruks" (and in the description of that exact Urruk unit it's the other way around).

This is an old style of writing. And I mean like in Gilgamesh, Hebrew (first testament mostly), ancient Egyptian annals through ancient Greece, Roman, Beowulf, Eddas and now in comic book form.

It's not a style of writing I particularely like, but it is rooted literally at the start of history.

• Like 3

True, plus the champions could just refer to the commanders who got overwhelmed fighting a bloody demigod. Them getting away to fight another day could attest to that.

Just now, Gecktron said:

So, if I remember right, the last Lumineth lowdown was monday, the 27th. So chances are we are getting a new article on monday?

They said 2 weeks after the first Lumineth lore article so that should be the case. :)

Edited by Baron Klatz

Veering slightly from the current conversation track, but what if all the imminent and rumored Aelven releases are because the next big lore event is going to be Slaanesh escaping captivity? 

Wrath of the Everchosen hung a lantern on the Dark Prince, who hasn't gotten a lot of lore publicity since the HoS release. Not really conclusive proof, but coupled with the Aelves, it might be leading in that direction?

• Like 4

I'm just glad the aelven gods were hinted at moving it.

Bloody prison was right next to the city soul of Shadespire.

latest?cb=20180521181628

If Slaanesh broke free there then all those souls contained in Shadeglass would become daemon rock candy.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

As confirmed as cannons in greywater fastness? 😜

It is another bit of lore connecting both Teclis and tyrion to the lumineth. So it does seem to strengthen the suggestion Tyrion might be coming in the lumineth

9 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

Veering slightly from the current conversation track, but what if all the imminent and rumored Aelven releases are because the next big lore event is going to be Slaanesh escaping captivity? 

Wrath of the Everchosen hung a lantern on the Dark Prince, who hasn't gotten a lot of lore publicity since the HoS release. Not really conclusive proof, but coupled with the Aelves, it might be leading in that direction?

If they are following a sort of Psychic Awakening style of development of the plot and the range of models, I think we will see that in 2021. Wrath of the Everchosen - Attack on Excelsis (Fall 2020) - Fight for Slaanesh (Spring 2021) (With possible Malerion's aelf's joining the fight, as suggested by @Koradrel of Chrace)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaliontil said:

If they are following a sort of Psychic Awakening style of development of the plot and the range of models, I think we will see that in 2021.

That sounds about right to me, especially given the timeframe for current releases.

I've been hoping for a Destruction Ascendant story arch, but in all honesty Slaanesh would be a bigger shakeup and makes more sense as an event overshadowing Nagash's recent skullduggery. (If you will :D )

• Like 1

Much as I’d love to make jokes about the possible Slaaneshi upgrade kit(probably some Daemonettes “playing” with each head) I’m going to suggest the possibility of plastic chaos dwarfs once again. Wrath of the Everchosen gave us some lore hints that the OBR killed more then a few “corrupted duardin” kingdoms before attacking Eightpoints 3B74C878-C13C-448A-88E5-4664BB4AA23D.jpeg.6a914b1e7cd514ae22bbe2cc9b4ec1cf.jpeg

plus the recent S2D battletome mentioned that certain chaos warriors and lords get rune covered armour from the “Furnace Kings of Azgorh” who were mentioned all the way back in the Realmgate Wars! Finally we have the Spire Tyrants and Iron Golems warbands from Warcry, both having a(from what I’ve seen) beloved plastic chaos dwarf.7D078EDD-399F-4C76-9F52-C0E7C3AEB111.jpeg.59a9121a473af09505494c9060a010be.jpegEF360B13-C943-4D7E-96DB-31CAB9C7BBEB.jpeg.ef69deabd4eadc6b2d9b525cd032e6d5.jpeg
of course, I could be looking too much into simple fan pandering and callbacks from GW lore writers and modelers, but one of the things that got me into the hobby(besides the cyborgs of the mechanics in 40k) was the awesome idea of magic using dwarves who worshipped an evil Bull and built actual murder trains.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

15 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

was the awesome idea of magic using dwarves who worshipped an evil Bull and built actual murder trains.

that doesn't sound like something you could patent at all...