Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 hour ago, Nos said:

None of the Tolkienesque neo classical maritime Influence in their aesthetic

With maritime I agree, however, the Old World high elves had maritime flavor, as they were somehow supposed to portray the British Empire of old.

These new guys are as neo-classical as one could hope. They have greek helmets and plums and the cavalry resemple greek cataphracts with armoured horses and lances. 

I don't see any east asian influence other than the bonsai trees.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, El Syf said:

LVO reveals were rather underwhelming then. Two order armies; the grand alliance that arguably already has enough armies (sorry pointy elves fanbois).

That's OK. The pointy elves fans do not trouble over opinions of fans of some lesser beings. In fact, they probably don't even notice.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
  • LOVE IT! 1

29 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Oddly enough, I think that's what bothers me about them. Lol!

I've come to expect so much crazy from AoS, that these guys feel sort of 'meh' to me.

Have a similar feeling. On the other hand we've just seen some battleline that is oridnary. The small hero cool and Teclis is great as other god-like models. I look forward to medium or heavy infrantry - that's where usually factions show their identity like Kurnoth Hunters, Endrinriggers or Necropolis Stalkers. If you ask me I think some aerial units would fit their aesthetics.

Edited by Aryann

2 hours ago, Beastmaster said:

2.0 Battletomes are complete.

Maggotkin, DoK, LoN and Idoneth are not 2.0 battletomes. They are more like 1.5.

LoN may not receive an update on the basis they are old kits which are being phased out. 

DoK are strong, but that as mostly due to things like their auras not being wholly within. Also a lot of the new kits that were made especially for DoK (looking at blood stalkers and khinerai with melee weapons) are basically unplayable. 

Idoneth are relatively strong, but highly restricted to using morsarr guard. The points decrease on sharks may have helped a bit, I'm experimenting, but many of the kits are terrible rules wise. Intended synergies, such as the soulrender and thralls, just don't work in practice. You also have old design choices such as volty and the leviadon triggering on 6+. Seeing as most lists run geminds these abilities are useless. Non-eel idoneth are probably a bottom tier army. 

Both DoK and Idoneth have terrible battalions that are fairly unplayable. 

I know that maggotkin are hurting a bit too. Their demons are really poor in particular. I'm not enough of an expert to give any insight. 

Even 2.0 Nighthaunt and Stormcast need some love. Legion of Grief has helped nighthaunt a bit, but all their units are basically better in LoN or grief than in their own tome. 

Stormcast, like it or not, are the poster children of aos. They too have a book with quite poor internal balance. Even their best lists are really struggling now. 

So personally I would be happy if they just kept updating new books. Buying a new rulebook every 2 years seems reasonable to be and the best way to stop armies becoming stagnent. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Really excited to see what else GW has in store for the Aelves. Loving the nostalgic, classic Elf vibe and I’m ready to dive in. My only question is - where is Tyrion?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, michu said:

Oh, and I think that Seraphon players missed some lore bits when they were looking for new miniatures - some Seraphon are changing into Coalesced. They're getting real!!

So, previously, they existed because the Slann dreamed them into existence. 

Did the Slann dream them into existence for a whole reproductive cycle? Like a Slann wet dream?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

LoN may not receive an update on the basis they are old kits which are being phased out. 

Are you serious: for me it is one of the most beatiful range in AoS. And it doesn't show its age. And you you know what? Skeletons can't age! 😉

But I agree that LoN need an update, ideally with some decor/ES and even a new unit (example: a catapult like or some archers....)

Beasts of Chaos would be thankful if they got a new battletome, even being inside the 2.0 they are doing poorly as Im concerned (they were the worst positioned army in a recent national spanish tournament in which participated 150 players or so)

2 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Are you serious: for me it is one of the most beatiful range in AoS. And it doesn't show its age. And you you know what? Skeletons can't age! 😉

But I agree that LoN need an update, ideally with some decor/ES and even a new unit (example: a catapult like or some archers....)

If I were to guess I'd say the more Death factions we receive the less often will LoN be updated. With AoS promoting strictly themed armies, LoN might be too generic at some point. We already have ghouls (FEC), ghosts (Nighthaunt) and skielies (OBR). When/If GW adds a vampire specific faction LoN will have not much to offer in terms of identity.

• Like 1

I really want proper skeletons

rather than magic enhancing altered bone constructs

• Like 1

These are the ones I found, did I miss any?

image.png.dda59f6f9b9a4aebb98800448070d3b8.png

Also these looks like they might be Lumineth related:
image.png.50cf264e00f3490b51a053cc725148f5.png

Looking at the horns on Celennar they seem very similar in design as the rumour engine split horns above:
image.png.83b904bb576f7d4c5fdeb0d0015dff46.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Aryann said:

If I were to guess I'd say the more Death factions we receive the less often will LoN be updated. With AoS promoting strictly themed armies, LoN might be too generic at some point. We already have ghouls (FEC), ghosts (Nighthaunt) and skielies (OBR). When/If GW adds a vampire specific faction LoN will have not much to offer in terms of identity.

The main Identity of Legions of Nagash should be combining multiple Keywords into a new Allegiance.

This Identity is missing a little at the moment because the Legions in the Book are nearly the same except for some Abilities except for Legion of Grief (which is not in the Book but includes all Nighthaunt Models but no Soulblight  and Grand Host of Nagash (with their own Battleline)

Basicly something like:

• All Legions include Deathrattle, Deathmages, Deadwalker
    • Legion of Sacrament can include Bonereapers and Arkhan,
    • Legion of Grief can include Nighthaunt and Lady Olynder
    • Legion of Night can include Flesh Eater Courts and Mannfred (there are so many Stories where he used Flesh-Eater Units)
    • Legion of Blood can include Soulblight and Neferata

Maybe with the 1/4 Relation like Cities of Sigmar. That way each Legion could have their own Identity while other Allegiances exist.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Cat-things > fish-things 😛

Cleary a mastermind at work!

You’d just have to start playing skaven, to finish your astonishing- magnificent artwork😋😉

Can't wait for the next Stormcast release, hope for an updated Liberators kit :)

• Like 2

"Divide to better rule" seems to be the new mojo for GW. They don't wan't soup in new armies, clearly separating  armies by theme, identity and range. Making the customer who want this unit and that monster inclined to buy both armies. I hate this. And I'm happy that GW had to make soup battletomes to finish 2.0 in a hurry (DoT, StD, LoN, Nurgle, Skaven...): those  BT are simply the best and my fav.

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Like 1

Really beautiful minis, the aelven lads look more beautiful than I could ever imagine 😍

As for the argument whether they are more inspired by hoplites or the far east, I think this is Age of Sigmar's greatest strength at play which we already saw with OBR - mix and match elements from real cultures instead of taking them wholesale and risk some really problematic takes.

Spoiler

Also, Zoats are back, baby!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

"Divide to better rule" seems to be the new mojo for GW. They don't wan't soup in new armies, clearly separating  armies by theme, identity and range. Making the customer who want this unit and that monster inclined to buy both armies. I hate this. And I'm happy that GW had to make soup battletomes to finish 2.0 in a hurry (DoT, StD, LoN, Nurgle, Skaven...): those  BT are simply the best and my fav.

Yeah, still a bit chaotic in that regard. Some soup, some don’t, some just a bit, and then there’s still the grand alliance thing, allies and mercenaries.  Lots of alive, half-dead and dead-in-the-water options, and a nightmare for beginners to choose from.

Cross-posting from seraphon thread since I really think this battletome cover mertis more discussion

In addition to the saurus not looking like existing saurus models, there are a lot of goldon icon on pole things that do not match anything we have. 

In green i have circled the Current Carnosaur and Engine of the Gods. They mostly match.  The things in red don't come close to anything we have. (unless I am an idiot and missing something. 

It's unusual for battletome cover art to stray so much from the models, isn't it??They oven go as far as to painting the characters even in the exact same pose as the model. 

What do you guys think? new models confirmed? Artist took too much liberty? 
seraphon.png.d86a8338203ae491091bf1b29988a8c8.png

Edited by sorokyl
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, El Syf said:

LVO reveals were rather underwhelming then. Two order armies; the grand alliance that arguably already has enough armies (sorry pointy elves fanbois).

This is one of the reasons why I don't like Grand Alliances.  By default Order by encompassing every Non- Chaos, Dead or Gorkamorka follower, should have vastly more factions.  But people feel the need to have some kind of parity between the Grand Alliances. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It probably had to do with the soup problem in 40k that GW went more stricter in AoS

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Cleary a mastermind at work!

You’d just have to start playing skaven, to finish your astonishing- magnificent artwork😋😉

I play almost every army in AoS, thanks to multiple Carrion Empire boxes for my Flesh-Eaters army, I ended up with a 2000pts Skaven army too 😂

• LOVE IT! 1

The new elves look alright, for elves. Though I'm not sold on the new Teclis. The beasty is fine, but he the Teclis pose just looks weird(and that paint job isn't doing it any favors).

Now I'm really looking forward to when the non-Underworlds version of the Underworlds warbands come out. New wolf riders already had me excited and now I can get a plastic sorcerer(without having to get the rest of the Glottkin for it) and a couple extra Blightkings.

2 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

It's unusual for battletome cover art to stray so much from the models, isn't it??They oven go as far as to painting the characters even in the exact same pose as the model. 

What do you guys think? new models confirmed? Artist took too much liberty? 

I am 99% sure that is just artistic liberties. The models are rather plain, so they went with how the more modern look of the carnosaur riders appear and also how the blood bowl saurus appear. If we got new kits it would look like this.

All those banners I just don't see as being anything they worry so much about. An entirely new suit of armor, a new dinosaur or anything else vastly different maybe, but I fear looking at the seraphon version of "banners" is clutching at straws sadly. It just stings they make a kit for blood bowl, but can't update their main line...

18 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Oh I don't really hope so, some good things come from "soup" but not cross tome soup please!  This is already painfully sad for nighthaunt who are just terrible to bring with their own battletome but shine a bit more in LoN and the recent LoG.

Soup is already completely wrecking the balance of competetive 40k and ruining the flavor of anything imperial, I do not want to see that in AoS. I really like thematic armies and would hate to see skinks as mandatory battleline for order, or every "destruction" army just spamming grots. 

The unique styles, themes and vision of very specific forces with rules which support their narrative and fighting style is something I really enjoy.

• Like 2

Double post

Edited by novakai