The Rumour Thread

I think release wise AoS will be fine this year. The whole Skirmish thing is slightly confusing because the advert doesn't have a 'proper' logo. Other than that we know there's a new starter set/game called Thunder and Blood coming out in the summer that was shown off at the GAMA games fair in the US and we have Shadowspire to look forward to later in the year. Were only in second quarter of the year and i hope we see at least one Battletome a quarter but even without that over the summer we've had two brand new Battletomes with Tzeench Disciples and Kharadron Overlords and the relaunch of Stormcast Eternals and Blades of Khorne.

12 hours ago, DinoTitanedition said:

Grots are right now the most interesting stuff, thou I am afraid, that the overall feel might differ too much. To me, the overall setting has to stay believble. If I imagine a supermechanized Grot next to a club wielding Bonesplitter....it just doesen`t seem to fit. I have the same issue with the Kharadron and the Stormcats.

And I think the people in Nottingham do see this as well. So I expect some of the older factions to get a more up to date look and feel.

I see your point, but the thing is we are talking about 9 different realms. Theres room for "high fantasy" technology. Me? Id love to see goblins as a bizarro version of kharadron.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sleboda said:

It's kinda a bummer for me when I read stuff like that.  Not directed at you specifically, but folks seem to have so completely moved their minds over to the post -GHB state of "armies" that they forget that a primary joy of AoS, as sold since Day 1, is exactly the thing you wish you had - and already do - the ability to plop down a few orcs or Khorne guys and have a game. AoS was built to do this.  Only the "Must make 2000 point Matched Play armies" mentality prevents you from doing what you express a desire to do. 

That said,  a small two-player box would be sweet. ☺

Definitely a fair point, but I personally disagree a bit as really small games of AoS feel pretty boring and stripped down. Some supplementary optional rules for a more advanced small game experience would be really welcome. I've spoken to some local organizers who told me exactly this when I asked them what GW could do to help improve community development. They said that Kill Team was a great seller for 40k in part because it was an easy entry point while still being appealing to more advanced gamers. AoS currently lacks that pull. It has small scale covered, but not the ability to keep veteran gamers interested for more than a game or two (at least when playing small scale).

23 hours ago, Turragor said:

99% sure this is a stormcast collar it is nearly identical to a few I have already.

I wish this could be a new stormcast hero (AGAIN!?) the "starsinger" that blast his ennemies with his mighty voice.

LALALALALAAAAA.

article-1241649-03B62C480000044D-657_233

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PJetski said:

Not stormcast. Not eldar.

Looks regal - either aelf or lahmian.

Looks Aelfish to me, as it really reminds me of the Shoulder spikes found on Chaos models but more orderly. Almost Stormcast but not complete.

In that same vein it also doesn't seem Death to me because it would be more spikey or boney, for lack of better words.

So if I had to make a guess it would be a High Aelf warrior. 

6 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

AOS skirmish anyone?

yesterday there was a game of Skirmish on Warhammer Live. How come no one is debating this? I didn't see the episode so I am pretty eager to hear about it. Rules, previews, thoughts and rumors. Who got some?

It's not until next week - they're broadcasting from London this weekend instead of any games this week.

2 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

AOS skirmish anyone?

yesterday there was a game of Skirmish on Warhammer Live. How come no one is debating this? I didn't see the episode so I am pretty eager to hear about it. Rules, previews, thoughts and rumors. Who got some?

I was thinking the same! What's up with that??

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

It's not until next week - they're broadcasting from London this weekend instead of any games this week.

DOH!

2 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

It has fewer wounds than the other verminlords! And its spell is Sayl-lite: +6" move plus fly to ANY friendly unit, 6+ to cast... cmon guys think this nonsense through before publishing please! Model is lovely tho...

Not fly.

21 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

AOS skirmish anyone?

Damn delorean! :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Not fly.

Ok not quite fly, fair one! I think the principle is the same in this case tho, long-bomb your murder unit into combat on turn 1 when there are no enemy units in no-mans land. Fine in theory, can be costed fairly in points i believe, but so open to abuse that why would you do it?

As for not playing against such a model, i would not deny an opponent the chance to field whatever they like - i will however reserve the right to moan about it on forums like this one! :)

• Like 2

If the misuse of that ability is not justified in your eyes, the place to moan about it, is actually in the game and that towards your opponent. At least you relised it`s moaning ;) One of the tournamentcracks once told me, there is no bad armies, only bad generals. Never relized how much this fits characterwise as well until now.

Jokes aside, if an opponent actively and knowingly destroys the joyful atmosphere of your game, it would be best to widen your selection of opponents with more relaxed players. But then again, it`s just a suggestion, not criticism or a complaint. Everybody enjoys the game in their own way.

• Like 1