The Rumour Thread

I'm a bit puzzled with Ionus. His pose is great, and he looks metal af, but I can't help but notice he looks much like a SM Chaplain. Just as SCE were starting to lean more into the "knight/paladin" archetype, GW pulls them back too close to "fantasy marine territory" sadly. Still a dope mini tho, and more inventive than 99% of all SM sculpts. I'd probably get used to him more as time goes by.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1

I still like the Men At Arms and Bowmen, I think those kits look great still.

Choosing not to update the Knights of the Realm which is the most iconic unit is strange, but honestly, head swap from the new foot Knights with the new weapons as well, sorted.

I absolutely can't wait, can't wait to see what Tomb Kings get. Can't wait to see the website, can't wait to read the lore, can't wait to see new art, can't wait mate.

• Like 6

So excited to see the belthanos model and hopefully the first of many for a Kurnothi range. On a side note it makes sense of some of whitefangs emoji reactions particularly when I asked about Kurnoths return and I got the laughing emoji which definitely meant something similar was coming and that it would be a happy time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Baz said:

So excited to see the belthanos model and hopefully the first of many for a Kurnothi range. On a side note it makes sense of some of whitefangs emoji reactions particularly when I asked about Kurnoths return and I got the laughing emoji which definitely meant something similar was coming and that it would be a happy time. 

I don't see any real hopes of Kurnothi after this, at least not the wood elf variety. They made a treeman the Avatar of Kurnoth, leading kurnoth hunters and tree-revenants with wild rider helmets. It's all trees all the way down. If the wood elf remnants can't even get an Avatar of their God that fits with their aesthetic they are doomed as a concept, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Seems like every model released with dawnbringers actually had a beast or some kind of beastlike creature attached to it right? Can we assume zombie dragon for FEC and new beasts for chaos now?

Grimhold exile doesn't, although he is a behemoth slayer. Magmadroths have so much potential

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, madmac said:

I don't see any real hopes of Kurnothi after this, at least not the wood elf variety. They made a treeman the Avatar of Kurnoth, leading kurnoth hunters and tree-revenants with wild rider helmets. It's all trees all the way down. If the wood elf remnants can't even get an Avatar of their God that fits with their aesthetic they are doomed as a concept, IMO.

This is who Alarielle put in charge to keep the spirit of Kurnoth alive. Of course she chose a Kurnot Hunter and not a Kurnothi aelf she lost touch with eons ago due to Nurgle. I do not think this closes any doors.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I'm a bit puzzled with Ionus. His pose is great, and he looks metal af, but I can't help but notice he looks much like a SM Chaplain. Just as SCE were starting to lean more into the "knight/paladin" archetype, GW pulls them back too close to "fantasy marine territory" sadly. Still a dope mini tho, and more inventive than 99% of all SM sculpts. I'd probably get used to him more as time goes by.

In all fairness space marines chaplains look like they would work better as monastic paladins in a fantasy setting.

On space marines news I finally traded my space marines and got Be'lakor and the Slaves to Darkness army box alongside some other chaos goodies. I also found those space marines a good home, as I was likely going to kit bash them into Chaos space marines.

53 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It completely depends on what parts of their armor you focus on because the Marine kitbashes with the new Thunderstrike have been insanely good to.

image.jpeg.23143da43e15c71103520c4ebe6cccf6.jpeg

With Grungni having more time to flesh out their armor again(to when he had 500 years before to come up with the first AoS1 batches) I won’t be surprised at much more marine-like flourishes while keeping the slimmer tones for a while.

Which is good, with CoS on the way and Brets for TOW to cover the human knight bases the Stormcast can be focus on being badass angels on lightning that descend from magic space station celestial cities more and hit those post-human otherworldly vibes we love. 😇 ️ 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

As someone who doesn’t like that sort of thing normally, Beltanos’s pose is excellent. Yes he’s standing up in saddle but it’s a dynamic moment, he’s launched himself into a standing position to blow the horn, while his roots grow to cling to his big beetle. It works. Good sculpt in general. Personally I’d  pick ‘tree/forest spirit with antlers and hunter god vibes’ over generic not-beastmen every time.

Also put me down with those who like the old Bretonnian minis. The men at arms and peasants in particular hold up exceptionally well.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

SCE dragon is really nice but this should‘ve been Egrimm Van Horstmann instead. 😝 The model would be a pretty decent base for a conversion however. 

The new brets are nice too but overall this reveal has little for me specifically but I hope someone else is happy.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

It completely depends on what parts of their armor you focus on because the Marine kitbashes with the new Thunderstrike have been insanely good to.

image.jpeg.23143da43e15c71103520c4ebe6cccf6.jpeg

With Grungni having more time to flesh out their armor again(to when he had 500 years before to come up with the first AoS1 batches) I won’t be surprised at much more marine-like flourishes while keeping the slimmer tones for a while.

Which is good, with CoS on the way and Brets for TOW to cover the human knight bases the Stormcast can be focus on being badass angels on lightning that descend from magic space station celestial cities more and hit those post-human otherworldly vibes we love. 😇 ️ 

Those black/white/gold space stormcast are looking very nice. It‘s a cool scheme!

10 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

Maybe I missed it but was there any further enlightenment on which of the new Brets are plastic vs resin? Obviously we know the pegasus is plastic, but the knights on foot totally must be coming in the army box too no? It would be so weird for them to be resin then.

Pegasus Lord and Foot Knights are plastic. The other new Bretonnian stuff they've shown is resin.

At least some of the old metals/Finecrap are being retooled to use FW resin instead. The article also mentions metals returning. I'm guessing if it went to Finecrap they'll retool it, whereas stuff that never left metal will remain such.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

daam another book, with several orders armys aand my fishes and dinosaurs keep being ignored... im afraid my 2 factions will be among the few skipped factions on this narrative and boxes :(

still had hope for a gor rok, chakax or skink priest release so they were deleted on new book. and a idk hero on eel minimun

im really sad on oldworld news too, if. even the posterboy faction only got 1 new/redone unit and like 5-6 resins heros, what will other factions get? 1-2 resin heros at best im sure. 

i was hoping for at least 2-3 redone units for both posterboys factions, and 1 unit and 2-3 heros on every other faction

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Confused 1

Ah, my biggest fears for the reveal were kinda true - Fomo boxes were the core of the reveal 😩

I like the Stormcast Dragon about as much as I don’t care for it, I have to say I do rather like its wings and the base is Killer! . Bretonnia minis were cool, and I’m sure someone out there is happy the old Knights are coming back. Not me.

What was shown was neat, but as the 40th year anniversary this was a total let down. I feel they didn’t care. The celebration has been a little lack luster. My fault again for hyping it in my head. I also can’t believe even a Made to Order of classic Warhammer minis was timed in for today.  

Apologies for the Grumpiness but yeeesh, what a bummer of a celebration. 

• Like 1