The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Chorfs are not an if, they're a when. You don't reintroduce back the hobgoblins into AoS as hobgrots and don't make a Warcry warband called "The Horns of Hashut" for giggles. There's something bigger behind that.
In the dark, polluted land of England, in the forges of Zharr-Nottingham, great and terrible miniatures are forged to fuel the war machine of the Dawi-Zharr, as they prepare to conquer the Mortal Realms in the name of Hashut, the Father of Darkness. So have the Sorcerer-Prophets of GW decided !

Idk if Fyreslayers will get a "massive" range update. I always feel like there are more FS players than meets the eye, so if GW has deemed them profitable enough to warrant a second wave, why not ?

Kharadrons are in a good spot because even though they have a small roster it is well rounded so I don't see new big releases. Maybe a Warcry band ?

New Dispossessed, I don't know. Seems like a big stretch to me.

I'm only playing Fyreslayers because they are the closest thing I can get to Chaos Dwarfs to be honest, and I've kind of developed a love of them through that, but I would throw them to the wind for proper Zharr Duardin. I'm sure a few people remember me from the Chaos Dwarf forums, I was the one that created the Spell Cards for Legion of Azgorh spells.  But I would agree with you, the horns of Hashut and the Hobgrots and the lore references are just too much to turn a blind eye too. WAY too much foreshadowing.

Edited by Lord Veshnakar
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Speaking of rumours, has this been posted before?

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2023/04/old-world-rumors-battle-for-skull-pass.html?m=1

Sounds like hopium, but man would I love to get those rereleased.

Cooool. Island of Blood holds up exceptionally, with those rat ogres being vastly better sculpts than the shoddy (older!) ones used in the AoS range.

Skull Pass, the gobbos are all perfect, single-piece versions of the normal moonclan kit but the dwarves are unfortunately pretty tired. The miners, cannon and grudge-pony are good but the lord and warriors are low detail chunks of plastic and the dragonslayer is… I don’t know, even for the time that was a weird sculpt.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate Fyreslayers have so much untapped potential to be the most visually striking Faction.

I believe and hope thst 4.0 is a Duardin Edition. 

Give us a massive range update to Fyreslayers.

Give Kharadron some new infantry and ship.

Release Chaos Duardin.

And finally tease a release for a new Order Dispossessed Faction.

So happt to see you on team Duardin! I have argued it time and again, the reason that the Aelves got so much focus in 2.0 was to help untangle the mess that they found themselves in lore-wise after the Endtimes. Games workshop had to really sort out the mess of Slaanesh and the Gods of the Elves, who were prominent heroes in the old world. I personally feel like they have done a fantastic job and have set their narrative up in exciting ways with faction distinctions, clear direction and purpose going forward. Even with Malerion in the shadows, and Tyrion not present I feel like their introductions will be fairly straight forward, and will be met with fan excitement.

Duardin are in a different situation, importing them into AOS was extremely straightforward and extremely smooth. Kharadron are a massive success and much beloved, whereas Fyreslayers are an expansion of an Iconic part of the Old World that does need a little more depth and exploration, but as you suggest won't take that much effort on GW's part. Dispossessed are expected and I think they are making sure to create something very IP friendly so it might be taking a little more effort. But the lore is also setting up Duardin into taking centre stage and I think it is going to be fantastic.  

I feel like we will eventually see Duardin having Chaos Dwarves, Fyreslayers and Kharadron on their feet by then end of the edition and Grombdibal leading a massive Dispossessed release next edition. 

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Woo!!! WarhammerFest is going to be HYPE!!!

Speaking of rumours, has this been posted before?

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2023/04/old-world-rumors-battle-for-skull-pass.html?m=1

Sounds like hopium, but man would I love to get those rereleased.

Oh that would be amazing, I will be splitting the release with my cousin (if I don't run out and grab Beasts) and I would not be disappointed with any of those armies or sets. Plus they would all have some interplay with AOS particularly within my own collection and narrative.

High Elves and Dwarves will make easy City of Sigmar Collation allies for my Stormcast and be the basis of a new COS army.  Goblins will sub in for Gnoblars and maybe be used as the basis of a Gloomspite army. Finally Skaven do not as easily pair up with my current collection but will gladly be used to help me induldge in my love of Chaos and possibly be the basis of a Dark Mech army down the line.

Luckily my friends are fairly indifferent about base sizes. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 9:34 AM, EonChao said:

I think part of the problem is there isn't really a great threat facing all of the Mortal Realms right now

bit of a necro on this convo I'm sure (catching up on the weekend posts!), but the depressing irony here is I explicitly remember GW saying the launch of 3.0 was "supposed to re-tread how far Chaos has corrupted the realms" to show us how important Order's bastions of resistance/success are... Neither that nor a proper metaplot for Destruction/Kragnos seems to have happened :/

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

bit of a necro on this convo I'm sure (catching up on the weekend posts!), but the depressing irony here is I explicitly remember GW saying the launch of 3.0 was "supposed to re-tread how far Chaos has corrupted the realms" to show us how important Order's bastions of resistance/success are... Neither that nor a proper metaplot for Destruction/Kragnos seems to have happened :/

Think covid really messed with the schedule. Hell I think dawnbrigers have actually been done for awhile and were intended for release a lot earlier. We had some of their terrain early on.  There's also constant stories and snippets of Kruleboyz messing with their expeditions and maybe they were supposed to play more into each other. 

Who knows...

Edited by Vasshpit

20 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Id be happy with a FS relaunch/expansion pulling them closer to real slayers aesthetic, ideally alternate units so folks can stick with the old look if they like but replacements work personally

My issue with Fyreslayers is I think they kinda missed why Slayers worked, namely they were such a contrast to an otherwise heavily armored faction. Also the entire reason Slayers didn't wear armour is because they were seeking death in battle so didn't feel the need to protect themselves, but that's not true for Fyreslayers.

So personally I'd actually prefer Fyreslayers to not only be given trousers (or at least shorts) but armour too. The IDK vs. FS foot hero's face mask would be a great starting point for the sort of armour is like to see.

Of course I think we're beyond that now, and changing their aesthetic significantly will probably annoy those who like their current aesthetic.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Of course I think we're beyond that now, and changing their aesthetic significantly will probably annoy those who like their current aesthetic.

In general, why stop there?

imo DoK, Idoneth and perhaps other factions could use some armoured units.

Daughters of Khaine: Heavily armored with double-tipped poison Spears. The same unit but as a Cavalry „knight“ unit. - This would tune the faction so much. Now add a big beast that’s not a hero and voila.

Idoneth: heavily armoured, non-swimming cavalry or even special infantry.

image.gif.c76466f9c8a1d1bdd734bd5339477902.gif

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 9

37 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

My issue with Fyreslayers is I think they kinda missed why Slayers worked, namely they were such a contrast to an otherwise heavily armored faction. Also the entire reason Slayers didn't wear armour is because they were seeking death in battle so didn't feel the need to protect themselves, but that's not true for Fyreslayers.

So personally I'd actually prefer Fyreslayers to not only be given trousers (or at least shorts) but armour too. The IDK vs. FS foot hero's face mask would be a great starting point for the sort of armour is like to see.

To be fair, the lore for Fyreslayers is that the Ur-Gold runes they cram into themselves functionally act as armour, which is why they've typically had very good armour/ward saves despite... being naked. It's not the worst explanation for why they're still Beach Body Ready despite no longer being death seekers. Plus the whole "fearless berserker goes into battle half-naked" is a big fantasy trope all by itself. 

That said, I do think Slayers (of both stripes) look better with trousers on but I can appreciate GW wanted to do something other than make them 1:1 identical to Fantasy Slayers. It goes without saying and I know I'm preaching to the converted, but the AoS aesthetic as a whole is being held back a lot just by pretty much the entire range - bar one model - looking almost identical to the the rest. Even slapping the Pizza Oven and some Invocations down gives a lot more 'life' to the range.

Rune golems, fire elementals, Not!K'daai, a spiritual successor to the Goblin Hewer and Anvil of Doom... even ignoring Magamdroths there's a lot they could do with the Fyreslayer range which isn't just Naked Infantry.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 9

55 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Think covid really messed with the schedule. Hell I think dawnbrigers have actually been done for awhile and were intended for release a lot earlier. We had some of there terrain early on.  There's also constant stories and snippets of Kruleboyz messing with their expeditions and maybe they were supposed to play more into each other. 

Who knows...

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were the case. the longer we go without a REAL, full AOS video game the more I wonder if we don't have one because it includes things not released yet (namely the new Cities models and actual DBC lore).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

WarhammerFest's Underworlds and Warcry previews are on Saturday at Noon.

The Age of Sigmar preview will be on the Sunday at Noon. The Old World at 2pm BST.

7aE5mEjbrwvgKQVb.jpg

A bit dissapointed at the lack of Blood Bowl. Are they just going to release a team each year?. I understand it's a low priority as they can't milk it as much as other systems ( and alternative companies are well stablished), but still. Just a few star players doesn't cut it.

24 minutes ago, Beliman said:

What do you mean?

IMG-20230417-WA0016.jpg.d2fb74bb7dfd97e71e25500b4883e5f1.jpg

What I really love about this drawing is that even all the tiny details here, the ur-gold runes, the small differences in headcrests, beltbuckles, loincloths etc, it's all dead on accurate. If you don't play Fyreslayers you can't even fully appreciate this picture.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

I hope we get some hints for a 2nd Destruction wave and more info on Kurnothi. Maybe even something about the start of this seasons narrative campaign.

I also cant wait to see what they have in store for Warcry, it has quickly become my most played GW game.

My realistic guess would be more CoS reveals.

• Like 2

The two hour block does have me curious. I don't think there's any way they are going to fill it with COS alone, not with 10th edition releasing between now and the COS debut. Maybe COS + Season of War: Gallet or a similar supplement, alongside the rumored Spider Incarnate or similar feature of the narrative supplement? That might be enough for that length of time. However, a one hour preview is usually enough to do many more releases than just a single army, a book, and a new centerpiece, and we have twice that. Q&A will be a bit, but not a full hour most likely, let alone over that. I would guess there's some additional element in there, but I'm really not sure what. My tamest guess is probably FEC?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talas said:

The schedule looks very interesting, seems like the AoS block is one of the bigger ones.

I think that AOS reveal+Q&A block is the same size as two smaller blocks put together (they should be 1hr 30min increments).

HOWEVER, 40k's reveal is part of the opening welcome so I'm inclined to agree with you? Unless it's a 2min opening, AOS looks like it'll get an extra 10-15min. That our Q&A is the same as 40k's new edition Q&A gives me hope we'll be getting a large chunk of models along with some books!

edit: the blocks are an hour long

Edited by CommissarRotke

2 hours ago, Jator said:

A bit dissapointed at the lack of Blood Bowl. Are they just going to release a team each year?. I understand it's a low priority as they can't milk it as much as other systems ( and alternative companies are well stablished), but still. Just a few star players doesn't cut it.

Someone said this on fb and the community team replied something is coming very soon. 

• LOVE IT! 2

7 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

dont get it. why seraphon box is 20€ more than chaos one???

everything inside will cost exactly the same as chaos one, and the things in the box didnt get a raise in price, so rise in price isnt an answer. boxes should have same % discount, if the things inside get a raise. box get a raise, but overall discount will be the same.

but this box has same value inside than last 5 40karmyboxes and chaos one, but costing 20€ more, so with like 15% lower discount on it, reason??? 

Technically I believe the Daemon Prince got a price raise... For some reason.

I suspect it is because GW saw an opportunity to cut the amount they lose due to the discount in these boxes when they decided on the price rise. That is basically what they have been doing with replacing the Start Collecting with Vanguard boxes anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were the case. the longer we go without a REAL, full AOS video game the more I wonder if we don't have one because it includes things not released yet (namely the new Cities models and actual DBC lore).

I am pretty high on hopium that’s why Frontier announced a delay for their AoS RTS game from Q2 2023 to Q4 2023-Q1 2024 for the new Freeguild stuff even if they serve a similar purpose as the Imperial guard in DoW1  as npc fodder troops holding the line until SCE or allies come in to help.

Same reason Cubicle7 did a big delay on Soulbound from 2019 to instead 2020 so they could put in all the new Malign Portents lore which had dropped a little bit after they got the license.

Big puff of hopium as well but maybe a RTS trailer could be part of the AoS reveals and pad out that big chunk of reveal time? 😅🙏

• Like 4