The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I think its actually a good box if you're looking to start either army. 

Admittedly it's not so attractive if you have a Skaven army already as you'll probably those kits but more clanrats and stormvermin are always good. 

Regarding points, don't forget it's a narrative box, it doesn't have to be even points. 

My guess would be, cheiftain, clanrats, stormfiends and possibly a doomwheel or warp lightning cannon. 

Hopefully this.

I wouldn’t be too happy if they’d put a unit of 20 stormvermins a screaming bell into a noxset and called it a day

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I think its actually a good box if you're looking to start either army. 

Admittedly it's not so attractive if you have a Skaven army already as you'll probably those kits but more clanrats and stormvermin are always good. 

Regarding points, don't forget it's a narrative box, it doesn't have to be even points. 

My guess would be, cheiftain, clanrats, stormfiends and possibly a doomwheel or warp lightning cannon. 

I'm lucky enough to not actually have a screaming bell or any stormvermin despite owning 4000 points of skaven, so I'm pretty happy with it. Would've preferred a verminlord, but overall I'm pretty happy

8 minutes ago, ChemyWords said:

I'm lucky enough to not actually have a screaming bell or any stormvermin despite owning 4000 points of skaven, so I'm pretty happy with it. Would've preferred a verminlord, but overall I'm pretty happy

Same, my Skaven army is a skyre list so no clan rats, stormvermin or Bell, so a welcome addition to my force. 

10 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Can't really give a source, but I'm 100% satisfied it's true.

I don't think there is any point being salty about it. It's not a big new wave of models, mostly just tidying some stuff up like mortal wound spam and fox moves. Also simplified rules in line with aos 3 because Lumineth are pretty messy in that regard.

Sylvaneth is the exciting book in my opinion. They are going to be good and also move away from the reliance on wyldwoods that we've seen since aos 1. Basically just a cool army that will be able to compete in every phase of the game. 

Really really strange... so the new book doesn't come with Water temple units? That means Lumineth will be getting another TWO books minimum? One for Water Temple and a "final" one for Tyrion/Zenith? Because they probably wouldn't do one super huge release for both Temples :/ 

9 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Really really strange... so the new book doesn't come with Water temple units? That means Lumineth will be getting another TWO books minimum? One for Water Temple and a "final" one for Tyrion/Zenith? Because they probably wouldn't do one super huge release for both Temples :/ 

I assume it just their one book for this edition like how it work for most other army. There new book after this one would just be 4th edition in 3 years time

Edited by novakai

11 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Basically just a cool army that will be able to compete in every phase of the game. 

This worries me a tad, as traditionally, factions that excel in every phase tend to be overwhelming with NPE and/or garner unfortunately high win rates. See Seraphon or Lumineth as examples.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Mutton said:

This worries me a tad, as traditionally, factions that excel in every phase tend to be overwhelming with NPE and/or garner unfortunately high win rates. See Seraphon or Lumineth as examples.

Yeah. Honestly I’d much rather see the wyldwoods play a more dynamic role in the army depending on play style, and be easier to get on the board and/or turn other terrain features into wyldwoods

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

For anyone interested, the Magmadroth doesn't show up in this weeks pricelist nor the product code document so its probably going to be webstore only so no third party discount

Good news to me(i was regretting my impulsive buy of the start collecting when they said the increase in prices and also due to hype for new book,but after play with new book and see how bad it is i lost every intent to build the start collecting but seems in a future when next book come and dwarfs dont be so bads i gonna can build it and save many money) but bad news for fyreslayers.

The last faction in play rate and now new players gonna have to pay a kindney for the magmadroth.....that gonna help for sure also that our new shiny new units............oh sylvaneth got the cavalry and not us

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I can imagine something like the tyranid box with tons of clan rats and then something a little bigger to fill out the rest.

This bit of lore from the box is interesting:

”Luckily for the Sylvaneth, Skrittat was always doomed to fail. Unbeknownst to him, his trusted assassin, Deathmaster Virrtik, had been hired by another party keen to see to Skrittat’s downfall. All it took was a well-laid trail of clues allowing the Sylvaneth to follow them back to Aqshy and take their revenge – and stopping the overambitious Skrittat’s rise to power.

Leaving her realm for the first time came the Lady of Vines, legendary commander and daughter of Alarielle herself. Cut off from the goddess in her warlike summer aspect, the Lady and her army reap a bloody path straight to Skrittat’s retreating forces, triggering an all-out battle.”

My initial theory was daemon Skaven erupting from the cosmic roots digging into Aqshy for this box but they went and made a new narrative that dragged them all into the Realm of Fire anyway.

Third box set in Aqshy alongside Fury of the Deep with the acidic coasts of Riftmar and Arena of Shades with ghosts taking Khainite souls on gladiator holiday in former-Anvilgard.

Can’t help but think this is pointing to a realm shift next year or next edition being the Realm of Fire now with 3(and possibly more) sets of narrative realm rules and battleplans they could be testing for the new Core Aqshy battle pack.(hope they pick Riftmar realm rules the most, Acid Rains increasing damage and Sulphuric Quicksands hobbling troops make some really fun fights :) )

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5

I quite like the new battlebox, but mainly as I'm coming at it from the PoV of it as a good deal on a Sylvaneth booster with some Skaven attached (I intend to sell the Deathmaster). For £95 from element games, that's a decent deal for me.

On a potential Lumineth book; is their any actual evidence to suggest they will also get a new temple released with it?

I'd argue that the current book, while pretty middle of the pack strength wise, is a pretty janky book, too reliant on a very small number of warscrolls and much of the design doesn't really fit with the consistent themes we have seen from the other 3rd ed books.

The Lumineth don't need new models but they really do need a new book.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I was thinking of crudely made stick figures for destruction that are brought to life by the powers of the WAAGH to reign destruction on the world. Think the Wicker Man or Blair Witch for the type of models I imagined... maybe some scarecrow like pumpkin and gourd heads.

For order I was thinking of Duardin clockwork puppets. 

Death would be puppets imprisoning the souls of those who revelled in life trapped eternally in a parody of their previous life. Soldiers would be marching wooden soldiers, sculpted and painted in the parody of freeguild uniforms, dancers would become lethal spinning dolls with blades for limbs and edging their pretty dresses, artists would be spellcasters, attached to their easels and drawing spells to cast, musicians would ranged units, firing percussive blasts. Their Mortarch would be done in the style of the rat king from the nutcracker but actually be a reanimated warrior queen wearing the skeleton of a slain verminlord like a giant puppet costume.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 hours ago, novakai said:

Assuming that they do the same thing as they do with Knights, the basic Megagargant Rig  (basically the torso and leg) is the same as the last kit but the box will have new head and feet options along with accessory feature.

Awesome mate, that would leave the models most definately male then.

32 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

This bit of lore from the box is interesting:

”Luckily for the Sylvaneth, Skrittat was always doomed to fail. Unbeknownst to him, his trusted assassin, Deathmaster Virrtik, had been hired by another party keen to see to Skrittat’s downfall. All it took was a well-laid trail of clues allowing the Sylvaneth to follow them back to Aqshy and take their revenge – and stopping the overambitious Skrittat’s rise to power.

Leaving her realm for the first time came the Lady of Vines, legendary commander and daughter of Alarielle herself. Cut off from the goddess in her warlike summer aspect, the Lady and her army reap a bloody path straight to Skrittat’s retreating forces, triggering an all-out battle.”

My initial theory was daemon Skaven erupting from the cosmic roots digging into Aqshy for this box but they went and made a new narrative that dragged them all into the Realm of Fire anyway.

Third box set in Aqshy alongside Fury of the Deep with the acidic coasts of Riftmar and Arena of Shades with ghosts taking Khainite souls on gladiator holiday in former-Anvilgard.

Can’t help but think this is pointing to a realm shift next year or next edition being the Realm of Fire now with 3(and possibly more) sets of narrative realm rules and battleplans they could be testing for the new Core Aqshy battle pack.(hope they pick Riftmar realm rules the most, Acid Rains increasing damage and Sulphuric Quicksands hobbling troops make some really fun fights :) )

Id love for Aqshy or Ghyran to be the next Realm!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

I quite like the new battlebox, but mainly as I'm coming at it from the PoV of it as a good deal on a Sylvaneth booster with some Skaven attached (I intend to sell the Deathmaster). For £95 from element games, that's a decent deal for me.

On a potential Lumineth book; is their any actual evidence to suggest they will also get a new temple released with it?

I'd argue that the current book, while pretty middle of the pack strength wise, is a pretty janky book, too reliant on a very small number of warscrolls and much of the design doesn't really fit with the consistent themes we have seen from the other 3rd ed books.

The Lumineth don't need new models but they really do need a new book.

I’d give you 20 dollars for that deathmaster not more.

Edit:sorry my mistake I just noticed you meant the price of the box not for how much you’d be selling the deathmaster for.

My bad😅

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sahrial said:

Yeah. Honestly I’d much rather see the wyldwoods play a more dynamic role in the army depending on play style, and be easier to get on the board and/or turn other terrain features into wyldwoods

Heck yes. I love my gimmick armies, and this would be so rad.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Their Mortarch would be done in the style of the rat king from the nutcracker but actually be a reanimated warrior queen wearing the skeleton of a slain verminlord like a giant puppet costume.

You can use a Vengorian Lord for that bit. Some of them rather than embrace their new form as mastery over Death & Beasts will go to extreme lengths of self-denial for their egos that they aren’t total monstrosities. Including making massive elaborate costumes to hide their centaurian half.

To deny the truth of what has become of them, Vengorians order their minions to do any number of things to hide any reflection of their monstrous form; they will be ordered smash mirrors in advance of their arrival, to construct elaborate ballroom masks and monstrous, form-fitting gowns from the stitched-together flesh of the dead, and to sorcerously rust the armour of enemy troops. Even a goblet of fresh vitae might lead such a beast to catch sight of their dreadful appearance, and so they feed near exclusively upon scabbed and clotted blood.”

(That’s my head-canon of certain Victorian killer puppet games like the upcoming “Lies of P”, Realm of Metal city taken over by Death so all the corrupted toy robots/soldiers/ballet dancers are either possessed or Deathrattle in metal & plastic coverings)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

For anyone interested, the Magmadroth doesn't show up in this weeks pricelist nor the product code document so its probably going to be webstore only so no third party discount

I just got to see some trade sheets and the Auric Runefather on Magmadroth is on that for 112 USD. 

22 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I just got to see some trade sheets and the Auric Runefather on Magmadroth is on that for 112 USD. 

More expensive that the old Start Collecting, what a steal! I was expecting that, but geez GW give my army a break once in a while, would ya?

• Like 3

On 5/7/2022 at 7:39 PM, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

One can hope oh Sister of the Forge (going off of your profile pic)! May those foolish interlopers into the lands their ancestors abandoned to the dead and the damned regret marching away from the twin tailed comet’s light.

You're going off correctly! That's why I also changed the profile pic a while back, to avoid any confusion (as comical as chorf pepes might have been).

On 5/8/2022 at 10:10 PM, sandlemad said:

Frankly also a bleak visual of the FS range being just a homogenous mass of identical naked dwarves.

Also a third Lumineth book in 2 years is so utterly stupid that it goes from being a bad joke back to being quite funny in its ridiculousness. “New Lumineth books will continue to be released until morale improves”.

The fyreslayers are GW's biggest wasted wasted potential. There's...surprisingly much you can do with the aesthetics and GW just...doesn't. And not even fem Fyreslayers to give something else than ginger nude guys!

On 5/8/2022 at 10:29 PM, Maogrim said:

Can you give a source? Also Whitefang liked this, so... Oh my god, it can't be true, right? All the salt that TGA will produce will bathe this forum in glorious, crystaline white..

Bring your own potatoes and you can start the first all-digital chip shop 🙂

23 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Halflings, gnomes or marionettes.

(I like little guys/gals)

I know this is even less likely than seeing Chorfs anytime soon, but as a fellow harlot for hobbits halflings I would welcome an AoS-fied take on them. And who doesn't love creepy marionattes and gnarly gnomes???

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

This is probably not the place to post this, a few hours ago my dog was diagnosed with terminal cancer. A month ago he was perfectly healthy, but within less than three weeks his body developed an incredibly aggressive cancer that attacked his nervous system, and this week he will be passing away.

He’s been with my family for only 11 years, but the time he’s spent with us has helped every one of us through some very tough times. To my family, he’s not a dog; he’s the most precious part of the family. But to me, he was my everything; whenever I could come home and see him jump happily onto me, regardless of how Tough life was, always gave me the love I needed. 

One of my favorite memories was seeing him steal a citadel paint pot off my painting desk when he was a puppy to chew on. Sometimes, whereas I have been gaming for a while now, I wish I escape into the hobby more and appreciate how much it has brought me over the years as well. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 28

40 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

You're going off correctly! That's why I also changed the profile pic a while back, to avoid any confusion (as comical as chorf pepes might have been).

The fyreslayers are GW's biggest wasted wasted potential. There's...surprisingly much you can do with the aesthetics and GW just...doesn't. And not even fem Fyreslayers to give something else than ginger nude guys!

Bring your own potatoes and you can start the first all-digital chip shop 🙂

I know this is even less likely than seeing Chorfs anytime soon, but as a fellow harlot for hobbits halflings I would welcome an AoS-fied take on them. And who doesn't love creepy marionattes and gnarly gnomes???

Perhaps Malifaux or Puppet Wars could be inspiration, or good old Chaos Familiars.

119538807.jpeg

DSC00420-1024x683.jpg

gw-99800201034-0.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, EonChao said:

Death would be puppets imprisoning the souls of those who revelled in life trapped eternally in a parody of their previous life. Soldiers would be marching wooden soldiers, sculpted and painted in the parody of freeguild uniforms, dancers would become lethal spinning dolls with blades for limbs and edging their pretty dresses, artists would be spellcasters, attached to their easels and drawing spells to cast, musicians would ranged units, firing percussive blasts. Their Mortarch would be done in the style of the rat king from the nutcracker but actually be a reanimated warrior queen wearing the skeleton of a slain verminlord like a giant puppet costume.

This sounds like demented mixture of Dia De Los Muertos, Mardi Gras, Voodoo, and Sufi Dervishes....

I WANT IT!!!

• Like 1