The Rumour Thread

55 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am in a strange place as I love Warcry and Hashut and the Marshall is amazing... but I can't find Warcry opponents and I will only invest if the terrain and enemy unit are also for armies I play.

But I am weak and will fall for it no matter what.

I don’t even play sylvaneth but I’m planning to buy the Lady of Vines for a conversion. You’re not alone brother @Neverchosen, you’re not alone.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Mutton said:

My castle for a few DoK leaks.

I know right? Someone clearly has the book given that Draichi Ganeth Witch Aelf leak we saw, and the Nighthaunt book has been completely leaked already. What's the hold up? 😪

3 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

I know right? Someone clearly has the book given that Draichi Ganeth Witch Aelf leak we saw, and the Nighthaunt book has been completely leaked already. What's the hold up? 😪

I wish I had a reason to be as excited about the upcoming Daughters of Khaine tome as I am about Sylvaneth. These single hero releases are really brutal. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Excuse me for a minute, but I'm very sadIMG-20220507-WA0005.jpg.36242fa50572615c2eda1b1d94953998.jpg 

I understand the frustration about the lack of units but that’s actually a decent start to a Skaven army there. The hope for new Skaven minis now surely lies with warcry. 

I was more impressed with the previous show to be honest when it comes to new minis.

40k will get some disgusting and impressive at the same time for chaos.

Votan look far worse than Kharadron Overlords. I mean, they could be anything. Not just dwarfs. Not enough dwarf ornaments, beards and whatever.

The Necromunda team ensures me I'll never enter this game.

As for the AoS.

Deathmaster is a cool mini and at the same time it was the most disappointing reveal of the show. It's been 7 years since the release of AoS. In these 7 years Skaven haven't received any new troops, machines or monsters. They got what? 4 heroes on foot? I don't get it. Skaven are GW's original design and are by far the most neglected army up to date. As if GW was ashamed of them. They already should have half of their range updated.

Sylvaneth. My very first army I raised to 2000 points few years back. Now I have more than 3000 points and have fully painted every Sylvaneth unit available to them. Am I satisfied with the reveals? Sure I am! Each and every mini looks cool and will bring something interesting into the army. Half-tree half-elf riding a dragonfly? I'll take several boxes of these. One thing I really expect is the Wildwood rules to be finally fixed. One of the presenters told that Sylvaneth haven't been good in tournaments and this is about to change. I'll believe it when I see it.

As for the other reveals, well nothing special in particular. Good show but nothing more.

• Like 4

Thinking back on this whole Fest, the best bits have been the teases of things to come.

World Eaters, Cities of Sigmar, Warcry. The actual reveals have been so good though I've not really had time to appreciate the weight of those teases. 

Warcry may be my favourite though, non-Chaos warbands and now even allied monsters?! I'm sorry, but with how diverse the Chaos Warbands have been, can you imagine what kind of stuff we'll get for the other factions. 

I may well be getting my hopes up too much, but this could be an excuse to produce new Seraphon Warriors, Maneaters, Kurnothi! Can't wait to find out!

• LOVE IT! 3

34 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I understand the frustration about the lack of units but that’s actually a decent start to a Skaven army there. The hope for new Skaven minis now surely lies with warcry. 

If they were designing more miniatures, they would have been on the starterbox. And we know now that the centaur, the legionnaires and the horns of hashut are new warcry warbands to be released before winter, so, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

I was more impressed with the previous show to be honest when it comes to new minis.

40k will get some disgusting and impressive at the same time for chaos.

Votan look far worse than Kharadron Overlords. I mean, they could be anything. Not just dwarfs. Not enough dwarf ornaments, beards and whatever.

The Necromunda team ensures me I'll never enter this game.

As for the AoS.

Deathmaster is a cool mini and at the same time it was the most disappointing reveal of the show. It's been 7 years since the release of AoS. In these 7 years Skaven haven't received any new troops, machines or monsters. They got what? 4 heroes on foot? I don't get it. Skaven are GW's original design and are by far the most neglected army up to date. As if GW was ashamed of them. They already should have half of their range updated.

Sylvaneth. My very first army I raised to 2000 points few years back. Now I have more than 3000 points and have fully painted every Sylvaneth unit available to them. Am I satisfied with the reveals? Sure I am! Each and every mini looks cool and will bring something interesting into the army. Half-tree half-elf riding a dragonfly? I'll take several boxes of these. One thing I really expect is the Wildwood rules to be finally fixed. One of the presenters told that Sylvaneth haven't been good in tournaments and this is about to change. I'll believe it when I see it.

As for the other reveals, well nothing special in particular. Good show but nothing more.

Considering the article Necromunda squats are antoher thing from Votanns so at least there's still rooms for more dwarfiness,the Heartkyn warrior was nice.

I just hopes the votanns helmets will be more similar to Kharadron. 

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

9 hours ago, ÞórarinnSig said:

Gossamid Archers. More mortal wounds on 6´s. Whee.unknown.png?width=1025&height=676

I thought with the Nighthaunt Frightful Touch rule that maybe GW had learned a little about tying damage output entirely to MW's...Guess not, we're still doing this apparently. Everyone wants to have some way of bodyguarding their heroes nowadays or they just drop like flies.

Edited by Vastus
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

My biggest concern is that I think they're largely leaving the old Mesopotamian aesthetic behind, since the new models don't really match the Legion of Azgorh aesthetically.

I’m not so sure, the hobgrots have a vaguely Near Eastern feel to my eyes, and the Horns of Hashut bull masks come off as having a fantasy Moloch/Caanan inspiration. I think whatever we get will be more subtle than previous versions but I have faith that there’ll be something of a Mesopotamian flavour.

• Like 3

Appreciate this is a 40k point, but it's been noticed that some Forgeworld Tyranids kits have now been moved to the GW main site and labelled as advanced kits for experienced modellers. Could this be the start of rejigging of content to prep for Horus Heresy relaunch and/or The Old World?

1872901278_Screenshot_20220507-094209_SamsungInternet.jpg.6570132fa21f2d93f9484e8706287d85.jpg1221383208_Screenshot_20220507-094238_SamsungInternet.jpg.b6221a07d6820dc2998feef0374af31f.jpg824607347_Screenshot_20220507-094420_SamsungInternet.jpg.2f76e5d918dc6fe5f7e96ca1659f2266.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

Appreciate this is a 40k point, but it's been noticed that some Forgeworld Tyranids kits have now been moved to the GW main site and labelled as advanced kits for experienced modellers. Could this be the start of rejigging of content to prep for Horus Heresy relaunch and/or The Old World?

1872901278_Screenshot_20220507-094209_SamsungInternet.jpg.6570132fa21f2d93f9484e8706287d85.jpg1221383208_Screenshot_20220507-094238_SamsungInternet.jpg.b6221a07d6820dc2998feef0374af31f.jpg824607347_Screenshot_20220507-094420_SamsungInternet.jpg.2f76e5d918dc6fe5f7e96ca1659f2266.jpg

They did the same with the Tau release I think? Definitely did it with something before. 

Is this first dual box with that big models? Really suprised with Durthu in there, this could be easily another unit of tree revs or even new bug riders to insult skaven players even more 

Edited by Aleser
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Don't worry @Public Universal Duardin, I'm sure that GW is going to release new plastic chorfs soon. They've done too much teasing in both the lore and the actual game model wise at this point to not have something planned (the hobgrots alone nearly sent the community into a frenzy). My biggest concern is that I think they're largely leaving the old Mesopotamian aesthetic behind, since the new models don't really match the Legion of Azgorh aesthetically.

You're as wise as the bones of Khemri are restless, my friend! Maybe the enemy to Dawnbringers in next edition?

Although classic Sumerian big hats most likely will never return, I do think there are elements of the near east in the armour of Horns of Hashut.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2022 at 11:23 PM, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

My biggest concern is that I think they're largely leaving the old Mesopotamian aesthetic behind, since the new models don't really match the Legion of Azgorh aesthetically.

+++

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 2