The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Garxia said:

Warhammer Stormbringer (Warhammer Mortal Realms 2.0) now with Orruks.

https://www.warhammerstormbringer.com/

home-intro-army.png

That is a weird mix for order. I see Kharadron bottom left, upper left are some sylvaneth. Orruks have some SSquigs (in front of the ruin in the middle) as well as agargant, fanatics, the named trogg from underworlds and zarbags gits

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

who knows with the new BT...

It says they can 20 damage without the rider attacks, which is actually less than right now. 

4 fin attacks at 4 damage per and 2 bites at 3 damage per is 22 damage without the rider attacks. 

assuming top bracket. 

33 minutes ago, Charleston said:

That is a weird mix for order. I see Kharadron bottom left, upper left are some sylvaneth. Orruks have some SSquigs (in front of the ruin in the middle) as well as agargant, fanatics, the named trogg from underworlds and zarbags gits

The Underworld sets would also be in grey plastic, not the coloured they usually have, or is that standard for when you buy them off the webstore?

44 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

The Underworld sets would also be in grey plastic, not the coloured they usually have, or is that standard for when you buy them off the webstore?

Grey is standard for when they sell WHU warbands as AoS units through the webstore, so to speak. Without cards and whatnot. They did the same with some S2 warbands for Mortal Realms.

And cool, this should be an affordable way to get some more OOP WHU warbands, if I can rustle up some cards to print, as well as the old Beastgrave terrain. Also nice for oddball minis as painting projects: killaboss, gutrippas, goblapooza, maybe the megaboss… All the better that they’re pulling from several ranges.

EDIT: for those who are interested, Fauxhammer has a breakdown of the first few issues: https://www.fauxhammer.com/partworks-magazines/warhammer-stormbringer-new-aos-partworks-magazine-from-hachette/

1. Killaboss w. Stab-grot; Knight-Arcanum
  2. 10 Gutrippas
  3. 5 Vindictors
  4. Paints x4

Seems the whole premium add-on thing is happening again, where you pay more per issue but get additional minis down the line. In this case it'll be the fancy sprues from Dominion: Yndrasta/annihilators and the Gnashtooth Killaboss/murknob/boltboys.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Grey is standard for when they sell WHU warbands as AoS units through the webstore, so to speak. Without cards and whatnot. They did the same with some S2 warbands for Mortal Realms.

And cool, this should be an affordable way to get some more OOP WHU warbands, if I can rustle up some cards to print, as well as the old Beastgrave terrain. Also nice for oddball minis as painting projects: killaboss, gutrippas, goblapooza, maybe the megaboss… All the better that they’re pulling from several ranges.

EDIT: for those who are interested, Fauxhammer has a breakdown of the first few issues: https://www.fauxhammer.com/partworks-magazines/warhammer-stormbringer-new-aos-partworks-magazine-from-hachette/

1. Killaboss w. Stab-grot; Knight-Arcanum
  2. 10 Gutrippas
  3. 5 Vindictors
  4. Paints x4

Seems the whole premium add-on thing is happening again, where you pay more per issue but get additional minis down the line. In this case it'll be the fancy sprues from Dominion: Yndrasta/annihilators and the Gnashtooth Killaboss/murknob/boltboys.

what seems interesting from the premium minis is that this time are add ons to the factions present in the main collection (stormcast, kharadron, Gitz and Warclans), other collections gave you a taste of other factions that were not present.

Really liking the Stormbringer contents. The Stormcast and Orruk stuff gives me an idea what not to buy over the next few months, the Sylvaneth stuff should mix nicely with the Mortal Realms units, the Kharadon aren’t ideal but I own only the Underworlds warband for them so that’s fine. Can expand them later. Gloomspite looks like a good selection and the Gargant is a fun kit to get. Very much on board with this. Might even subscribe a second time for my niece

It seems much more liek a grab bag of stuff this time rather than focusing on the 2 major factions, how much that is a good thing is going to be a personal decision I think.

I think I have a pretty good list of everything in that picture and it feels quite similair to Mortal Realms which ended up awesome value over the whole run I thought. Not sure if I will sub, will probably just try to pick up issues here and there (but I think a lot of those will be pretty hard to get hold of before they get to ebay).

Does anyone know where the skull / crystal / bubbly mushroom terrain is from, I dont recognise it from an existing kit. Is it new?

51 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

It seems much more liek a grab bag of stuff this time rather than focusing on the 2 major factions, how much that is a good thing is going to be a personal decision I think.

I think I have a pretty good list of everything in that picture and it feels quite similair to Mortal Realms which ended up awesome value over the whole run I thought. Not sure if I will sub, will probably just try to pick up issues here and there (but I think a lot of those will be pretty hard to get hold of before they get to ebay).

Does anyone know where the skull / crystal / bubbly mushroom terrain is from, I dont recognise it from an existing kit. Is it new?

Beastgrave: Primal Lair

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Archibald said:

So Whitefang reacted to my comment, that the rumour engine reminds me of a GUOs tongue. 
So what do i do now exactly?😄

we wait until the reveal 😔

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Is this available in the UK!? It looks incredible!! 

you mean the US? these magazines are always available in the UK

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Archibald said:

So Whitefang reacted to my comment, that the rumour engine reminds me of a GUOs tongue. 
So what do i do now exactly?😄

New Magottkin of Nurgle battletome confirmed with new GUO remodel! Their tome is already 2 months old, more than enough time as passed for a update.

Edited by Arzalyn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 15

Don't forget the stormbringer magazine will only be a trial at this point, as it was for conquest, mortal realms and impurium. 

The first 4 issued will launch at certain locations in the UK and if enough are sold it will have a nationwide launch later in the year. 

If you subscribe you won't get anything straight away but if it gets the green light you'll get a letter saying so and normally a discount on the first couple of issues as a thank you for subscribing early. 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 1