The Rumour Thread

19 hours ago, EonChao said:

I'm honestly kind of wondering if similar to the possibility of Dwarf soup we've got Dark Elf soup coming, combining Idoneth, DoK and the Dark Eldar Cities kits. Har Kuron is specifically mentioned in the video and that seems like a reasonable way to start uniting them.

I can see DoKhaine being merged into whatever Malekith's lot are, but Idoneth just feel too distinctive visually and in lore to really soup well into that. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I can see DoKhaine being merged into whatever Malekith's lot are, but Idoneth just feel too distinctive visually and in lore to really soup well into that. 

Both armies are popular enough (if you look at player surveys and tournament stats) that GW can justify selling books for each. 

I don't think they want to soup armies where you can comfortably sell two books.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Durgin said:

subscribing monthly/yearly to the app, you'll get access to all the rules, battletomes, campaign and updates of that specific system plus the access to the armylist builder.

I'd object to 'renting' the rules. If I want rules for my faction I'll pay once to own them forever. I don't want to loose them when I stop paying. Like I buy music rather than subscribng to stream. If times get hard for me and I have to cut back financially I don't want at that point to loose all my music/rules/stuff that makes me happy.

I'll stop now, this has been done to death in other threads when the app came out and free warscrolls disappeared.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I'd object to 'renting' the rules. If I want rules for my faction I'll pay once to own them forever. I don't want to loose them when I stop paying. Like I buy music rather than subscribng to stream. If times get hard for me and I have to cut back financially I don't want at that point to loose all my music/rules/stuff that makes me happy.

I'll stop now, this has been done to death in other threads when the app came out and free warscrolls disappeared.

this is a good point indeed, in that case the physical option would be better for sure. But if I think about players that want to be always updated and maybe skip from faction to faction, a way to give them access to all the rules at a fair price would be interesting as well, imho ^-^

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

It’s funny how suddenly every faction is supposed to get merged without the slightest evidence.

calm down guys xD

I have seen the future, one day there will be a single army with no internal balance and the ability to run Coalition units of Space Marines. Pretty soon one by one each unit will be squatted until only the coalition remains. That is how we will get the new game system Age of Guilliman... you see Horusy Heresy provides too many non-space marine options. 

But in reality, I think it is not too hard to see why people suspect that the Dark version of Lumineth might be a soup army. As it will lead to an army led by dual gods in opposition to the gods of light/magic. Like the evidence is not directly textual or rumoured, as much as a sneaking suspicion that it would lead to a proper narrative and gameplay foil to the Lumineth. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I have seen the future, one day there will be a single army with no internal balance and the ability to run Coalition units of Space Marines. Pretty soon one by one each unit will be squatted until only the coalition remains. That is how we will get the new game system Age of Guilliman... you see Horusy Heresy provides too many non-space marine options. 

But in reality, I think it is not too hard to see why people suspect that the Dark version of Lumineth might be a soup army. As it will lead to an army led by dual gods in opposition to the gods of light/magic. Like the evidence is not directly textual or rumoured, as much as a sneaking suspicion that it would lead to a proper narrative and gameplay foil to the Lumineth. 

Yup to the dark mirror image suapicion. Been saying the same thing for months, because it would make sense. And since DOK already have a decent range of models they wouldn't even need to develop that many units for Malerion's gang. And we know that GW is just not into making units for AOS these days, with the Crossboos being the first new unit in about half a year. 

With that being said I would like for Morathi to stay on her own. 

• Like 2

What i would like to see is Malerions lot seconding a few units to DoK before their full release, cheekily giving them a slightly bigger release because they are shaky allies rather than one army, would be a big shame to cripple Morathis arc by putting her under her sons wing again, especially as the Alarielle the only other femme presenting god is so dependant on Sigmar right now.

I mean ideally id quite like for her to pull a Nagash and form her own Grand alliance so Order isnt twice the size of the others but thats less plausible :D

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

It’s funny how suddenly every faction is supposed to get merged without the slightest evidence.

calm down guys xD

The more likely scenario seems like double tome releases like we've seen in 40k. 40k, too, suffered delays and then GW pushed out several books in in a short period of time. 40k might have been (and still probably is) prioritised given it is a much bigger game but when you also consider the battle boxes of 40k they also lead to codex releases.

The wait is no fun but at some point we gotta stop acting all surprised and adjust expectations accordingly. We'll get there eventually. For now, I'm focusing my pile of unattended plastic crack.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

calm down guys xD

Daughters of Khaine just being the Witch Elves from Dark Elves split off and given a few more units/centrepiece is what makes me think they'll be souped, similar to how Mawtribes was just remerging the separated Ogre Kingdoms, Skaven bringing Pestilens back into the fold and Warclans bringing Savage Orcs and expanded Black Orcs (Ironjaws) together again.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Daughters of Khaine just being the Witch Elves from Dark Elves split off and given a few more units/centrepiece is what makes me think they'll be souped, similar to how Mawtribes was just remerging the separated Ogre Kingdoms, Skaven bringing Pestilens back into the fold and Warclans bringing Savage Orcs and expanded Black Orcs (Ironjaws) together again.

I mean the obvious difference is that DoK have thrived on their own, built out a wider model base and been a strong part of the evolving narrative. Ironjawz have also done reasonably well out of being split off but I don't know where else Bonesplitterz could have gone (aside from Legends ofc).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mojojojo101 said:

I mean the obvious difference is that DoK have thrived on their own, built out a wider model base and been a strong part of the evolving narrative. Ironjawz have also done reasonably well out of being split off but I don't know where else Bonesplitterz could have gone (aside from Legends ofc).

1 hour ago, mojojojo101 said:

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

New Yethi spotted in Blood Bowl:

51851003349_170246b8d4_c.jpg.c8f95e7139f50f83e488cce8a7dad20b.jpg

24 minutes ago, Still-young said:

51852138920_b92de41689_c.jpg51851809879_86f7b9d669_c.jpg

GW PLEASE MAKE NEW PLASTIC YEHTEES FOR AOS!! 

This bloke looks incredible and I'll definitely be picking one up. The Yehtee for Mawtribes is the mini besides the Butcher in most dire need of updating.

With the Kroxigor and Rat Ogor getting new sculpts for Blood Bowl and now the Yehtee, my hope is that GW has done other designs for AOS proper.

• Like 5