The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Public Universal Duardin is gone. She was weak and foolish, just like her armies. So I destroyed her.

Here for higher quality.

1454556314_Polish_20220104_182635518(1).jpg.3531805cc49318f27d13ca47e5ecea64.jpg

That looks suspiciously like a smile in the last picture, but the only permissable expressions for Lumineth are "Arrogant", "Aloof", "Stuck up", "Haughty" and "Dispassionate".

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

That looks suspiciously like a smile in the last picture, but the only permissable expressions for Lumineth are "Arrogant", "Aloof", "Stuck up", "Haughty" and "Dispassionate".

Ah, don' t be too harsh. She's new here. She'll find her way eventually, with a little guidance. But you seem to require said guidance as well, considering that you mistake 'thoughtful' for 'aloof', 'stern' for 'stuck up' and 'selfassured' for 'haughty'. The other two are fine. 

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Public Universal Duardin is gone. She was weak and foolish, just like her armies. So I destroyed her.

Here for higher quality.

1454556314_Polish_20220104_182635518(1).jpg.3531805cc49318f27d13ca47e5ecea64.jpg

Traitor.jpeg.ae7e7a451e395ca9b5d546e3aa690a05.jpegTRAITOR!

Back to Rumours
I am still hoping that we get some form of confirmation on the release of IDK and Fyreslayers books. I feel like the long awaited answers to our Dwarf Soup rumours is just on the horizon. I am still sad if all we get is a pair of infantry heroes but on the bright side the Aelf has an eel that seems ripe for some Critters and Keys conversions.

@KingBrodd I feel like we are not going to get all our Ogor Dreams fulfilled this summer. But I still have hopes for Broken Realms 2.0 the Ogors are back in Town!

I was also thinking of how wild it would be if Fyreslayers got a regular release and Idoneth were souped with Daughters of Khaine. But @novakai has me paranoid that 4Chan users simply look at these posts to create rumours that we in turn post back on these threads. So lets move on from hypoteheticals 😅

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/4/2022 at 5:26 AM, Neverchosen said:

That makes me sad I think they are one of the coolest armies in all of those systems. After Slaves to Darkness they are probably my favourite faction (alongside BCR and DOK), and if rumours are true and they get souped I am going to be in serious financial destress. I keep trying to tell myself I can go with just Dragon Ogors but I know if some of the other units get updated sculpts I will be all in. 
Beastgrave_Grashrak_M01.png

I wonder if Wheel of Time will increase their popularity, I personally spent the whole show referring to the villainous army as Beastmen.

I love this sculpt

• Like 1

So, since I vaguely recall someone suggesting that there wasn't enough (a)elf talk I'd like to give my two cents on the rumour of GW switching poster boy status to Lumineth: 

I personally do not see this happening. Although Lumineth got their infamous second wave and the tome includes plenty of design space for future growth (temples, nations, Tyrion) they do not receive any suspicious amount of additional support. There's still no Start Collecting box for Lumineth except the limited ones in form of the outdated launch box and the recent army box. Three other Order armies were or are going to be featured in dual army boxes, meaning Dominion and the upcoming #FyreVSWatyr. They also did not get any special edition or limited models for things like the Warhammer Plus launch or Game Days, holidays and such - I think these were one or two Stormcasts, a female vampire, two Ironjawz and the recent Gutrippa captain. Also there is no Tome Celestial for Lumineth; Soulblight Gravelords got one before them, although the army came out after Lumineth. 

From a lore perspective recent insights into Lumineth society painted them in an even less friendly way - I highly recommend reading the entry on Settler's Gain in the core book. 

And lastly: GW loves their big and bulky armor-clad humanoids on their promotional posters and plastic bags. I do not see them abandoning Stormcast Eternals in that regard. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Here for higher quality.

You're dead to me. May your ears get frostbite from the loneliness that is up there.

You realise the gravitational pull of the realms will make your face long and miserable, and when you do try to crack a smile you'll just look like a stretched bin liner.

9 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

xD

9 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Ah, don' t be too harsh. She's new here. She'll find her way eventually, with a little guidance. But you seem to require said guidance as well, considering that you mistake 'thoughtful' for 'aloof', 'stern' for 'stuck up' and 'selfassured' for 'haughty'. The other two are fine. 

You use a lot of words, which is a lot of effort for no reason.

All that can be said in one word and everyone will know what you mean...

"Elf".

*wanders off shaking head..

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Traitor.jpeg.ae7e7a451e395ca9b5d546e3aa690a05.jpegTRAITOR!

Back to Rumours
I am still hoping that we get some form of confirmation on the release of IDK and Fyreslayers books. I feel like the long awaited answers to our Dwarf Soup rumours is just on the horizon. I am still sad if all we get is a pair of infantry heroes but on the bright side the Aelf has an eel that seems ripe for some Critters and Keys conversions.

@KingBrodd I feel like we are not going to get all our Ogor Dreams fulfilled this summer. But I still have hopes for Broken Realms 2.0 the Ogors are back in Town!

I was also thinking of how wild it would be if Fyreslayers got a regular release and Idoneth were souped with Daughters of Khaine. But @novakai has me paranoid that 4Chan users simply look at these posts to create rumours that we in turn post back on these threads. So lets move on from hypoteheticals 😅

Finding out if Fyreslayers have their own Tome will be very important, I feel that with this boxed set there is a pretty good chance they will. 

In regards to Ogor Summer the new Butcher is one that is mentioned quite a bit and I think back to this RE.

HlaoJCMsypp3VxwW.jpg.598dbfd553ff2cad6104225af6c15669.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

So, since I vaguely recall someone suggesting that there wasn't enough (a)elf talk I'd like to give my two cents on the rumour of GW switching poster boy status to Lumineth: 

I personally do not see this happening. Although Lumineth got their infamous second wave and the tome includes plenty of design space for future growth (temples, nations, Tyrion) they do not receive any suspicious amount of additional support. There's still no Start Collecting box for Lumineth except the limited ones in form of the outdated launch box and the recent army box. Three other Order armies were or are going to be featured in dual army boxes, meaning Dominion and the upcoming #FyreVSWatyr. They also did not get any special edition or limited models for things like the Warhammer Plus launch or Game Days, holidays and such - I think these were one or two Stormcasts, a female vampire, two Ironjawz and the recent Gutrippa captain. Also there is no Tome Celestial for Lumineth; Soulblight Gravelords got one before them, although the army came out after Lumineth. 

From a lore perspective recent insights into Lumineth society painted them in an even less friendly way - I highly recommend reading the entry on Settler's Gain in the core book. 

And lastly: GW loves their big and bulky armor-clad humanoids on their promotional posters and plastic bags. I do not see them abandoning Stormcast Eternals in that regard. 

Not now, but maybe next edition. I dont see them as poster boys neither. They are really not begginer friendly from painting perspective.

11 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

That’s what kinda sold them to me. I wasn’t too big of a fan of them (thought them to be boring) until I realised that our *good* friend Teclis kinda f*‘d up again. Their perfection simply doesn’t know where to stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rachmani said:

That’s what kinda sold them to me. I wasn’t too big of a fan of them (thought them to be boring) until I realised that our *good* friend Teclis kinda f*‘d up again. Their perfection simply doesn’t know where to stop.

Lumineth Lore is tragic, scary and motivational all at once. I think they're easily one of if not the most complex Faction in the game!!

2 hours ago, Rachmani said:

I mean, Teclis messing up is a bit of a theme. The guy does that on very grand scale and has since the old world.

Which begs the question: Is Teclis secretly Skaven?

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aleser said:

Not now, but maybe next edition. I dont see them as poster boys neither. They are really not begginer friendly from painting perspective.

Indeed. I think that how hard they are to paint does determine support. As a starter faction, something one could dry-brush (hence armor), collect quickly (elite smaller armies), and have broad appeal (big stronk "good enough" heroes) makes the most sense (see space marines).

That said, the extent to which one pushes that faction over others is more controversial. Personally, I think both 40k and AoS have suffered from excessive concentration. I feel that, setting the discussion on what went wrong more generally aside, WHFB was better in that regard, with several "popular" factions (dwarves, empire, orcs).

My hopes for 2022:

1. Big monsters for IDK (crabs, kraken).
  2. Kurnothi (centaurs, satyrs).
  3. New "traditional" dwarves (within soup or not).
  4. Some cross-compatibility with TOW.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

My predictions for 2022 besides the things we already know:
1. Battletomes for IDK, Fyreslayers (soup), Sylvaneth, Gloomspite Gitz, Lumineth and Beastmen.
2. Beastmen models
3. Nighthaunt behemoth/monster
4. Kurnothi unit + monster
5. DoK + Skaven for the 2022 Underworlds starterbox

(Silent people and Chaos Duardin stay a myth)

Edited by Iksdee
  • Sad 1

I think there’s a lot of wishful thinking and that sets a lot of us up for disappointment, so here’s my 2 cents on what will happen:

- IDK will get their 1 new character and a new battletome, and FS will get their 1 new character and a new battletome. Both battletomes will be released either alongside or just after the battle box.

- FS and DOK will not get souped. Why? Because then they couldn’t sell 4 different books e.g. fyreslayers, cities of sigmar, dok, dark elf-ineth. There will be no souping.

- dark elf-ineth will not be called umbraneth. Why? Because the community invented it, and they can’t trademark it. They will be what Lumineth are to high elves and i wouldn’t be surprised if the darkling covens models are retired to make way.

- there will be no silent people models and there will be no dawnbringer crusades models. It’s just lore. SCE and CoS are the dawnbringer crusades models.

- no existing faction will get more than a new foot hero or a new WU warband. Majority of new kits will be reserved for dark elf-ineth, grungni dwarves or chaos dwarves, of which only one of these factions will appear this year, but all before the next edition.

- SCE will always be the poster boy of AOS. 

That’s my prediction.

Edited by Starfyre
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Finding out if Fyreslayers have their own Tome will be very important, I feel that with this boxed set there is a pretty good chance they will. 

In regards to Ogor Summer the new Butcher is one that is mentioned quite a bit and I think back to this RE.

HlaoJCMsypp3VxwW.jpg.598dbfd553ff2cad6104225af6c15669.jpg

Seems more a Sigmarite Hunter considering the wooden pikes hanging.

1 minute ago, Arzalyn said:

Looks like the AoS mini will be a Chaos Sorcerer Lord, judging by the chaos symbol above his head. Also, isn't the staff a old chaos rumor enginee with the demon face?

RbjogXoQbYZ2P2hv.jpg

Sem título.png

Ok I'm calling it now. That thing about Malerion going over to chaos wasn't a mistake. It's true and this model is a chaos Aelf from Malerion's faction. 

• LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Ok I'm calling it now. That thing about Malerion going over to chaos wasn't a mistake. It's true and this model is a chaos Aelf from Malerion's faction. 

Those are the new subscription models for Warhammer+. Wont be anything special, just an alternate model for a sorcerer imo. I'd be suprised if its an aelf.

Edited by Iksdee

1 minute ago, Iksdee said:

Those are the new subscription models for Warhammer+. Wont be anything special, just an alternate model for a sorcerer imo.

Yes an alternate model for the chaos Aelves of Malerion which are coming out this summer. The 40k model is a new Chaos Marine which also ties into this year's new releases. (Allow a guy a little blind optimism).