The Rumour Thread

29 minutes ago, Copywolf said:

So I got some rumors from someone on Reddit who got these from 4chan (so the usual grain of salt).  Based on this, it's possible they get more given the mention of crabs.  What's interesting is Bonereapers in January which we haven't heard much of.  Although maybe they teased the AoS box early to have a box for both mainline games shown?

1640635771934.jpg

I just dont believe Silent People will be Death. To be fair we know basically nothing about them but they just scream Destruction to me, though Setient Roach swarms sounds incredible and if so would definitely be my first Death army.

OBR in January would be out of nowhere, though I also wouldnt be surprised if they did announce this Battlebox this early in advance because of the lack of AOS content at the moment and this far into 3.0 without any hype.

Ogor Summer is something I've heard repeatedly and I truly hope is true. I would love if we get a range refresh but with Rumour that it's just an updated Butcher I'll keep my hype low.

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Well, that was disappointing. Just two foot heroes, while 40k got two foot heroes plus three new units, if I'm not mistaken. No mount, no rune anvil, no crabs. Just two fairly underwhelming hero models that no one really asked for. 

If Slayers get a new tome they will not get souped until maybe next edition, which, by this point, is their only meaningful chance of being expanded upon. And Idoneth's chances look even slimmer. 

I held in my heart hope, for if you could hold in your heart the youthful joy for all thing elves, then maybe today wasn't as dark as it became to be. To see our friends from the sea, whose love for seafood rivalled only by their mirth towards Idoneth, sing songs of lamentations was hard enough. But I wanted to believe. Believe that the man who exemplifies the virtues of the aelven kin would look at his seaside cousins, and break a smile. But alas, not even a scowling eel could bring you into a merry mood.

As I write this I slump in my chair, in despair. I had expected those of duardin disposition harden their hearts, miniatures our ur-gold, aethergold, gromril. Our visions blurred from greed. I could see those belonging to the deepkin gaze towards Games Workshop with contempt, their fates a tragedy mirroring the fate of their beloved painted army men - betrayed and cast aside, their destiny bleak and their hearts growing cold. But when even the mighty casting their lot among the Lumineth - those who were supposed to be the purest of us - scowl, then truly all is lost.

My hands shake. My laptop slumps on the floor. I weep, for the first time in a lifetime.

And in the distance, dark gods of disappointing battle boxes laugh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

I guess if you guys want some false hope, the AoS releases are sort of mirror the initial 40K release

The first non Imperium/ SM 40K codex was Nurgle Deathguard who only got a hero model

The first AoS battletome outside of Dominion was Maggotkin of Nurgle who only got a hero model

the next 40K release was piety and pain which puts the galactic space raiding pointy ear Drukhari vs the mostly mono gender religious devoted Sister of battle both getting one hero model

The next AoS release is Fury of the Deep which puts the deep sea raiding pointy ear Idoneath Deepkin vs the all mono gender religious devoted Fyreslayer both getting one hero model

later on in 40K, Sister of battle got a second wave with Nundam, shield Nuns, and a tank. Drukhari got no new kits other then Hexspear but was bless with a 70% win rate in the meta

in conclusion, Fyreslayers gets a second wave with Dwarf Gundams, shield dorf, and a fire truck, Deepkin only get the Thrallmaster but tear through the meta and replacing Realmlords as the top pointy Aelf race ( In your face Teclis)

Edited by novakai
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The copium argument is that new models are coming, but GW want to sell existing stock first (like the Slaanesh box that had a new hero + old sculpts).

In favour you have the fact that aos has not yet had a major release to follow up on the launch. That they mentioned more news to come and they didn't flat out say there would be nothing else on fb.

This would allow them to reveal some new aos models on New Year.

But I think we all know this is quite unlikely. 

The red pill is that two unpopular armies got tossed in a box to try and shift some existing stock. Generic foot heroes are the cheapest form of model support you can give and it probably took a junior designer all of half a day to ctrl x ctrl v some existing assets together.

Both armies get a book and then forgotten about until maybe soup in 4th.

Btw i read this in the article:

You’ll be able to start playing right out of the box, with a 56-page version of the Core Book.

so.....i wish be free but with gw we know we gonna pay more than standar 140€ for this box due to this core book?

damm i dont want core rules book, there is a reason that i sold the core book of dominion and now pretty sure we gonna get this box at 160€ only due to this corebook when nobody getting the box wants it and gonna have to pay for it

Do the Idoneth need that much stuff? Need as in „need because the range is sh*t“ not „need because more is better“.

Imo what they first and foremost need is a book with better internal (and somewhar external) balance. Should they get that they’d be a great army.

Now, do I think they *should* get some more units? Absolutely, but if the book is good and all they get is a giant crab as a fighting monster… I think nobody would complain.

They fyreslayers on the other hand have such a small range, I have no idea how to fix them apart from souping them.

Edited by Rachmani

IDK really could've used a hero on eel, then that'd be decent. No more walking baldies. As for units, I'd expect with the meme crab popularity that IDK will get more crabs down the line. That or an elite infantry battleline option to round out the roster.

Fyreslayers, is euthanasia an option?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Okay consipracy/guess on what the next books after idoneth and fyreslayers will be. 

wKulTiS1uRTRbnXZ-1060x1060.jpg.284f894ba3868179f61b4d6cd909147f.jpg

So GW posted this on the community site as a way to randomly decide your next army. Now normally I would ignore this and say it's just typical marketing ****** but 4 out of the 6 armies are the armies that either have gotten battletomes or are in the new box and will almost certainly get a new battletome. This leads me to speculate that the next two books will be the other 2 armies on this chart, namely OBR and KO. These two armies could definitely both use a new books and would not be completely out of the question. What do you guys think?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Doko said:

Btw i read this in the article:

You’ll be able to start playing right out of the box, with a 56-page version of the Core Book.

so.....i wish be free but with gw we know we gonna pay more than standar 140€ for this box due to this core book?

damm i dont want core rules book, there is a reason that i sold the core book of dominion and now pretty sure we gonna get this box at 160€ only due to this corebook when nobody getting the box wants it and gonna have to pay for it

Don't understand this argument at all and we see plenty of it. These boxes are designed for people starting a new faction and people looking to add to their standing army albeit usually just from a completionist perspective.

These now actually cater to new players as they're somewhat advertised to do. I havent played since 3.0 but now could buy this box with a friend have a small force each plus the rules I need and be back in the game!. I really don't need a huge rulebook and matched play rules etc.

In fact these are two of my favourite factions aesthetically ( I know shoot me!)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

IDK really could've used a hero on eel, then that'd be decent. No more walking baldies. As for units, I'd expect with the meme crab popularity that IDK will get more crabs down the line. That or an elite infantry battleline option to round out the roster.

Fyreslayers, is euthanasia an option?

I think that what the Akhelian King role is a mobile mount hero that gives buff to faster units like Eels

16 minutes ago, idn0971 said:

Okay consipracy/guess on what the next books after idoneth and fyreslayers will be. 

So GW posted this on the community site as a way to randomly decide your next army. Now normally I would ignore this and say it's just typical marketing ****** but 4 out of the 6 armies are the armies that either have gotten battletomes or are in the new box and will almost certainly get a new battletome. This leads me to speculate that the next two books will be the other 2 armies on this chart, namely OBR and KO. These two armies could definitely both use a new books and would not be completely out of the question. What do you guys think?

I've got really excites after reading this. Maybe a new battlebox wirh OSB vs KO with 2-3 new units as a second wave?

It could just be a hero, but lDK and Fyrestunties already got hit by that...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I just dont believe Silent People will be Death. To be fair we know basically nothing about them but they just scream Destruction to me, though Setient Roach swarms sounds incredible and if so would definitely be my first Death army.

OBR in January would be out of nowhere, though I also wouldnt be surprised if they did announce this Battlebox this early in advance because of the lack of AOS content at the moment and this far into 3.0 without any hype.

Ogor Summer is something I've heard repeatedly and I truly hope is true. I would love if we get a range refresh but with Rumour that it's just an updated Butcher I'll keep my hype low.

malerion moved to Q1 2023 would be so sad. I hoped that maybe it would be Q3 Q4 2022

7 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I might just skip the rest of this edition and go play 40k for a bit. The new Eldar and chaos stuff coming up seems a lot more exciting.

The last thing I need for my Idoneth is a random foot hero. I've already got 4 random foot heroes that don't see much play.

Eh, with a new scroll including 2” reach Thralls could be super interesting.  IDK needs some rules love, but I think the best play style is a mixed arms force.  I’d just say don’t write IDK off if you play it. The new book could open up the army a bit.  

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I've got really excites after reading this. Maybe a new battlebox wirh OSB vs KO with 2-3 new units as a second wave?

1 hour ago, idn0971 said:

I surely hope so!! OBR are almost surely getting at least Mortek Archers so that's a plus and if KO get another unit or ship thatd be awesome!!

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Considering that fyreslayers aren't in the list, I fear that with KO there it could mean they are truly souped together in a Duardin battletome. Really hope it isn't the case!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Copywolf said:

So I got some rumors from someone on Reddit who got these from 4chan (so the usual grain of salt).  Based on this, it's possible they get more given the mention of crabs.  What's interesting is Bonereapers in January which we haven't heard much of.  Although maybe they teased the AoS box early to have a box for both mainline games shown?

1640635771934.jpg

I am liking what I am hearing but Beasts and Slaves to Darkness combined is going to be a fairly costly investment. Also I will be forced to make the toughest choice I ever have in this hobby Dragon Ogors or Varanguard.

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

I am liking what I am hearing but Beasts and Slaves to Darkness combined is going to be a fairly costly investment. Also I will be forced to make the toughest choice I ever have in this hobby Dragon Ogors or Varanguard.

you know i think that rumor was just one of your ramblings on this thread and someone just repost it on TG along with Whitefang's Battlebox rumor

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

you know i think that rumor was just one of your ramblings on this thread and someone just repost it on TG along with Whitefang's Battlebox rumor

That is a good way to tell if someone is lying. If I said it and it gets turned into a rumour than it is definitely fake.

I guess that is bad news for Chaos Dwarves and Vampirates! 😢

3 hours ago, Rachmani said:

Do the Idoneth need that much stuff? Need as in „need because the range is sh*t“ not „need because more is better“.

No one really needs anything in that sense. Each army is functional regardless of unit choice.

In terms of what we'd want?

Literally anything other than a generic bald foot hero with a 6' inch move for the fastest army in the game. We don't even get a new sea creature, just the runt eel.

What could you do with idoneth?

A giant crab with/ without riders. 

A giant octopus/ squid.

Mantaray type monsters.

Hammerhead shark type monsters.

A whale like creature. 

Weird mutated deepkin (think Lovecraftian deep ones).

Even if we were going to get a foot hero we could have got an Ishrann Embaillor (a unit heavily featured in lore but with no model).

They could have at least given us a female sculpt so this new character doesn't look like a ****** mash up. It's like they used assets from the guy riding the turtle, the akhelian king and then put part of a soulrenders hat on him. Which is probably what they did.

They literally did the worst thing they could do other than just squatting the faction and releasing no models.

• Thanks 2