The Rumour Thread

I'm going to laugh so hard if this announcement about an update coming this week is just a setup to reveal they have delayed it. Like, that would be the most GW move ever, especially after weeks of refusing to offer any clarity on if the update was even still coming in the month they told us it would be in. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/19/classic-middle-earth-miniatures-make-their-return-to-celebrate-a-movie-milestone/
It is so crazy to see this as that means that I started playing 20 years ago. I got into the hobby just before the LOTR line was released and I remember getting a promo Uruk-hai and giving it to my brother to paint. I also loved the LOTR game so much and still think it is the best system GW created. I don't play it currently despite being a huge Tolkien fan, because I enjoy the freedom of imagination of Age of Sigmar. I also always felt sad that the Middle Earth models were based on the film likenesses despite great designs they did not always follow the source material. But I am still always tempted to revisit that system and my favourite fictional setting... I just know that if I started a small collection it would end up being a customized version of a first age or second age force and I would spend more than I have on Aos. 

So the good news is that Monday Model is from a core game... bad news is that it is a boring old Space marine:
AVt570JVZnsxmU9d.jpg

Seriously how can they not have had every weapon load out for Space marine Characters yet? Or is this a named character variant either way I thought someone told me that we were through all the Space Marine Codexes by now... maybe it is a Chaos Space Marine or 30k related? 😐

I was in the hobby or at least enjoyed reading White Dwarf for a year or two before LOTR but it was my main driving force into GW and indeed Warhammer. I absolutely loved it and was and still is the only GW ruleset I ended up learning and taking interest in. It just played and worked so simply yet effectively. 

I also agree on the Space Marine angle.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jaskier said:

I'm going to laugh so hard if this announcement about an update coming this week is just a setup to reveal they have delayed it. Like, that would be the most GW move ever, especially after weeks of refusing to offer any clarity on if the update was even still coming in the month they told us it would be in. 

I bet they’re going to release a teaser that goes along the lines of “we’ve heard a ton of community feedback, and we are delighted to say that we’ve made some much needed improvements to one of the most request units: Slaangors” 

This gets everyone hyped, and when the update drops it’s revealed that they buff their bravery by +1, with some designer commentary stating that the issue isn’t that they hit like a sack of wet tissue paper, it’s that they’re just not brave enough to take on the pain they’re gonna suffer in return because of how much they suck! This is followed by another point increase for Slaanesh, with the removal of some of their abilities (no longer able to take Lurid Haze, etc.) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'll say this, this is the classic GW I grew up with, and I'm happy to say that even after 20 years nothing's changed. They walk in the room, mention what a big delicious cake they've got cooking in the oven, and ask us to wait til 6. Now it's 6:54, you've waited a couple hours, and all you hear coming from the other room are crashing pans and occasional sobs from the interns.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

4 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

The most GW thing ever would be to release it on the 24th and break something fundamental about the game in the meantime, like last time when they allowed ward stacking...then go on vacation for two weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

This is 100% what I expect to happen 

Same here but hopefully without the breaking. 

8 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

I bet they’re going to release a teaser that goes along the lines of “we’ve heard a ton of community feedback, and we are delighted to say that we’ve made some much needed improvements to one of the most request units: Slaangors” 

This gets everyone hyped, and when the update drops it’s revealed that they buff their bravery by +1, with some designer commentary stating that the issue isn’t that they hit like a sack of wet tissue paper, it’s that they’re just not brave enough to take on the pain they’re gonna suffer in return because of how much they suck! This is followed by another point increase for Slaanesh, with the removal of some of their abilities (no longer able to take Lurid Haze, etc.) 

It's funny, because it's true XD

39 minutes ago, novakai said:

I dislike these words one, Engine are suppose to tease models not make us read 40K poetry

I've got a rumour for you: GW doesn't have enough different models to fill 24 days of rumour engines.

EDIT: Don't be sad, guys. It just means that they can't fill 24 days with snippets of the upcoming Eldar/CSM releases without, like, just showing off the new models in their entirety. Remember, they are saving a bunch of stuff for the Christmas/New Years previews. We will probably see some Fyreslayers, Idoneth or Nighthaunt then.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I would love if this hinted at Nighthaunt and the last few days the Engine turned ethereal and ghostly:

qrxOMvHHZFSSlXLH.jpg

You'd surely love that, but in the grimdark barren wasteland of December there's only 40k. 

Apart from that it doesn't sound much like Nighthaunt to foil a darker fate, does it? This snippet is probably about something Iyanden-related.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Surely, at this point even Space Marine players must feel it's kind of getting too much.

I mean Marine player do want more load out options for the new Primaris range, it more like most every army don’t get even that to their amount of options and choices either.

edit: having options and models is  always nice regardless of bloat

4 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

You'd surely love that, but in the grimdark barren wasteland of December there's only 40k. 

Apart from that it doesn't sound much like Nighthaunt to foil a darker fate, does it? This snippet is probably about something Iyanden-related.

there is an Eldar rune visible in the background

Edited by novakai

6 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:
5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

With expansions!!!! Best news of the year. 

Well if THAT isn't a late gift of Grandfather Nurgle !

So we kind of know at least one of the expansions (the one surely including Radukar the Beast), but I absolutely want to see new Adventurers like those in BSF : Escalation !

Edited by HorticulusTGA