The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

New Gotrek audio drama and new book, Ghoulslayer on the way

Hahaha, to be honest I like that they brought back Gotrek, I mean it's soo over the top even for the AoS world, but it feels a bit tongue in cheek by GW like "we know this is just silly but hey, nothing is impossible and we mean it!" :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Links for the unaware

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/01/black-library-live-the-reveals/

Also new Gotrek model! Which has a seriously awesome beard!

Ah nice, the article wasn't up when the pictures appeared from the open day with the new books!

The new model is great. I'm still leaning to the opinion that the Gotrek audio, whilst great in production value, was the wrong move for AoS but that model is so damn nice. I'm hoping its cheap enough/not limited edition so I can buy a couple. That base is amazing and I want to use it for my own dwarven lord.

1 minute ago, Bjornas said:

Hahaha, to be honest I like that they brought back Gotrek, I mean it's soo over the top even for the AoS world, but it feels a bit tongue in cheek by GW like "we know this is just silly but hey, nothing is impossible and we mean it!" :D

Thing is the original series is also a fantastic whistle-stop tour of most of the Old World. If you follow the old stories you meet most of the old factions, tour most of the old realms and see most places and get a flavour for them. It's a very smart bit of marketing to basically use two characters (Gotrek and Felix) to tour their world and introduce things. 

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Thing is the original series is also a fantastic whistle-stop tour of most of the Old World. If you follow the old stories you meet most of the old factions, tour most of the old realms and see most places and get a flavour for them. It's a very smart bit of marketing to basically use two characters (Gotrek and Felix) to tour their world and introduce things. 

Yeah and a good bit of nostalgia too!

1 minute ago, Kirjava13 said:

That base is racist-offensive, yes-yes.

No no it is the dead-murdered rats who failed the great Horned One! Who conspired against the great-masterful Thanqoul! Yes yes only the great Thanquol would be cunning-smart enough to use his own greatest nemesis against those skaven who would plot against him!

1 minute ago, novakai said:

well at least it, they didn't use an Ork head this time around as they did on the last two stormcast models

Don't worry 1 in 5 Khinerai flies around with a stormcast helmet on their hip. He might be a master of many things but his legions are not masters of the skies ;)

25 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

That base is racist-offensive, yes-yes.

23 minutes ago, Overread said:

No no it is the dead-murdered rats who failed the great Horned One! Who conspired against the great-masterful Thanqoul! Yes yes only the great Thanquol would be cunning-smart enough to use his own greatest nemesis against those skaven who would plot against him!

Probably the rats that thanqoul murdered with his magic.

and well Gotrak just was there and thought it would look cool to stand upon dead rats😂

30 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Look at that sassy pose from the Idoneth. Less like Akhelian King, more like Yass Queen.

The art reminded me instantly of Malus Darkblade, or of a Drukhari warlord.  I really like how it took those ideas and then added bright colors, what a great contrast.

Just popping in to say that I love the new warband's look. It's the first Warcry set that I really like (although the Untamed Beasts are OK and there are a couple of great models in the snake one, imo). I can only hope that it will be cheap enough for me to pick up some spares as there are a ton of parts on those models that I want to steal for conversions. 

The Gotrek model is nothing short of stunning. I really am not a fan of Dwarfs, and the only Warhammer dwarf that I've ever really been fond of was my Ironbreaker and my wife's Runepriest from Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (RIP Grumpbot and Abbess). And yet I immediately want that Gotrek model. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, michu said:

Do you think he could be Volturnos before losing eye?

EDIT: We finally have Brian Blessed shouting "GOTREK'S ALIVE !!!".

Don't think so? Could be wrong but I think volturnos would have his special sword and deep mare mount in the picture. I think this is probably one of the thousands of smug aelves.

1 minute ago, DinoTitanedition said:

Why do Idoneth have noses, when they live under water?

Cause they weren't born there they sort of emigrated. In fact you could call them an invasive species of the deep seas. That said they've not been long at it and magic means that they've not had to learn how to move their noses onto their foreheads like dolphins.

• Like 1