The Rumour Thread

Im sooo dissapointed by slanesh release

I was totally sure that when slanesh would get a release it would be a dual or triple release. Slanesh+ ynnari/eldar renew. Or slanesh+tyrion/high elves massive release . Even with a huge dual box like we have seen lately.

Only a simple slanesh release is sooo bland. How did slanesh scaped but we get nothing about his jailors?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

4 hours ago, rattila said:

So, rumor engine recap !

What are your toughts?

1944707785_RumorEngine05-04-2019.jpg.49493675f7d0fc4a99d70f27da22194c.jpg

I agree with your guesses for the first two rows.

Some of the "green box" row  are likely to be Primaris Marines IMHO.

And you missed out this ghosty one:

2019-04-09.jpg

https://warbosskurgan.blogspot.com/p/rumour-engines.html#unsolved

Edited by WarbossKurgan
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WarbossKurgan said:

Ummm... It hasn't happened yet!

Yep, and we don't know if Slaanesh will actually escape or is it just increase of their followers activity. They finally found out where the Dark Prince is imprisoned and they try to invade Ulgu (or Hysh, both realms work). Next main battletomes (not the "Endless Spells and Terrain" ones) may be Shadow and/or Light Aelves. We still don't know.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think that we will see Malerion Aelves at the seminar since it seems that Slaanesh is "not a big deal" everybody was expecting, with his great event similar to Soul Wars and stuff. Just a "next army release" and if that's all they had to show with Slaanesh at the last preview - a weak release compared to 3 other chaos gods. It may turn out that Malerion will be the star of AoS 2019, like Idoneth and Kharadrons were of the previous years. 

4 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I'm starting to think that we will see Malerion Aelves at the seminar since it seems that Slaanesh is "not a big deal" everybody was expecting, with his great event similar to Soul Wars and stuff. Just a "next army release" and if that's all they had to show with Slaanesh at the last preview - a weak release compared to 3 other chaos gods. It may turn out that Malerion will be the star of AoS 2019, like Idoneth and Kharadrons were of the previous years. 

😂😂😂 not sure why people keep saying this - gw confirmed at the seminar that not all the models were shown in the reveals vid/pics. Far from guarantees mortals or slaangors however, could just be referring to a named kos and herald for example. 

7 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

The "Chaos?" one look like a figure that would be on a warmachine/ship.

Maybe something piratish from malerion army?

Pretty sure (99.9%) it's gonna be a generic chaos sorcerer as their backpacks looked exactly like this. My personal guess is an update of the sculpt they used as Sindri Myr, as people loved that character back in the "dawn of war" era.

image.png.ed8974f1dc93be74b7edde55011c5de0.png

Edited by MitGas
Added pic found in google
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aryann said:

I'm starting to think that we will see Malerion Aelves at the seminar since it seems that Slaanesh is "not a big deal" everybody was expecting, with his great event similar to Soul Wars and stuff.

To be fair, that was purely fan-generated hype and speculation. And it never made a lot of sense that GW would do a massive, game changing event so soon after Soul Wars.

Personally I’m thinking the seminar will preview a new battletome, the rest (if there is any) of Slaanesh, Looncurse and some more Warcry. And an army reveal video that doesn’t actually reveal anything.

• Like 7

Really excited that the Fest seminar's are up!  We've quite a decent amount of AoS content in there (I want to do them all!).

On the subject of the Warcry seminar I'd advise caution* - it's a seminar with two of the 'Eavy Metal painters about how they came up with some of the colour schemes and thoughts behind it, it's not going to be a "this is how you paint warband X".  It does imply though that we'll have at least seen what the factions are by then though (even if that's not until the preview).

What I think is interesting is the seminar on paints - heavily suggesting that the 50 Shades of Grey is actually an expansion/change to the paint range (hopefully accommodating many of the old Forge World paints).

* does my best Treguard voice 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Lots of things I’d like to attend. But I’m across the pond and ge doesn’t do fun stuff in the US lol

Hang on... you've just had the LVO and Adepticon! I know what you mean but it's great that GW are supporting such big events and you get to see some cool stuff first as well. ;) 

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

What I think is interesting is the seminar on paints - heavily suggesting that the 50 Shades of Grey is actually an expansion/change to the paint range (hopefully accommodating many of the old Forge World paints).

It's certainly looking like that. I spoke to the paint wizard at GW last year at the Age of Sigmar Open Day and he really knows his stuff. 

16 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

So Slaanesh and Warcry between now and May ? HEAVEN (I mean, HELL !)

I think we will see Slaanesh over the next few weeks, so I would say just before or on Warhammer Fest. I think Warcry will be around July as the summer release (so boxed game and the warbands over the summer

---

Looking at the Seminars that are on show, it looks like it's going to be a very interesting reveal day (plus there are some good things on show) - https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/WHFest2019_SeminarsDownload.pdf

I would say if anybody is going, ignore the reveal seminars (you will see those on the community site), but go to the others. For example, the Age of Sigmar Rules seminar on Saturday should be good and would give people a chance to give some constructive feedback but I would recommend waiting to hear what the folks say first about the design process. It's all well steamrollering in with your ideas but there may be a reason why GW do it a certain way ;) 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, carnith said:

The cloth patchwork with face is probably new fabius bile. He has a face on his cloak

You know who else wears flayed skin with a face on it?

Heinrich Kemmler.

He died in the End Times, but not before pledging allegiance to Chaos over Nagash, and there's a few Chaos champions from the World That Was who've turned up in the Mortal Realms...

I for one would love a Death faction led by the Lichemaster in defiance of Nagash.

• Like 1