The Rumour Thread

A second guess at the new rumour engine, could it be one of  those strange Slaaneshi Daemon push up bras that are part armour/prt corset/part piercing?

As fun as the rumour engine is, I'd love if the answers were a month at most apart form release, And also with a rumour answer post of the community site every so often. 

Edited by Kronos

On 10/17/2018 at 4:00 PM, Double Misfire said:

Return? He never had a model (and never had rules in WFB, only ever 2nd ed 40k) ;) 

I was actually thinking of fluff & of bringing such an iconic character into AoS. I knew he never had rules in WFB, but he was "famous" non the less.

7 hours ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

Me too.  When Moonclan arrive I’m immediately collecting them. No ifs, ands or buts.

Same here! That is one army i'll play even if they're horrible. Really, I just want some new plastic squig models, and maybe a decent troll.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sev said:

?

Can you let us know which ones? :D

The Soul War cards are pretty wrong too. They were built with the idea to be used in the box like the Sequitors having one great hammer every 3 models instead of 2 every 5. Basically outdated as soon as the battletome came out (2 weeks difference?)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lernaean said:

I still hope for Slaanesh mortals and/or beasts.

I believe that KoS dual kit is a given, and we’ve already seen the fiend.

For sure man.

The other 3 gods have mortals so I'd hope Slaanesh doesn't get left out.

If anything the Slaanesh mortals could be the most interesting. I imagine a bunch of good looking, drugged up party animals. The Jersey Shore of the Chaos crew. Stahp it Ron.

Edited by 123lac

99560201020_Vorgaroth01.jpg.0af2f071bac6014f49ae48de2369e686.jpg

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Vorgaroth-the-Scarred-and-Skalok-the-Skull-Host-of-Khorne-2018

He's up for preorder, priced lower than I expected to be honest. I love the dragon but the rider is doing little for me and clocking in at 1200!!! points there is the comparison to be made where two Magmadragons would put him down with ease.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads//Vorgaroth_and_Skalok_Warscroll.pdf

Edited by Melcavuk
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

Hey don't quote me on this, but about a month ago I heard some stuff about a giant centipede for moonclan from a store owner in denver(maybe it was just a repeat of other rumors, but this guy was spot on for deepkin stuff). only posting nw do to recent rumor mills.

Remember the difference between your average GW store owner and your average GW fan is that the store owner gets paid a salary by GW. Otherwise they don't get that much advanced warning on up coming releases and many are not as "clued into" the rumour mill as many die-hard players are. So they've no real capacity to spread rumours aside from when a release is very very close to being a reality. Plus they are under contract and don't want to risk it so even if they knew stuff, most wouldn't want to let on and risk it being spotted.

Also I really hope the person who made Vorgaroth  is now working on another dragon! That is an outstanding dragon model! I really look forward to seeing more such mighty beasts! 

Edited by Overread

Gonna be honest here, I think this model sucks. Skull Acne is back and worse than ever, the back legs are entirely static, and the rider looks like a badly converted Slaughterpriest who was dipped in hot glue.

Add to that the sheer nothingness of his Lore (much power, many skulls) and ridiculously OP rules (12 attacks on the rider alone and a-3 to cast???) and you‘ve got a model that I hope I never have the displeasure of seeing or facing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Not so many people play 2500 pts games and even then it eats almost half of your points. Fielding it in 2000 pts games won't leave enough points for good army. It's rather a collection piece or for narrative games.

Edited by michu