The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, youngSkywalker said:

And you will wait for an eternity as there are no such things as skaven. Didn't you read the posters, telling us not to worry about the child tales about mansized ratman. ?

on Greenskins: would be more than funny if Orktober turnes out to be both for Aos and 40k, with Space orcs only getting the speedfreaks box for now ^^.

And misinformation kills-kills Yes-yes

i know-see everything.?

And yeah it would have been great sadly though for some reason the Orktober was reserved for only 40k?

Edited by Skreech Verminking

17 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Honestly, I thought Orktober would be both 40k and AoS. The poster gives me hope but I feel things are going to need to speed up if we're going to be seeing a lot of both 40k and AoS releases this month.

Given that the earliest Ork release is not until the 27, I doubt that it going to happen this month. the AoS release would have to be in November at this point in time

They can release stuff whenever they want. The whole moonclan range could release in like two weeks if they wanted. Stuff gets made without specific release dates in mind (maybe approx quarter dates etc) and then the schedule gets drawn up based on best financial returns, ensuring a steady flow etc. 

Why do you think Underworlds, Wrath and Rapture and the recent 40k battle boxes like tooth and claw are coming out now? They all make good Xmas stock options. Whereas army releases like custodes, Tzeentch, deepkin are designed to boost end of year financials. GW increased profits and stock market success comes down in large to successful release structuring. Its also why people like LLV can be very accurate about what's in development / ready to go without being clear about when it will ship. 

November isn't a good time to release an army. Feel free to come back and laugh if I'm wrong because I'd love to be wrong. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I for one hope we do not get a soup tome for all greenskins. 

I find this idea very lazy and to be honest a bit of a slap in the face when I look over at Order or Chaos. 

These two Alliances have a plethora of options and fleshed out factions. There's no reason, lets say Ironjawz, should not get the same level of attention.

I'd much rather prefer something unique to the alliance in the form of limitless allies amongst race or something along those lines. 

On the other hand, If a soup tome does drop, i hope its in the form of a bandaid/supplement and not the only way going forward with Greenskins. 

This is not the cheapest nor just a pick up and play hobby like a video game so as a Destro and Death fan I'm hoping we don't fall too far behind or not get the same kind of attention Order and Chaos do. Its a bit of a slap to face as a paying customer/fan.

I've stated before that not every release needs a shiny new tome or a campaign. There's no reason a new unit, hero, monster or just updated sculpt cant just drop on its own from time to time. 

GW is doing a great job with AoS! Just want them to know we dont all follow or collect Order and Chaos. 

Rant over. ?

Waaagghh on and keep raising the dead!!!

• Like 8

I am confident that Destruction will get the love that it deserves.

As a reminder, last year Death was in a similar state, with a lot of folks complaining (rightly so). The LoN book unified the smaller allegiances and made them playable/competitive at a tournament level; after that came Nighthaunt, a full blown new faction. 

I'm not saying that GW will take the same approach for Destruction. All I can say is that I am confident that Destruction will get a lot of love over the coming months/year. The previewed Troggoth and Grots Nightvault units, the Fungoid Cave Shaman, the marketing bits they are releasing - everything is pointing in the right direction. Getting a unified greenskin book would not mean that Destruction would not get a separate faction. 

For me, the question is more if they will release new Destruction products before or after the Slaanesh release (which, if the last two years are any indication, will be January 2019)...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I find this idea very lazy and to be honest a bit of a slap in the face when I look over at Order or Chaos. 

As a devoted Destruction player, I completely and respectfully disagree :D

I'd be delighted with a soup tome, as a short term (or even long term) band aid, for a couple of reasons.

1) It gets us straight back into the game.

2) It (hopefully) cements the likes of Greenskinz and Gitmob as continuing to exist in the game (although worryingly, neither were mentioned).  I think that inclusion in a soup tome is the best case scenario for them - the most likely alternative is not their own individual books, it's a one-way ticket to Legends.

3) It does not preclude proper army Battletomes and further development down the track.  Similar to how LON did not stop the Nighthaunt release.  You could get a soup tome now, then still get the full Battletome treatment for Moonclan Grots, Gutbusters, Grot Sky Pirates, Ironjawz Wave 2, something we haven't even thought of yet, etc etc.

I've had my say before about the sustained lack of support for years on end which has reached bizarre proportions.  In particular I find it unfathomable that GW has put in place an excellent system to give support to armies that are not getting full Battletomes (via the General's Handbook Allegiance Abilities), then systematically failed to use it for the only GA that is not getting full Battletomes. 

Getting a soup tome would be the opposite of that to me.  Personally I'd be delighted.

Edited by PlasticCraic
Reduce size of quoted post
  • Like 7

I'm on the same page. LoN and Nighthaunt showed us that GW don't see the soup books as a graveyard, and I think a lot of Undead players are still really enjoying the LoN book.

I think having a big 'play with the units you like' book for Destruction would be great for the factions popularity.

• Like 2

I personally don't care for the soup books.

So many of the units that could have a place to shine are dulled by the presence of other in faction much better units.  It's like stormcast with liberators and paladins VS sequators and evocators.

Beast of chaos has the same sort of problem where a good number of the units just don't have a place at all in even i'd say a semi comeptive since of any given force. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

I personally don't care for the soup books.

So many of the units that could have a place to shine are dulled by the presence of other in faction much better units.  It's like stormcast with liberators and paladins VS sequators and evocators.

Beast of chaos has the same sort of problem where a good number of the units just don't have a place at all in even i'd say a semi comeptive since of any given force. 

You have a point. Literally no one uses zombies because Skeletons are better in every way for killing and grimghast reapers are better in every way for tarpitting and living on objectives. 

And there’s various little things like that. 

Not sure why nobody uses Fel Bats or Bar Swarms except their models are ugly. 

Literally Blood knights are superior in almost every single way to Black Knights, the only issue not being able to receive healing or new models from Graveyards and Deathly Invocations and they’re literally double the price. (120 vs 240 points). 

But then if Blood Knights were, say, 140 to 160 points would anyone ever run Black Knights? 

When you lump everything together it automatically causes there to be winner units and loser units, whereas in Ironjawz, for instance, everyone is a winner unit. It’s debatable whether the Megaboss on foot has a place, but I use him and he’s always done fine for me. So 1 potential loser (up for debate) in a more focused army whereas in the soup half the units come out in the wash and never see daylight. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

You have a point. Literally no one uses zombies because Skeletons are better in every way for killing and grimghast reapers are better in every way for tarpitting and living on objectives. 

And there’s various little things like that. 

Not sure why nobody uses Fel Bats or Bar Swarms except their models are ugly. 

Literally Blood knights are superior in almost every single way to Black Knights, the only issue not being able to receive healing or new models from Graveyards and Deathly Invocations and they’re literally double the price. (120 vs 240 points). 

But then if Blood Knights were, say, 140 to 160 points would anyone ever run Black Knights? 

When you lump everything together it automatically causes there to be winner units and loser units, whereas in Ironjawz, for instance, everyone is a winner unit. It’s debatable whether the Megaboss on foot has a place, but I use him and he’s always done fine for me. So 1 potential loser (up for debate) in a more focused army whereas in the soup half the units come out in the wash and never see daylight. 

yeah if you souped all the orks than maybe the gore gruntas start to become useless or the arboys are replaced my whatever; or the opposite happens.

So i'm more a fan of smalled armies or at least armies built with every unit having a very clear purpose. 

57 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

Which units are you thinking of?  I can only really think of warhounds, who are still very fast and bulky. I'm mid converting a lot of things, but looking forward to trying out centigors, chariots and pork missiles.

Yeah I don't think there'd be too much overlap in the Destruction one.  The main one I can really think of is Grot Wolf Riders vs Orruk Boar Boys.  There are two chariots, but one is dirt cheap, lightening fast and has zero damage output, the other is double the cost and does mortal wounds on the charge, so they are different roles.

Given that there were only 4 Destruction players at SCGT in the UK this year, and that at a recent Melbourne GT literally nobody took Destruction (so the Best in Alliance trophy had to go in the bin), I'm not too concerned about a minor degree of overlap in the cavalry.  It's probably true (but only to a small extent) that "some things will never see the light of day"... but none of that is seeing the light of day right now either. You'll probably just see a whole lot more of everything else.

9 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I honestly wonder if Greenskins will even be a thing in the future.

I'd say Orks are well and truly covered by Ironjawz and Bonesplitters.

Grots will hopefuly get a big Moonclan release.

Not sure where Greenskins fit into AoS.

11 minutes ago, 123lac said:

Not sure where Greenskins fit into AoS.

They really kind of don't.  GW is really only interested in expanding on armies that have a unique aesthetic.  Ironjawz, Moonclan, Bonesplitaz - all that stuff has a different look, other than the basic tired old Tolkien tropes.  It's easier to promote AoS as an independent game, and to protect GW's brand against third-party imitators

4 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

They really kind of don't.  GW is really only interested in expanding on armies that have a unique aesthetic.  Ironjawz, Moonclan, Bonesplitaz - all that stuff has a different look, other than the basic tired old Tolkien tropes.  It's easier to promote AoS as an independent game, and to protect GW's brand against third-party imitators

You would think that Aztec Space lizards riding dinosaurs was unique enough but people rip that off=P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1