The Rumour Thread

So what does everyone think the special 500th store model will be, that is available on the 20th October? 

The community article clearly shows a ghost image next to a space marine one, and says they'll be an AoS and a 40k special release. 

So is the AoS model going to be a ghost one? And a new unknown one? 

Or are the AoS and 40k models just going to be the new anniversary models? (which is also good because I have to wait until April before my local GW store birthday) 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/09/28/28th-sept-our-500th-store-the-openinggw-homepage-post-3/

30 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

So what does everyone think the special 500th store model will be, that is available on the 20th October? 

The community article clearly shows a ghost image next to a space marine one, and says they'll be an AoS and a 40k special release. 

So is the AoS model going to be a ghost one? And a new unknown one? 

Or are the AoS and 40k models just going to be the new anniversary models? (which is also good because I have to wait until April before my local GW store birthday) 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/09/28/28th-sept-our-500th-store-the-openinggw-homepage-post-3/

The anniversary models are already available and have been shown by GW before, I think if it was just them, they’d have said in the article. 

15 hours ago, Infernalslayer said:

Do the Nightvault releases come in waves of 2 warbands each time? I am sure if this is the case the first 2 are the Tzeentch and Grot warbands that were shown off first,  but i am looking forward to the Darkoath warband as their warscrolls for AoS might have hints of what we will see in a future full faction release.

Wheren't Tzeentch and Grots the ones that were spoiled with the greyed out display backing? That's probably the best sign they are the first expansion wave.

20 minutes ago, Infernalslayer said:

Indeed these were the two first spoiled.

Do we know how spread the Nightvault releases will be? Is it going to be 2 warbands every 1-2 months like with Shadespire?

the warband release schedule last time was:

Ironskull/ Sep Guards where release in October a few weeks after Shadespire Starter set

Chosen Axe/ Spiteclaw was in February 

Farstrider/ Magore's fiends was in April

• Thanks 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/09/30/next-week-warbands-and-warhounds/

I guess there it is, Grots and Tzeentch first. Also Steelhearts Champions and Gareks Reavers as standalone expansions.

The apparent situation that the only way to update the rules for the game is to buy a new starter box every year probably makes playing any further Underworlds a hard no for me, but I'll probably still pick up the grots as alternate models for my Moonclan stuff.

33 minutes ago, novakai said:

the warband release schedule last time was:

Ironskull/ Sep Guards where release in October a few weeks after Shadespire Starter set

Chosen Axe/ Spiteclaw was in February 

Farstrider/ Magore's fiends was in April

Darkoath and Moonclan new armies to release alongside warbands in Feb / March 2018 in time for the end of financial year. Slaanesh in Jan? 

GW is finally going to release universal cards from old starter set. That's good. They probably won't do the same for other teams, because they still want you to buy whole boxes (but it would be good for those who purchased "miniatures only" boxes and then decided to play Shadespire).

Edited by michu

7 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Looks like this might answer our rumour engine. It's not totally clear, but there are strong similarities. 

Screenshot_20180930-181653_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180818-114920_Chrome.jpg

We expected that picture to be a squig, but it's not THAT squig, the teeth are different, and I'm pretty sure the rumour picture is for a bigger model. Which means more squig models on the way!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love those gobbos, day 1 purchase no question. So many little comic touches: the snotling being squashed under the fanatic's ball, the fanatic being so wide-eyed as the mushroom liquor kicks in, the dashing Robin Hood mushroom hat on the archer, the other archer whose hood has slipped over his eyes, the squig with a bone... Love 'em. I'll be interesting to see how their deployment and movement dynamics shake out with 9 dudes. Maybe the squigs get free moves from the herder? Possibly the fanatic moves out of sequence/for free?

There's something about night gobbo faces since the Battle for Skull Pass set. Very obviously tiny and cute, still beady-eyed and sharp-toothed but more proportional than the early 6th ed. plastics, a bit less twisted and grotesque. The right level of cartoony, I think. The fanatic is where they suffer for lacking the grotesquery the old metal fanatics of course, as well as the dynamism but the latter's largely going to be due to the limitations of fitting him on a single hex.

As to what this can tell us about the upcoming Moonclan aesthetic... not much. Looks like the core gobbos are going to look largely the same with a few more basing mushrooms. The level of mushroom colonisation/mutation we saw with the Fungoid Cave-Shaman will probably be restricted to characters and new units. The herder is probably the most armoured night goblin we've ever seen though, even the old warboss models weren't as knightly as him, and the faceplate is something I'd like to see more of. These are the best sculpted plastic squigs I've seen too, good detailed scales.

On 9/27/2018 at 4:53 PM, Swooper said:

Haven't seen it mentioned in this thread yet, but there's a rumour in the BoC facebook group that this weekend will have made to order on old beastmen heroes (Kazrak and Morghur were mentioned) as well as a few other chaos heroes, like Throgg.

Usually they announce Made to Order a week in advance, so my interpretation is that they'll announce it this weekend, but that it will actually happen a week later.

No idea how reliable this is, just passing on what I heard.

Well, this turned out to be exactly right!

PreOrderPreviewChampionsOfChaos-Sep30-Th

I'm actually really surprised Throgg isn't in AoS. I mean now that I've actually seen it this model apart from looking absolutely stunning, looks like it's an endtimes model and could have easily fit in with either Chaos or Destruction (if you get rid of the chaos iconography I mean) when they launched AoS.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

PreOrderPreviewChampionsOfChaos-Sep30-Th

I'm actually really surprised Throgg isn't in AoS. I mean now that I've actually seen it this model apart from looking absolutely stunning, looks like it's an endtimes model and could have easily fit in with either Chaos or Destruction (if you get rid of the chaos iconography I mean) when they launched AoS.

The problem with Throgg is that he was a big hunk (?) of resin with only outdated accompanying troops that didn‘t match his aesthetic. On the other hand he will no doubt find his way into my collection with this wave.