The Rumour Thread

On 11/16/2016 at 0:59 PM, hobgoblinclub said:

Yes it would. Clearly with some adverts, but they could also have previews/rumours, tactics talks, interviews etc. It could be fantastic! 

I would love a hobby half and a tactic half or maybe start a tournament highlight

1 hour ago, polarbear said:

40k Tzaangors seem a bit odd to me. Small box yet duplicate sculpts, not too big on that. Anyway, 40k, great and all, I'll just continue salivating for AoS news.

Yeah just noticed that. Especially wierd as it seems like converting the arms at least would be very easy. The Aos Tzaangors went together strangly so I can see why the head, torso and legs would be a set, but not including adjustable interchangeable arms is a dissapointment. I hope the inevitable aos Tzaangor box has a few more modelling options.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope those Tzaangor aren't monopose after all, there hasn't been a monopose release unrelated to a box set in a loooooong time, so that would set, in my oppinion, a very concerning precedent. Together with the monopose Blood Bowl teams, it feels like GW are testing the boundaries here, which would be a developement quite contrary to the good way they are currently on.

On the positive side, I think that Exalted Sorcerers kit is, bits wise, of great use to AoS Tzeentch players. I know I'll get one (unless it is Varanguard level expensive) and I have no interest whatsoever in 40k Tzeentch.

55 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I sincerely hope those Tzaangor aren't monopose after all, there hasn't been a monopose release unrelated to a box set in a loooooong time, so that would set, in my oppinion, a very concerning precedent. Together with the monopose Blood Bowl teams, it feels like GW are testing the boundaries here, which would be a developement quite contrary to the good way they are currently on.

On the positive side, I think that Exalted Sorcerers kit is, bits wise, of great use to AoS Tzeentch players. I know I'll get one (unless it is Varanguard level expensive) and I have no interest whatsoever in 40k Tzeentch.

Blood Bowl teams and sculpts have to my knowledge always been monopose. All the teams I had in the 90s were anyway.

3 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Different strokes, I suppose, but I don't see that as a negative testing of boundaries at all! i much prefer monopose models since assembly and cleanup are my two most hated parts of the hobby. 

If GW can make awesome models I don't need to waste hours assembling, that's a huuuge step forward (or, in a positive way, backward) for me. 

• Like 1

I've found the new GW plastics aren't fun, for me at least, to put together. Even though the old stuff made perhaps worse models, I'm still nostalgic for being able to pose the arms and such in wild ways. Nowadays it seems like everything is assembly by the numbers. It feels like work to me, and gluing the guys together used to be my favourite part. Tangent anyway.

I'm hoping we get some word on whether the battleforce boxes will be permanent or not. They are such great deals, would be incredible if they stuck around.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tiger said:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-EU/Daemonettes-Made-to-Order

I'm really torn. I have enough current projects to keep me busy through 2017, but a missed opportunity might be most unfortunate.

I'm thinking the same - I have about 10 daemonettes and 7 or 9 on steeds.  They're the only sculpt I've ever really liked for them, but £25 for ten is pretty steep as I'd be wanting at least 30 and I know there's some other releases (non AoS) coming soon I'm after

1 hour ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I don't even play Chaos and I kind of want those daemonettes, just because they're awesome sculpts...

I keep hearing this but I'm not a big fan. I think I actually prefer the newer plastics. If we ever see old metal Marauder era dwarfs being made available again, then I'd be excited. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Cheaper kit.  I'd be glad since they're going to be fodder anyway.

Pretty much this!

Also we have no idea what will be happening with AOS over the next 12-18 months (or 40K), so we may see a big Tzeentch focus but personally I'm hoping for Aelfs and Slaanesh!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Pretty much this!

Also we have no idea what will be happening with AOS over the next 12-18 months (or 40K), so we may see a big Tzeentch focus but personally I'm hoping for Aelfs and Slaanesh!

Well considering we have seen a teaser for the Steamheads and all this tzeentch stuff is flying around. Id assume its going to be dwarfs and Arcanites since they are both in the realm of Metal. But who knows . . . .