The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Hawke said:

The new Seraphon is a full indication for me that GW is fully committed to bringing in line the old fantasy factions up to date with the AoS range.

Yeah that's the impression I get too. It might take a while, Skaven might still have to wait a couple of years, but eventually the bulk of every army will be in modern plastic.

• Like 5

Have to say the Seraphon look amazing and so pleased that there are more kits coming for themas well. I'd be very tempted to get a few as a painting project. The cavalry look superb, the Saurus look monstrous and the Slann is so good. Always been fond of the lizards so might try painting up a few.

Nothing much else interested me- the vampire war band looks quite different, quite like the werewolf but otherwise the other factions aren't my thing, hope the folk who like those are happy with what's coming. I will say its good to see the marine lieutenant coming with options - more character kits with options the better. 

Edit- looking again at the war cry stuff - Nice to see a different take again on Vamps and even though I'm not a fan of all the chaos war bands that one is a pretty interesting take on Khorne. 

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Still-young said:

I might cry. Saurus Warriors were my first Warhammer kit ever, these are such a good update. And that Slann! And new feathered dinos! And that’s not even half the new models!

Same here! Those bulky monopose guys were my absolute favourite. Always had a soft spot for lizardmen! 

• Like 2

I’m so happy that the Slann retained the Palanquin similar to the current model, because I love that Palanquin. More so, it means that Kroak can stand out. Wonder what the other things will be. My money is on the rumoured Kroxigors. Saurus Characters like Gor Rok. A Skink Character on a Midsize beast. One would hope a Quango/Coatl but that would be wishlisting.

Saying that ..Cutie!

06C8AF4D-6A94-4DEC-81FC-1DC98BC81D36.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
Big man fingers aren’t made for smartphones.
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

41 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

As a Dark Angels player im in agreement that the missile guys are...something. I cant find words that correctly describe them. But the dread is cool

The word you are looking for is probably "t-shirt launchers".

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

This may be a controversial statement but in my eyes Soulblight now have the best looking Warcry warband and the best looking Underworlds warband. I always thought of myself as an order fan but I've certainly ended up buying a lot of Death minis. 

It's a matter of taste. I am happy you like them! 🙂

58 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

What a show, all games are celebrating their new releases, maybe not as much the underworlds players, except 40k fans. They're up in arms against the new SM missile unit. Truly this show was one of the best ones they've ever done 

I was fairly lukewarm on the missile marines but after seeing the very negative reaction to them, the contrarian in me quite likes them. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Haha 3

Oh-kay! That was good! Really good even.

Never thought I‘d consider playing Seraphon, but here we are. Really well done!

Warcry Box is a winner, too. They really don’t hold back there. 

Somewhat liked the Killteam stuff, too.

Rest was okay, but who cares with such a show of AoS force.

Looking at the Saurus again I am very happy with all the sculpts.
Since my GF passively collects an army I might have to sell her old warriors and later on restock her army with the new sculpts ❤️
Now let's hope the new Seraphon battletome doesn't devolve into the third shooting-fest in a row (the army should be magic and melee. Not shooting and magic)

• Like 2

Overall: Seems my early bed time paid dividends and we got some awesome reveals but not much that I will personally pick up. Oddly might be into the Soul Forged king set and if it wasn’t for a friend staking claim on the Seraphon I would be in 100 percent.

40K: Agastus Strike Force, Space Marines in a new hat. Honestly it was pretty cool to see the X-Men’s Cable in 40k and Dreadnaught's are always neat. But I cannot tell you what makes these new heavy infantry different from any others beyond the cameras on their back. Wrath of the Soul Forged King- That is a pretty dope set love me some Arkifane and Chaos followers, the Dark Angels are always appreciated as they are the easiest to repurpose to chaos but the old terminators look so weirdly proportioned to me. 

AOS: Seraphon, absolutely perfect! The Slann is stunning although I am worried about those connection points but it is so cool. Love the different options and I am shocked to say I like it more than Kroak. Raptadons are really cool, remind me of the classic Skink Coldone riders and love the lore implication of new Seraphon hatching. Saurus are just perfect, no complaints at all other than they will make the current ones look terrible when standing next to each other.

Warcry: Askurgan Trueblades are wonderful and exactly what I always wanted from unmounted vampire units and including some were-folk aesthetics. Claws of Karanak are exactly what I want in Warcry, insane cultists that have their own take on their beliefs and worship a chaos hero as their god.

Underworlds: Gryselle’s Arenai pretty cool but not even the best Daughters of Khaine Underworld set. I do think Daughters of Khaine are one of my all time favourite armies and this a good way to get some new champions. I do like them but I wish there was something a little more unique as Underworlds is the best place to try something new.

Horus Heresy: Neat, I would like to see something other than a tank but I am not super familiar with the setting but I feel like having a flier that can be repurposed would help break some of the monotony. I do like it but I don’t know if I like it more or less than the other variants I have seen.

Kill Team: The Arbites feel like the dark parodic villainous take on a police state that 40K used to put front and centre, I kind of wish that Space Marines leaned into this a little more. Dark Eldar are always welcome and these look fantastic. A cool box but still a pass for me. 

In Summation: Lots of cool kits and not a single one I dislike but other than the Seraphon nothing really stole the show for me either. Might get Wrath of the Soul Forged King and slap some Chaos heads on the Space Marines and make a Fallen Angels Army. The Warcry box is really cool though but I think that I am trying to talk myself out of it haha. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

So, for Warcry. We got nurgle vs chaos (rotmire vs hashut), tzeentch vs order (jade obelisk vs skinks), khorne vs death (karanak vs askurgan).

The last box of this season will it be slaanesh vs destruction ? And based on the title (nightmare quest), what faction do you think it will be? Could be gloomspite grot (that underworld band who’s on a quest). Maybe savage orruk, with a quest to kill a big monster ? I cant see other real possibilities for now.

Or maybe it will be a box with flesh eater court, who’s also on a quest, altough it will disrupt the scheme of « chaos vs allegiance box ».

3 minutes ago, rattila said:

So, for Warcry. We got nurgle vs chaos (rotmire vs hashut), tzeentch vs order (jade obelisk vs skinks), khorne vs death (karanak vs askurgan).

The last box of this season will it be slaanesh vs destruction ? And based on the title (nightmare quest), what faction do you think it will be? Could be gloomspite grot (that underworld band who’s on a quest). Maybe savage orruk, with a quest to kill a big monster ? I cant see other real possibilities for now.

Or maybe it will be a box with flesh eater court, who’s also on a quest, altough it will disrupt the scheme of « chaos vs allegiance box ».

I think it'll be Slaanesh cultists on a quest, with the nightmares being the destruction warband. My guess would be either Krullboyz, Spiderfangs or Ogors. I really want it to be Spiderfangs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

I’m so happy that the Slann retained the Palanquin similar to the current model, because I love that Palanquin. More so, it means that Kroak can stand out. Wonder what the other things will be. My my money is on the runoired Kroxigors. Saurus Characters like Gor Rok. A Skink Character on a Midsize beast. One would hope a Quango/Coatl but that would be wishlisting.

Saurus Knights are 100% if they are kept in the new armybook. My mind breaks every time I try to imagine the old Knights along these new foot Saurus models. Then I would say Kroxigors and Salamanders. Maybe a single hero (my bet is on Saurus hero).

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Wonder what will become of the skink kit, the weapons and shields don't fit the new theme. Was considering a getting started: skinks and prepping ahead of the new battletome, but might wait until more of the range is confirmed. 

I'm on the same boat, so far it looks like the stegadon and bastiladon kits are staying the same, as they appear on some of the pictures in the video. The skinks aren't that bad, but I imagine it would be a good opportunity for them to fix the skink box numbers.

1 minute ago, Arzalyn said:

I'm on the same boat, so far it looks like the stegadon and bastiladon kits are staying the same, as they appear on some of the pictures in the video. The skinks aren't that bad, but I imagine it would be a good opportunity for them to fix the skink box numbers.

I was along the same line of thinking in regard to the new model pictures, I imagine any old kit photographed alongside the new models won't be getting an update. A new saurus warrior picture has the old Carnasaur behind it for example, so reckon it's here to stay.

On 1/17/2023 at 12:07 AM, LordSolarMach said:

Definite very accurate prediction:

aosVampire.jpg

*High fives self*

//

40k: I hate stubbers on Marine stuff, especially when they have the "awkwardly slapped on" look; otherwise, the Dreadnought looks okay. Desolators are... odd. (A belt fed missile launcher? Those missiles don't look like they could be much bigger than a Heavy Bolter round, which is already rocket propelled.) The proper Primaris Lieutenant kit is appreciated - I still find use for bits from the old Space Marine Commander. Hopefully the three images aren't showing off the extant of the options, but it's nice even if so.

Kill Team: Arbites look stellar, a lot of solid references to the original ones. Drukhari look... as someone else said, it's hard to tell what's actually new. Some neat bits I'm sure, but it doesn't seem to open things up the way Legionaries/Hierotek Circle did.

Underworlds: The first warband I've been disappointed by. Not because there's anything wrong with them in-and-of-themselves, but because they feel like a wasted opportunity. 

Warcry: Flesh Hounds are my favourite part of Khorne, so a warband of marauders who love them as much as me gets some big thumbs up. (The only disappointment was that when they did the initial reveal, for a brief, sweet instant, I mistook a couple of them for Khorngors.)

The vampires... well, the one chap was happily along the lines of what I was expecting. Blown away by the daemon looking one. The rest are also great, though I'm not into the colour scheme they've gone with. I think they'll do well with my general Death scheme (some assortment of green/purple/bone).

AoS: Slann looks great - love all the options. I know that they pointed out how being in plastic lets them do the clever floating design, but I'd still be paranoid about breaking the thing. Saurus also look great - can't wait for the full reveal of the spear option.

Raptadons are amazing - love the feathers, and that they're holding their hands like the modern understanding of how a therapod would (palms in) and not the outdated way (palms down). Slightly miss a tick by not running the wing feathers down the second finger like in actual raptors. (Not complaining - these are obviously fantasy creatures. It's just a common quibble.)

aosLizardmen.jpg.bfebc1b03fe46652c9858061d80db921.jpg

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would expect the skinks to stay, they're not as obviously embarrassing as the saurus (the perks of being teeny tiny, I suppose) but who knows, right now we're in anything could happen speculation mode!

It depends on how much they're going to want to balance shiny new kits versus updating old sculpts, I suppose, but if I had to guess I'd at least expect to see updated saurus knights and salamanders, and maybe one of the foot heroes too.  Temple Guard seem like an easy dual kit with saurus warriors, but we saw no sign of that here, so perhaps not.  Could be fun to combine the temple guard and kroxigor concepts into a single, monstrous infantry, bodyguard unit and kill two birds with one stone.