The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

So, another battle trait cofirmed, this time for Scinari. They don't need to wait one turn to use it anymore.

I'm happy about Lumineth players, nobody used their Scinari ability in an army that had so many bonus to casts in a game with 5 rounds.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

So, another battle trait cofirmed, this time for Scinari. They don't need to wait one turn to use it anymore.

I'm happy about Lumineth players, nobody used their Scinari ability in an army that had so many bonus to casts in a game with 5 rounds.

I appreciate that the caste abilities seem to be migrating to the warscroll. Much easier to track that way.

I'm also happy that Deep Thinker is only once per battle, and that the opponent can still attempt an unbind. It would be much too good otherwise. 

Too early to call it, but these rules give me hope that the new book will be more player friendly all around.

13 hours ago, Lavieth said:

Great way to get some Graveguard sculpts that fit the look of the new skeletons. 

Honestly...if there will be a Soulblight warband, I wish it's more mortals death cultists than undead minions. It would be more original for a Warcry band to highlight the possible subjugation or domination that vampires can exert on humans. Neferata and Mannfred have mortals following them blindly as some sort of demigods. It's not new or unseen before.

Edited by Harioch
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

2 hours ago, Harioch said:

Honestly...if there will be a Soulblight warband, I wish it's more mortals death cultists than undead minions. It would be more original for a Warcry band to highlight the possible subjugation or domination that vampires can exert on humans. Neferata and Mannfred have mortals following them blindly as some sort of demigods. It's not new or unseen before.

That would be pretty cool yeah

Saw some LRL DoT box scrolls and it seems like a bit of a nerf for DoT just on those but we know how box does not translate to book.

more interesting to me is that Tzaangors got changed to “Tzaangor Host”, and don’t have the BoC keyword on their scrolls like “Tzaangors” do now.

that could just be because it’s for the box and don’t need it, but could be neat if they’re splitting the warscroll too and each army has their own slightly different rules for them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sahrial said:

Saw some LRL DoT box scrolls and it seems like a bit of a nerf for DoT just on those but we know how box does not translate to book.

more interesting to me is that Tzaangors got changed to “Tzaangor Host”, and don’t have the BoC keyword on their scrolls like “Tzaangors” do now.

that could just be because it’s for the box and don’t need it, but could be neat if they’re splitting the warscroll too and each army has their own slightly different rules for them

Are Slaangors still BoC?

Curseling got a decent buff, Enlightened a slight nerf (going second feels a lot less inviting than before) and Tzaangors and Acolytes don't feel much easier to field than before although Tzaangors seem a bit better overall if the costs aren't changed. Totem Banner rule is a bit clunky though and doesn't snipe heroes anymore. 

Edited by MitGas

28 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

they don't have the keyword...  never did.

Incorrect, they've had it since they came out according to my battletome and the app. They don't have the Gor keyword though so they don't get much in the way of support. 

Edited by Jaskier

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Its been over 4 months since Seasons of War Thondia. I wonder if there are more Seasons planned? Or will we wait till another Realm change? Maybe we will get a Seasons of War Gallet?

THE OVERSEER HAS RETURNED!! THEY HAVE LIKED MY POST. SEASONS OF WAR GALLET!?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaskier said:

Incorrect, they've had it since they came out according to my battletome and the app. They don't have the Gor keyword though so they don't get much in the way of support. 

hmm, you're right! apologies.  Idk, I know i had prebought them and everything and was somehow convinced i couldn't use them.  I know they don't have warherd / gor / etc, so I guess that must have been it - and then they just got put someplace in my mind to be utterly forgotten 😐  

edit:

I think it's because in third edition there is a bit about "faction pitched battle profile", and i don't think they are in the BoC one.  I think this was a change, and i'm not sure it's as intended but I don't think there's a specific rule that lets you have anything in your army with a matching keyword anymore - it needs to  an ally (which it can't be because of slaneesh) or on the BoC faction pitched battle profile list.

If it's on the app, they obviously can so the point is moot. I also would argue it's not like anyone was trying to so maybe it's just been an oversight one way or another.

Is there anywhere in the 3rd edition rules that says you can have elements in your army from outside your faction if they share a keyword?  <confused>

Edited by Fyrenn

Anyone know if Black Library usually restock their pre-order Books? I had some social affairs today and I couldn't buy the physical hardback, and it seems that it's not available anymore... I know that Kharadrons are the best army in this entire game, but I can't believe that Arkanaut Oath was sold in a just a few hours.

It's annoying.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

Anyone know if Black Library usually restock their pre-order Books? I had some social affairs today and I couldn't buy the physical hardback, and it seems that it's not available anymore... I know that Kharadrons are the best army in this entire game, but I can't believe that Arkanaut Oath was sold in a just a few hours.

It's annoying.

Sorry @Beliman, the only book that sells faster than dwarf sky pirates is Gotrek vs Thanquol round 3, with Chaos Dwarfs in the background.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

It's annoying.

Hello, The Outpost still let’s me add one to my Basket: https://www.the-outpost.co.uk/product/the-arkanauts-oath-hb-60040281288/

Good luck 🤞🏻 

• Thanks 1