The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Lmao another order battletome this year.

Guess which order factions haven’t had WD updates or a 3.0 tome:

Sylvaneth

and

Lumineth 

🤣

Cannot wait to feed on the salty tears of lrl wave 4

I've dealt with enough hate for playing Lumineth that I can endure some more if it means I get my hippo spirits

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I am awash with hype. If they werent going to reveal this next week now they definately will!!

You couldnt have an entire show just for new Sylvaneth and Skaven Tomes and a unit or two, these guys are gunna get officially revealed there as well.

I cant believe we have confirmation of Chaos Duardin. Regardless if they are for Warcry that is epic Im so happy for @Beliman @King Under the Mountain @Public Universal Duardin!!

Finally, my time has come.

2022-04-29.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16
  • LOVE IT! 2

9 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Lmao another order battletome this year.

Guess which order factions haven’t had WD updates or a 3.0 tome:

Sylvaneth

and

Lumineth 

🤣

Cannot wait to feed on the salty tears of lrl wave 4

Could be Malerion Aelves...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

I've dealt with enough hate for playing Lumineth that I can endure some more if it means I get my hippo spirits

The Order battletome release schedule since the first Lumineth tome will look pretty wonky if they really do it:

• Lumineth
  • Daughters
  • Lumineth
  • Stormcast
  • Idoneth
  • Daughters
  • Sylvaneth
  • Lumineth

Welcome to Grand Alliance: Order Elves and Stormcast

EDIT: Forgot that Fyreslayers exist (as is tradition)

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Ok, now, that's better. I guess all my hype will go for that sweet rat-bt (as I said, I'm beginning to think that we won't have nothing aside from a hero, sigh) but at least GG and ogors are going to be renewed! Will we get new spider and ogors models? 

• Like 1

What annoys me about Chaos is that the warscrolls themselves aren‘t good. They need some silly auras to have any power. And even those auras only radiate if you park a hero nearby. Which by themselves  aren’t good either.

looking at the stats of the DP I wonder why any mortal would want to downgrade themselves to that level 🤣

God: „Do you want to stride on the path toGlory to become a Prince of the dark gods?! You will be powerful!“

Champion: “Will I be able to slaughter scores of my enemies?“

God:“well not exactly“

Champion: „Will my abilities surpass those of my mortals mortal followers!?“

God:“Erm… I mean… your auras technically become bigger..“

champion: „will I be able to fend off arrows and will it takes Legions to take me down?“

God: „Well, I guess 10 Bestigors could become an issue“

champion:“ How good are my chances of ascending to that level of power“

God:“You will most certainly die a gruesome death „

Champion:“I guess I‘d rather become a Chaos Lord on Karkadrak then“

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

One thing I hope for is the demon prince kit havings looooads of options. Maybe I'm influenced by Total War Warhammer III but I'd love parts to represent allegiance to each chaos god. I feel like recently GW has been reducing the customisability, but hope that's not the case here. If not that, please just one altrlernate head - I don't hate this one, but a different choice (other from the named version) would be good

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Nope....
@Black_Templar_LadHashut warband could be just a tasty preview of a full new battletome for the future....the warcry warbands are just random groups that battles in the eightpoints and some chaos dwarves swore fealty to the Everchosen.
Still they could (and imho WILL) have their own army.

That would be really nice to see. I'll have a scrumptious starter before the main course 😍

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

What annoys me about Chaos is that the warscrolls themselves aren‘t good. They need some silly auras to have any power. And even those auras only radiate if you park a hero nearby. Which ny themself aren’t good either.

looking at the stats of the DP I wonder why any mortal would want to downgrade themselves to that level 🤣

I don't know what it is with rules writers and some Chaos armies, but it seems like there's a conscious effort to ensure the warscrolls are muted and on the weaker end. Not the case with Tzeentch and Nurgle, but Khorne and S2D have warscrolls that are statted about the same as a normal human unless the cheerleader squad comes by. I don't know why they decided Chaos should be about teamwork rather than individual power and personal glory.

Most people I've asked would prefer Chaos Armies to be more like Stormcast, wherein they are much stronger per warrior, but there are fewer of them (higher points), and for heroes to be expensive killing machines.

When I think about the Mighty Lord of Khorne's stats, I imagine that he's the only one who calls himself mighty as a self esteem exercise :(

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

I don't know what it is with rules writers and some Chaos armies, but it seems like there's a conscious effort to ensure the warscrolls are muted and on the weaker end. Not the case with Tzeentch and Nurgle, but Khorne and S2D have warscrolls that are statted about the same as a normal human unless the cheerleader squad comes by. I don't know why they decided Chaos should be about teamwork rather than individual power and personal glory.

Most people I've asked would prefer Chaos Armies to be more like Stormcast, wherein they are much stronger per warrior, but there are fewer of them (higher points), and for heroes to be expensive killing machines.

When I think about the Mighty Lord of Khorne's stats, I imagine that he's the only one who calls himself mighty as a self esteem exercise :(

Exactly this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

What if order battletome in fall is Seraphon or cities?

Cities has that Witch Hunter warband coming and I'd love to see the Dawnbringer Crusades finally to manifest into something real, but a Seraphon tome would be pretty neat, too. Weirdly, though, I feel much less confident that those two factions would be getting significant numbers of models compared to Lumineth. Even though they both need them more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

What if order battletome in fall is Seraphon or cities?

I honestly think it's more likely than LRL for such a crowded slot. CoS especially could get their first vs box plus that rumored Witch Hunter warband for underworlds.

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I doubt we'll see a Cities Battletome without a decent sized model wave.

Then again I thought that about non-souped Fyreslayers.

If a hypothetical Cities update was human focussed as many believe, they could in theory just update the worst Freeguild kits and call it a day. In my opinion, that would only be the Guard and Handgunner/Crossbow kit. Then they could put out a new steam vehicle or a hero and call it a day. That would be an update the size of Nighthaunt, so maybe there's a chance.

• Like 2

Very excited that it seems like AoS will be really kicking off in the 2nd half of this year, lots of new unknown battletomes means lots of rampant, baseless speculation which is always one of my favorite phases of the hobby roller coaster.

With at least 7 battletomes in the back half of the year, with what looks like a fair few new models for StD I would expect most of the others to be fairly low impact, maybe a battlebox and 1 extra unit / hero like Nighthaunt have got as a best case.

I wonder why the StD has such a different cover from the rest of the 3e tomes? Do we think its a special edition from an army box set? Would make sense to have a box with new Chosen and multipart kits for the new Warriors/Knights sculpts with a new hero as well.

I'm going to go really bold with my predicition and say that those Destruction books are Gitz / Mawtribes and that we will see a NEW Destruction force in Q1 2023, before a new SoB tome.

My only disappointment at the roadmap, is that, no Death tomes on the list because both FEC and OBR could do with a new boom pretty badly

• Like 1