The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, edmc78 said:

40k players were saying this through most of 2021 …

They did, well if so, thats pretty messed up as well. Like I was trying to say I don’t understand how it can make sense for GW to keep focus entirely on one of two major games. If 40K was left in the dark for such a long time as we have been experiencing now well thats just as bad. 

We just got a new edition of AOS it was kicked off with lots of momentum, why kill it off already?!
I simply just don’t get it.. I really don’t and if someone cares to explain why it IS a good marketing strategy GW displays this way I would very much like to hear from them.

• Like 1

I mean, the release windows for AOS3 largely line up with 9th ed.

You get the initial blitz of the two new armies and then a quiet few months before ramping up again. After Marines and Necrons, in terms of actual substantial releases 40k was pretty quiet for the first half of 2021. Meanwhile AOS was getting Hedonites, Lumineth, Soulblight and all of Broken Realms. In fact, not counting supplements, AOS kind of has more actual full army books out for it right now than 40k 9th did the same time in its lifespan. No seriously; this time last year the 3rd Codex (Death Guard) had only just gone on sale. Obviously Marine supplements do have to count on some level, but they also came with 0 new model releases and were obviously easier to put out than a full faction book would be.

The main difference, and one which I harp on about endlessly, is that lack of clarity or leaks about what is coming next for AOS. GW was very up front about the next codex releases for 40K from the moment the Marine and Necron dexes dropped. We knew that after Marine supplements we were getting Death Guard, Drukhari, Admech, Sisters and Orks. It's only relatively recently with AOS that we seemingly have news that Idoneth and Fyreslayers are next.

Obviously with all of this covid and shipping has been playing havoc with everything, but it's definitely a strange move in both editions cases to seemingly slow the momentum after a big launch. Considering they also did similar things with 8th and 2.0 they must have some analytics telling them its the sensible thing to be doing.

Edited by Bosskelot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Skaven vs Sylvaneth battle box confirmed!

Don’t be so stupid.  Its the new Skaveneth faction.  As a people they’ve been very silent so as not to draw attention to themselves.

didn’t you notice the hidden in plain sight plastic wooden rat skull in the skulls box?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

They did, well if so, thats pretty messed up as well. Like I was trying to say I don’t understand how it can make sense for GW to keep focus entirely on one of two major games. If 40K was left in the dark for such a long time as we have been experiencing now well thats just as bad. 

We just got a new edition of AOS it was kicked off with lots of momentum, why kill it off already?!
I simply just don’t get it.. I really don’t and if someone cares to explain why it IS a good marketing strategy GW displays this way I would very much like to hear from them.

I know a lot of people are sick of this answer but it's COVID and Brexit. GW's original plan was to ship the dragons in September, Nurgle in October and probably Fyreslayers and IDK by the end of the year. We would've had 5 books in the first six months instead of three. 

Here in Japan we just got white dwarf 470 and the new Killteam starter is nowhere to be seen. Things are still majorly messed up and you only have to look at the queues of trucks in England to see that this is a problem that isn't going to end soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

I'm pretty sure the new Whitefang teaser is for the Underworld Skaven box. If it's the second solo-warband release, I assume it'll be Skryre (lightning, warp-lightning). But, given the percolating Eshin rumours, and with all the trees in the teaser, I think it'll be the new core box, Eshin vs. Sylvaneth. 

Pie in the sky, it might be a full battlebox, but I'm going to try to set my expectations low.

lLmiQaO0AIGdmjsl.jpg

Edited by WarLadle
Typos
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, WarLadle said:

I'm pretty sure the new Whitefang teaser is for the Underworld Skaven box. If it's the second solo-warband release, I assume it'll be Skryre (lightning, warp-lightning). But, given the percolating Eshin rumours, and with all the trees in the teaser, I think it'll be the new core box, Eshin vs. Sylvaneth. 

Pie in the sky, it might be a full battlebox, but I'm going to try to set my expectations low.

lLmiQaO0AIGdmjsl.jpg

We know thanks to another mysterious individual that the next Underworlds warband is a necromancer with zombies. 

The leaf in the picture is definitely a Slyvaneth hint. I'm about 99% sure this is a teaser of a Skaven Slyvaneth box. The only question is whether they are getting more than one kit each. 

• Like 2

So my revised expectations for the year barring any further delays, pandemics, variants, political shifts, or World Wars. I have no idea if there will be soups, new models or anything beyond the assumption that we will see these armies:

Idoneth, Fyreslayers, Nighthaunt, Skaven, Ogors, Sylvaneth, Slaves to Darkness... with some Warcry, Cursed City and Underworlds fun thrown in for good measure. I imagine something is happening with Duardin/Dwarves/Squats, but it could be something pretty mundane like a new KO hero... or something massive like Chaos Dwarves or Squats. 

What we will see at LVO... none of those things as I tend to be wrong a lot of the time in my speculation. 😅

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Iksdee said:

I am wondering if the lightning in the new warband icon refers to frankenstein necromancers or skaven. If it was skaven it would be green i think but u never know. (Or stormcast but they already have a warband)

To be fair Underworlds has a few Stormcast Warbands... so what's one more.

Its a joke GW. Please no more Stormcasts.

• Haha 1

Are old underworld warband Oop now? I can't find them on GW website. Seems a shame you can't get the hrothgorn (or whatever the Igor hunters name is) and his ilk to fill gaps in ranges.

Just made me think of it as a new necromancer and a maybe a flesh golem beast could be a cool unit for SG but not if it's gone after a while!

I get that the cards are no use after a couple of seasons behind on underworlds but the models have all been great! I wanted the KO ones for the adamant crew for cursed city and I've just grabbed the vampire clan whilst it's still available!

5 minutes ago, CDM said:

Are old underworld warband Oop now? I can't find them on GW website. Seems a shame you can't get the hrothgorn (or whatever the Igor hunters name is) and his ilk to fill gaps in ranges.

Just made me think of it as a new necromancer and a maybe a flesh golem beast could be a cool unit for SG but not if it's gone after a while!

I get that the cards are no use after a couple of seasons behind on underworlds but the models have all been great! I wanted the KO ones for the adamant crew for cursed city and I've just grabbed the vampire clan whilst it's still available!

You can still purchase old warbands but you can find them in the aos subfactions

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

So my revised expectations for the year barring any further delays, pandemics, variants, political shifts, or World Wars. I have no idea if there will be soups, new models or anything beyond the assumption that we will see these armies:

Idoneth, Fyreslayers, Nighthaunt, Skaven, Ogors, Sylvaneth, Slaves to Darkness... with some Warcry, Cursed City and Underworlds fun thrown in for good measure. I imagine something is happening with Duardin/Dwarves/Squats, but it could be something pretty mundane like a new KO hero... or something massive like Chaos Dwarves or Squats. 

What we will see at LVO... none of those things as I tend to be wrong a lot of the time in my speculation. 😅

So, based on this, you're guessing that Dawnbringer Crusades have fizzled out for now?

27 minutes ago, EntMan said:

So, based on this, you're guessing that Dawnbringer Crusades have fizzled out for now?

It's really hard to say what the Dawnbringer Crusades will amount to at the moment. Might end up being just the new terrain kit we got. I definitely would not expect a battletome in the near future, since Cities only had that Tome Celestial pretty recently. Although I think it's likely that GW is planning to do something with the Dawnbringers eventually, they got all that new art during the edition launch and there was recently that call for Dawnbringer short stories. They seem to be part of the narrative of 3rd, so let's hope that translates to models at some point.

There are a few other plot threads from Broken Realms that have also not be resolved yet.

• The return of Grungni
  • Nagash and Arkhan destroyed and OBR getting a bunch of weird bones
  • Alarielle doing her mega life spell
  • Whatever Malerion is planning

I think it's reasonable to assume that all of those will result in models at some point during this edition.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Wordy9th said:

Wait, OBR got a bunch of weird bones? I didn't read the broken realms books so please enlighten me. 

Were they 'archer bones'?

If I remember correctly they got Ulgu bones from Morathi in a deal to let her into the Eightpoints at the start and got a bunch of Lumineth bones in Hysh later. No info on whether they were melee or shooting bones, though.

55 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Might end up being just the new terrain kit we got.

You promoted me to look again at the terrain kits. That Nexus Syphon looks really nice. Are there rules associated with it and is it only available to certain factions (SCEs and Cities?) Can't find it on the app and nothing rules wise showing up on the Google.

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

You promoted me to look again at the terrain kits. That Nexus Syphon looks really nice. Are there rules associated with it and is it only available to certain factions (SCEs and Cities?) Can't find it on the app and nothing rules wise showing up on the Google.

The Nexus Syphon and all the other new terrain do not have rules attached, as far as I can tell. They are just supposed to be generic terrain to fill your table with. But they are explicitly supposed to represent a new Dawnbringer settlement, which is why I brought them up.

• Thanks 1

Regarding game systems, I guess 2022 will get two Skaven Eshin releases, then.

Because the WHU Harrowdeep "schedule leak" stated Eshin, and our rumor prophet said in here, regarding AOS and new Skaven models, to expected "something shadowy", IIRC.

That's two different leakers and subject matters, so hopefully they are not originating from the same release (only AOS or only WHU) !

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Regarding game systems, I guess 2022 will get two Skaven Eshin releases, then.

Because the WHU Harrowdeep "schedule leak" stated Eshin, and our rumor prophet said in here, regarding AOS and new Skaven models, to expected "something shadowy", IIRC.

That's two different leakers and subject matters, so hopefully they are not originating from the same release (only AOS or only WHU) !

I have a bad feeling, that this shadwoy rumor mentioned is probably related to the eshin warband rumor.

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I agree this is a pretty solid list for AOS this year.

2 hours ago, CDM said:

I just grabbed Hrothgorn myself mate, look under Mawtribes as the Faction hes right there.

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's really hard to say what the Dawnbringer Crusades will amount to at the moment. Might end up being just the new terrain kit we got. I definitely would not expect a battletome in the near future, since Cities only had that Tome Celestial pretty recently. Although I think it's likely that GW is planning to do something with the Dawnbringers eventually, they got all that new art during the edition launch and there was recently that call for Dawnbringer short stories. They seem to be part of the narrative of 3rd, so let's hope that translates to models at some point.

There are a few other plot threads from Broken Realms that have also not be resolved yet.

• The return of Grungni
  • Nagash and Arkhan destroyed and OBR getting a bunch of weird bones
  • Alarielle doing her mega life spell
  • Whatever Malerion is planning

I think it's reasonable to assume that all of those will result in models at some point during this edition.

I could see all these plot points also being the driving force behind this Editions Narrative Event, some Factions may get one off models to coincide with a book and others may get whole releases.

58 minutes ago, Adamcbutton said:

Based on the mechanics introduced in this season, probably Eshin. Harrowdeep introduced the ‘Assassin’ keyword, but as of yet none of the three new warbands have used it. 

It definitely makes the most sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1