The Rumour Thread

I'm not going to clog the thread with my bitter tears, but I will say one last thing.

Why even make a new faction if you aren't going to support them and expand them to a similar size as others?

We didn't even get a new book for all of 2nd ed. Now we almost certainly won't even get endless spells.

I look forward to seeing another two rounds of Lumineth and the inevitable Umbraneth. Maybe we will at least get souped so I can use my existing models in an army that gets support.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Feii said:

At least people will know maybe understand why I hate missed opportunity be it rules or units and their design, or batletomes. 

Bad product leads to lower potential popularity and lower playrate and purchases that leads to this kind of bad minimalist updates. The only thing why I am still hopeful for Slaanesh is because it is the major plot point in the lore. They being chained etc. other than that I don't have much hope for Fyreslayers/IDK at the moment...

Umm.. I think you have not been following TGA lore nearly closely enough. Fyreslayers are a natural enemy for both Silent Peoples (bugs hate fire) and Chaos Dwarfs (Hats mess up mohawks). Idoneth are clearly going to be the rivals of Vampirates! See all is good and when GW finds our forums all our prayers will be answered 🙃

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I'm not going to clog the thread with my bitter tears, but I will say one last thing.

Why even make a new faction if you aren't going to support them and expand them to a similar size as others?

We didn't even get a new book for all of 2nd ed. Now we almost certainly won't even get endless spells.

I look forward to seeing another two rounds of Lumineth and the inevitable Umbraneth. Maybe we will at least get souped so I can use my existing models in an army that gets support.

Well is not like souping gives you more support either way like what happen to Bonesplitterz and to an extend Spiderfang 

Edit: in fact Ironjawz have even gotten less then Fyreslayers in the last seven years $?£€#€€\!.€]€|£]€|€£|£]]!|!€|€\!{?>[?<^^]€]£|’

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Umm.. I think you have not been following TGA lore nearly closely enough. Fyreslayers are a natural enemy for both Silent Peoples (bugs hate fire) and Chaos Dwarfs (Hats mess up mohawks). Idoneth are clearly going to be the rivals of Vampirates! See all is good and when GW finds our forums all our prayers will be answered 🙃

This will be known as the body hair wars.

they that cannot grow vs those that grow too much.

also why do you think the chaos dwarfs have big hats eh? Eh?

4 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

In a similar fashion in the 40k universe...Harlequins would like to have a word with you 😁

I don't know if Idoneth will get souped at all. To compare with new AoS army (unlike DoK or Cities or Slaves to Darkness) Ironjawz were the new face of the orruks in AoS and they get souped. Kruleboyz are released? Already souped. It's hard to tell because it's surely not entirely based on popularity. So maybe Idoneth get souped and Fyreslayers not ?

Anyway I'm a bit disapointed by this release that I find bland...

The akhelian scultp is not my thing at all. I find him uninspiring. I liked the armored idoneth priest better and if you put them next to each other it'll look weird imo. And they will, because they both boost namarti. Also...do Idoneth need 2 heroes boosting the same unit ? Akhelians Embalors (can't remember the name exactly but in the lore it's the one that tame sea monsters) would have been a good thing to add instead, to have a hero dedicated to a new purpose that one already filled.

At first i thought the fyreslayer was really cool....and then I remember that he looks like the seven others heroes Fyreslayers already got...and it's also another priest and not a magic creature, or a duardin women...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I think that is where the derision for this box is coming from it is a strangely great way to start out the two different factions. Personally I am also a big fan but I could see how this would be disappointing if I collected these armies already. If the rules for Namarti improve I could see people with purely eel lists taking interest in the set but overall I expect that the vast majority of Fyreslayer and Idoneth players already have the majority of these models. So it is a hard sell for IDK and Fyreslayer players, and will do little to win over people that do not like either faction...

But for those on the fence this is a pretty sweet set 🙂 

Exactly, I have a small GSC army for 40k and got excited about the fact they were getting a box set but when it came out there was no appeal. It made me realise that the Battle Boxes are a really niche product, aimed at those on the fence for one or both armies (ideally with an amount of the second if they're on the fence on only 1) or for people desperate to get the new shiny figures. Once you realise and except that anything apart from major line refereshes becomes easier to enjoy seeing

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Feii said:

What/Who is that? 

If I remember correctly one of the novels has the next Heir of a major lodge be a woman since all the male heirs died or were incompetent. I think it was Bael-Grimnir's daughter who is next in line in succession? It's been forever since I read it though.

It's portrayed as a really big deal because succession in Fyreslayer culture is almost always patrilinial, and it's breaking tradition to choose her. Meanwhile the KO think that's stupid and anyone dwarf can captain a ship or serve in government.

Seriously GW, release one female dwarf model so KO and Fyreslayers can convert their own characters. I don't care if it's a Chaos Dwarf I own files and greenstuff.

Edit: As far as I can tell, the last female dwarf model GW has made is Helgar Longplaints back in 1996.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
More context
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Being featured in the fluff is absolutely no guarantee of models, Sisters of Silence for example pop up in a bunch of Heresy stuff and feature in most if not all Indomnitus Crusade pieces in a small capacity but they have less models than either Fireslayers or Ironjaws (but at least they look a bit different haaaa :/ ) and they just got their chance at love from daddy GW for the next 4 years.

I think its fair to say both those AoS factions were also conceived and launched in the period 
 when the AoS studio was aiming for "pump and dump" armies with no future support ever planned, with the timescales they work on for new minis its possible we wont see anything soon even now if they were keener on other, better selling products.

Still! The 40k team in particular seems to be working through the back catalogue doing range renewals at a fair clip, perhaps AoS might get a turn at the revamp wheel in the future?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

If I remember correctly one of the novels has the next Heir of a major lodge be a woman since all the male heirs died or were incompetent. I think it was Bael-Grimnir's daughter who is next in line in succession? It's been forever since I read it though.

It's portrayed as a really big deal because succession in Fyreslayer culture is almost always patrilinial, and it's breaking tradition to choose her. Meanwhile the KO think that's stupid and anyone dwarf can captain a ship or serve in government.

Seriously GW, release one female dwarf model so KO and Fyreslayers can convert their own characters. I don't care if it's a Chaos Dwarf I own files and greenstuff.

This is why I am hoping for a Valya cult that is all female and based around Valkyries. Then you can have a patriarchal and matriarchal religious orders with an atheistic middle ground shaking their heads at the other two. Also a soup needs more than two ingredients 😈

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Still! The 40k team in particular seems to be working through the back catalogue doing range renewals at a fair clip, perhaps AoS might get a turn at the revamp wheel in the future?

Just remember they are doing this with models that are 10, 20 years old. Be careful with the monkey's paw. Hopefully they will do the same with the armies with the older models (skaven, seraphon etc) and not leave other armies reach that state

Well, that was disappointing. Just two foot heroes, while 40k got two foot heroes plus three new units, if I'm not mistaken. No mount, no rune anvil, no crabs. Just two fairly underwhelming hero models that no one really asked for. 

If Slayers get a new tome they will not get souped until maybe next edition, which, by this point, is their only meaningful chance of being expanded upon. And Idoneth's chances look even slimmer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Well, that was disappointing. Just two foot heroes, while 40k got two foot heroes plus three new units, if I'm not mistaken. No mount, no rune anvil, no crabs. Just two fairly underwhelming hero models that no one really asked for. 

If Slayers get a new tome they will not get souped until maybe next edition, which, by this point, is their only meaningful chance of being expanded upon. And Idoneth's chances look even slimmer. 

Fyreslayers will always be "Getting souped instead of a new battle tome." Even if GW put out 4 new units for them there'd still be people pointing out they have less than Gloomspite or Stormcast etc

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Feii said:

What/Who is that? 

The Thungur lodge in the realm of Hysh is lead by an ancient Magmaqueen

Magmaqueen Ryghilda declared long ago that Thungur women would not huddle in darkness while the men basked in Hysh’s inspiring light, and due to her agitating the Thungur lodge is now more egalitarian than most Fyreslayer societies. Now over 200 years old, Ryghilda still campaigns in the surrounding desert atop her Ancient Magmadroth,

- Soulbound: Refuges of the Realms, pg.7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

8 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Fyreslayers will always be "Getting souped instead of a new battle tome." Even if GW put out 4 new units for them there'd still be people pointing out they have less than Gloomspite or Stormcast etc

I mean, I would stop complaining if they got 4 new units. I would stop complaining if they got one new (non-hero) unit. My complaint is that, like some other early AoS armies such as Ironjawz, GW hasn't expanded on them except for heroes and spells. Unlike Ironjawz, they can't make up for their lack of options by using other Orruks.

Fyreslayers have 12 hero options (not counting Fjul-Grimnir or Gotrek) and only 3 unit options (all infantry with the same silhouette, armor, and similar weapons). Adding some small drakes, golem, cannon, or anything would help break up the sea of 32mm bases of nudist dwarves with the same head and loincloth.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I mean, I would stop complaining if they got 4 new units. I would stop complaining if they got one new (non-hero) unit. My complaint is that, like some other early AoS armies such as Ironjawz, GW hasn't expanded on them except for heroes and spells. Unlike Ironjawz, they can't make up for their lack of options by using other Orruks.

Ironjawz can no longer make up for their lack of options by using other Orruks. 

Can't coalition or ally... only Big Waaagh which is... well let's just say it's not a net gain. 

• Like 2

As a Fyreslayers player I don't see a reason I would ever want more Hearthguard or Vulkites - I already own too many of each kit.

I am interested in starting an Idoneth army, but not one that would use this much infantry. I only care about their sea creatures.

This box is gonna be a pass for me, but I'm excited about getting new battletomes in the mix. Unfortunately at the rate they've been going lately we probably won't see new battletomes before April.

• Like 1

So I got some rumors from someone on Reddit who got these from 4chan (so the usual grain of salt).  Based on this, it's possible they get more given the mention of crabs.  What's interesting is Bonereapers in January which we haven't heard much of.  Although maybe they teased the AoS box early to have a box for both mainline games shown?

1640635771934.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Copywolf said:

So I got some rumors from someone on Reddit who got these from 4chan (so the usual grain of salt).  Based on this, it's possible they get more given the mention of crabs.  What's interesting is Bonereapers in January which we haven't heard much of.  Although maybe they teased the AoS box early to have a box for both mainline games shown?

1640635771934.jpg

I believe consensus that everything here was made up except for the battle box because that rumor was started from here and just pluck by the 4chan poster

4 minutes ago, Copywolf said:

Yeah, obviously take it with a grain of salt. I saw numerous "leaks" about the winter FAQ which proved to all be wrong. I'd say there is a next to zero % chance that OBR comes out in Jan or even Feb given that we have heard nothing. Maybe they make some big announcement for New Years, but given the information we have I would expect a Fyreslayers and/or IDK book before OBR atm.

2 hours ago, Captaniser said:

They will learn that the fans HATE both factions and remove their support.

It's just one hero and an Underworlds warband they made after launch it's not that much support they'd remove.

Yeah, they'll use this dud to justify not putting any effort in them.

With 9 heroes, Fyreslayers are close to having as many unique bodies in heroes as in bodies (10, because the vulkites are two sprues).

And diversity enough for one unit.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Fyreslayers have 12 hero options (not counting Fjul-Grimnir or Gotrek) and only 3 unit options (all infantry with the same silhouette, armor, and similar weapons). Adding some small drakes, golem, cannon, or anything would help break up the sea of 32mm bases of nudist dwarves with the same head and loincloth.

Don't get me wrong, I wholeheartedly believe that Fyreslayers deserve 4+ new units.

31 minutes ago, Copywolf said:

1640635771934.jpg

It all sounded quite reasonable... and then he mentioned Silent People. Obvious hoax. Chaos Dwarfs are way more likely.