The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

1875267637_Screenshot_20211227-0847452.png.dd61fe8f27721e457553bcdf1652fbbe.png

God, they have to be trolling us by this point... 

irony is that there is already a Primaris Ancient, they just giving it a standalone kit from the rest of the Dark Imperium sprue.

i mean i do hope that eventually they release separate kits for the models in Soul wars and at least standalone kits for Kruleboyz in the future

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

I love all the people that they are expecting more than a hero for both factions. The simple innocence of a child gives me hope in the humanity. 🥲

This is what I’m expecting. Hopefully it’s a nice set but it won’t be anything more than this. I’m hoping Fyreslayers get another unit for some variety but not expecting it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, GrimDork said:

Looks like they’ve taken it off their Instagram feed now. Was there 5 minutes ago, someone jumped the gun.

Maybe it was meant as a secret project, a revelation that will shock and awe all GW customers with its bold new strategy: A blue space marine standing on a rock!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, GrimDork said:

What time did the Eldar/Chaos reveal drop the other day?

just wondering if we can expect the AoS reveal at a similar time?

The reveal was on a Saturday, when they don't have a regular schedule on the articles so it came pretty early. I guess the box will be the big reveal for today, so probably the last article they will post (around 4 hours after the time of this post).

12 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

The reveal was on a Saturday, when they don't have a regular schedule on the articles so it came pretty early. I guess the box will be the big reveal for today, so probably the last article they will post (around 4 hours after the time of this post).

Yeah, I was hoping for another early one tbh. Wasn’t sure if there wouldn’t be any regular articles today, with it being a bank holiday in the UK, but think the Saturday reveal had dropped by now?

2 hours ago, GrimDork said:

Looks like they’ve taken it off their Instagram feed now. Was there 5 minutes ago, someone jumped the gun.

I saw it on Insta and there were like 200 responses asking why GW was releasing yet another primaris instead of anything else. It seems a lot of people are fed up with the constant stream of space marines.

Edited by elfhead
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, elfhead said:

I saw it on Insta and there were like 200 responses asking why GW was releasing yet another primaris instead of anything else. It seems a lot of people are fed up with the constant stream of space marines.

Vocal minority to me sadly. 15 years I hear complains about GW only care about Space Marines and they still sell a huge amount of them. Don't forget to add people that are fed up with the constant release flow but still buy it.. 

But i can agree that most marines player I know can't keep up with this..

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, elfhead said:

The next post of deathwatch vs GSC comments are a good read, so many “where did the ancient go?”. GW’s replies are pretty funny.

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I love all the people that they are expecting more than a hero for both factions. The simple innocence of a child gives me hope in the humanity. 🥲

I don't think anyone really expects that. I think it's more hope on the basis that Fyreslayers could really use some unit variety and Deepkin are quite a high concept army that has a lot of potential.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I don't think anyone really expects that. I think it's more hope on the basis that Fyreslayers could really use some unit variety and Deepkin are quite a high concept army that has a lot of potential.

In a few hours we will know for sure!! Hopefully it also means they may show off the new Battletome Covers whilst we are at it and the Duardin Soup rumours will be solved.

• Like 1

Just now, KingBrodd said:

In a few hours we will know for sure!! Hopefully it also means they may show off the new Battletome Covers whilst we are at it and the Duardin Soup rumours will be solved.

Let's hope those Soup rumours were baseless and all Duardin get their proper and deserved expansions!

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Ah I'm so nervous for this reveal.

I really really hope, if not crab cavalry, then at least one other unit other than a new HQ for both sides. These 2 factions need sooo much more and I personally hate the 1 new character for a faction update, just so disappointing and lazy in my opinion. Obviously, resources, time etc is limited, but when we just see a brand new Ancient reveal out of nowhere, do the resources really need to be on Space Marines all the time. :( Damn I'm so guttered by the Tau 'update.' Anyway....

Will be an insta buy for me if there's some good new stuff in there. Recently made my way to Deepkin in my backlog, didn't really have expectations, love the lore and aesthetic but really didn't think I'd like the models in person. Oh boi was I wrong, god I hope to see some giant crabs. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Judging by some of these post. This thread would imply the opposite 

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

Judging by some of these post. This thread would imply the opposite 

Hope and expectation are entirely different things. Fyreslayer players have been waiting 5+ years for a new model, expectations are below sea level, while hope is the only reason to keep playing the army.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, madmac said:

Hope and expectation are entirely different things. Fyreslayer players have been waiting 5+ years for a new model, expectations are below sea level, while hope is the only reason to keep playing the army.

I'd call the Idoneth expectations below sea level instead, while Fyreslayers are more of the red-headed step children

• Haha 1