The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Indecisive said:

AoS flipping to a dull battletome spam release with minimal models?

It would make sense for GW, they need to get new Battletomes out with codes in them (or however they're doing it) so they can lock them in the app like they have with SCE and Orks and presumably Nurgle soon. 

I'd therefore not be surprised if the Battletome spamming bit of the rumour is true.

As idoneth player I would love to see akhelian elite infantry with Spears and sword options, and maybe crossbows... But for the battlebox I see a tidecaster mounted on a raya ir something like the Tzeentch wizard on disc of that battlebox vs kharadron.

And for fyre a mounted Hero too on something smaller than the magma dragon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Falling back to the theme of 4chan "leaks" I found one that sounded plausible.
Here is a snippet of it to focus a bit:

AoS flipping to a dull battletome spam release with minimal models? Sounds likely, 40k from rumours has a big year coming.
Idoneth get no endless spells (despite DoK getting them) and just a single, crabless mini? I can see that.
Lotann still bad? Above all, this specific nugget is the most likeliest of all things that makes me want to believe it.

I hope this isnt true as Idoneth and Fyreslayers have so much potential as Factions and GW just doesnt seem to know what to do with them.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Falling back to the theme of 4chan "leaks" I found one that sounded plausible.
Here is a snippet of it to focus a bit:

AoS flipping to a dull battletome spam release with minimal models? Sounds likely, 40k from rumours has a big year coming.
Idoneth get no endless spells (despite DoK getting them) and just a single, crabless mini? I can see that.
Lotann still bad? Above all, this specific nugget is the most likeliest of all things that makes me want to believe it.

Was this posted before or after the Idoneth rumour engine pic this week?

Doesn't Fyreslayers have more heroes than any other type of unit already? I'm sure the 2 Fyreslayers players that are left will be ecstatic to get to choose between 10 different leaders leading their Vulkite Berzerkers, Hearthguard Berzerkers and *checks notes* Auric Hearthguard. That's, uh, really creative naming schemes. Not at all confusing, and totally diverse selection of naked duardin. Yeah. The 10th hero will turn this army around. Totally. Yep.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Doesn't Fyreslayers have more heroes than any other type of unit already? I'm sure the 2 Fyreslayers players that are left will be ecstatic to get to choose between 10 different leaders leading their Vulkite Berzerkers, Hearthguard Berzerkers and *checks notes* Auric Hearthguard. That's, uh, really creative naming schemes. Not at all confusing, and totally diverse selection of naked duardin. Yeah. The 10th hero will turn this army around. Totally. Yep.

Exactly. Fyreslayers need at least 2 more unit types and a Siege Engine alongside a new Monster.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Yeah, it's unfortunate that Fyreslayers have the most opaque and confusing naming scheme in AoS. Later examples of new factions do it coherently (e.g. the castes for the Ossiarch/Idoneth) but with FS it's like the writers just randomly threw darts at a board showing "hearth", "auric", "rune" with no rhyme or reason. It's the part of the faction that's least likely to change with any update as well.

And agreed, a new hero won't do anything to actually address the near-total visual uniformity of the range.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah, it's unfortunate that Fyreslayers have the most opaque and confusing naming scheme in AoS. Later examples of new factions do it coherently (e.g. the castes for the Ossiarch/Idoneth) but with FS it's like the writers just randomly threw darts at a board showing "hearth", "auric", "rune" with no rhyme or reason. It's the part of the faction that's least likely to change with any update as well.

And agreed, a new hero won't do anything to actually address the near-total visual uniformity of the range.

Such is the path of the trademark. Next up is Shaoudeuwy Maleeshus Aeulves, Kaows Duardinhatts, and let's not forget the Seelynt Pewpewles.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope this isnt true as Idoneth and Fyreslayers have so much potential as Factions and GW just doesnt seem to know what to do with them.

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

I know, I totally agree with you both. It's the brets and beasts quandry again.

You need someone with vision and also a real love for the faction to dream it forward, not just in models and rules but also in narrative. if you don't then what happens is that they get pidgeon holed and they become a one trick pony with no avenues of escape.

That results in the vicious cycle of stagnancy, which leads to reduced sales, and reduced sales leads to lack of development of new stuff for them as all said and done the accountants spreadsheet just shows poor revenue for that faction for X years running and so no point investing in as the "player base" isn't there.

It's nothing new, and it's been going on since the days of fantasy.  Its what happened to Brets, who just became some knights in armour with a couple of pegasus riders and bloke on a hippogriff.  With the whole lady of the lake trope and some non fantastical stuff potential customers would look at them, go meh and overlook them for the new shiny.  

No sales, no new toys, no new toys, meh.

Accountant sees nothing other than dead stock. = no point spending money developing that.

But what I suspect is that there was also nobody to just pick the faction up by the scruff and give it the love to turn it up to 11 and reinvent it.  And so we have the now.  Where GW are at great pains to tell you that the brets are dead, gone for good - there you go.. see their bones at the feet of the flesh eater courts.  there's your brets, now stop your whining and clear off.

As you can tell, I miss brets.

However I do feel that the AoS battletomes have also had some very lazy writing.

For me I'd love a battletome to be a big thick coffee table book thick with lore and imagery.  The warscrolls and points can go online for the most part, and in that way not rendering the book obsolete but something to treasure, with the warscrolls really being secondary to the book contents, and the book being an evolution  of that factions' storyline.

In that way, those that have no or little interest in the faction (lore and fluff) past competitive gaming and mechanics can just pay for the scrolls and points as part of their app subscription and not feel that they are paying for content they don't care for, whereas for us who are fluff and lore lovers we can spend out on what we know to be a feast to fill our eyeballs with.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I am one of these rare fyreslayers players,and i only name them as berzekers basics,berzerkers elite(of mortal wounds weapons or regular damage) and berzerkers rangued and my oponents havent problems following my names is easier for them also.

Btw if this is true is a joke for us fyreslayers players,we need new units,and if we get any hero he must be mounted and not on foot.

But if must be on foot i guess it isnt so bad a rangued hero as we havent any yet,but a priest.......this edittion have overnerfed priests doing them useless.

Dont mind the content of the box because we havent got any bundle box never(even if every other faction got some) and so i gonna buy it to get these disccount(if it isnt a horrible box with vulkitesx2 per example)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

For me I'd love a battletome to be a big thick coffee table book thick with lore and imagery.  The warscrolls and points can go online for the most part, and in that way not rendering the book obsolete but something to treasure, with the warscrolls really being secondary to the book contents, and the book being an evolution  of that factions' storyline.

10/10 comment. Chapeau!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

19 minutes ago, Doko said:

I am one of these rare fyreslayers players,and i only name them as berzekers basics,berzerkers elite(of mortal wounds weapons or regular damage) and berzerkers rangued and my oponents havent problems following my names is easier for them also.

This is genius

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I know, I totally agree with you both. It's the brets and beasts quandry again.

You need someone with vision and also a real love for the faction to dream it forward, not just in models and rules but also in narrative. if you don't then what happens is that they get pidgeon holed and they become a one trick pony with no avenues of escape.

That results in the vicious cycle of stagnancy, which leads to reduced sales, and reduced sales leads to lack of development of new stuff for them as all said and done the accountants spreadsheet just shows poor revenue for that faction for X years running and so no point investing in as the "player base" isn't there.

It's nothing new, and it's been going on since the days of fantasy.  Its what happened to Brets, who just became some knights in armour with a couple of pegasus riders and bloke on a hippogriff.  With the whole lady of the lake trope and some non fantastical stuff potential customers would look at them, go meh and overlook them for the new shiny.  

No sales, no new toys, no new toys, meh.

Accountant sees nothing other than dead stock. = no point spending money developing that.

But what I suspect is that there was also nobody to just pick the faction up by the scruff and give it the love to turn it up to 11 and reinvent it.  And so we have the now.  Where GW are at great pains to tell you that the brets are dead, gone for good - there you go.. see their bones at the feet of the flesh eater courts.  there's your brets, now stop your whining and clear off.

As you can tell, I miss brets.

However I do feel that the AoS battletomes have also had some very lazy writing.

In that way, those that have no or little interest in the faction (lore and fluff) past competitive gaming and mechanics can just pay for the scrolls and points as part of their app subscription and not feel that they are paying for content they don't care for, whereas for us who are fluff and lore lovers we can spend out on what we know to be a feast to fill our eyeballs with.

the-wolf-of-wall-street-clap.gif

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Exactly. Fyreslayers need at least 2 more unit types and a Siege Engine alongside a new Monster.

Funnily enough, there was a second half to those leaks from earlier. And artillery was mentioned.
I thought it was unlikely and wanted to riff about Lotann but for everyone's sake I'll post it too.

>Fyreslayers are getting some new units including artillery!
>But they're later in the year with another battletome before them

>Malerion's aelves are planned for Nov, but could get pushed back to Jan-Feb 2023
>They're mainly fast, deadly heavy infantry that can pop out of nowhere, lots of razors
>picture the Tenebrael Shard and an Executioner mixed together, for an example

And a link for those who want a timestamp.
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/82348900/#82349041

Edited by Indecisive
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The part that made me excited was "Expect new miniature reveals and maybe even a little cult uprising on the Warhammer Community website this week". The fact they talked about revealS plural made me hopefull, especially since they even named Maggotkin. Fingers crossed for more AoS stuff

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Higolx said:

The fact they talked about revealS plural made me hopefull

Two new Space Marine heroes! We're in for a treat 😂 

Although actually the "cult uprising" bit makes me think it's the Genestealers who have turned up on Earth.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Funnily enough, there was a second half to those leaks from earlier. And artillery was mentioned.
I thought it was unlikely and wanted to riff about Lotann but for everyone's sake I'll post it too.

And a link for those who want a timestamp.
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/82348900/#82349041

Oooh yes give us a Magma Trebuchet or Flame Spewing Vulcan cannons!!

14 minutes ago, Higolx said:

The part that made me excited was "Expect new miniature reveals and maybe even a little cult uprising on the Warhammer Community website this week". The fact they talked about revealS plural made me hopefull, especially since they even named Maggotkin. Fingers crossed for more AoS stuff

Really hoping we get something Nurgle or at least mainline AOS revealed!! It feels like an age since the last Previews. 

11 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Two new Space Marine heroes! We're in for a treat 😂 

Although actually the "cult uprising" bit makes me think it's the Genestealers who have turned up on Earth.

The Cult is almost certainly Genestealers but as I love their 'Aliens Colonists' aesthetic I'm looking forward to what this may be!! 

Important bit for Battleforces:

Death Guard: Plaguefester Warband - For Death Guard adherents in the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia, this Battleforce is available to pre-order on Saturday. Nurgle devotees in other regions will have a short wait before marching into battle – chalk it up to rusted joints.

Ossiarch Bonereapers: Mortisan Tithe-Echelon - Those dusting off their knucklebone abacuses ready for the tithe in the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia will be able to pre-order this Battleforce on Saturday. Everywhere else will need to wait a little longer for this set to arrive – but it’s on its way.

Adeptus Mechanicus: Omnissiah’s Talon - For those in the United States and Canada, Forge World Memphis** has had its requisitions delayed by solar interference, so the Omnissiah’s Talon box won’t arrive until early next year.

Maybe it’s just me but I had the impression that they gave up on endless spell this edition and wheren’t going to making anymore now

battletome spam seem like it was always going to happen given that what they did last edition as well and that their seems to be a limitation on how many armies can get big model releases during each edition.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, novakai said:

Maybe it’s just me but I had the impression that they gave up on endless spell this edition and wheren’t going to making anymore now

battletome spam seem like it was always going to happen given that what they did last edition as well and that their seems to be a limitation on how many armies can get big model releases during each edition.

True. I understand the need for BT spam and that there are only so many designers and artists etc I just hope that those in need of a bigger release get theirs. Nurgle is doing well with its amount of units and possibly only really needed Mortals if anything so a BT update will do* them this Edition.

* I wish every Faction got a sizeable update, Nurgle just seems in a good place model wise right now when compared to Factions such as Fyreslayers.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, novakai said:

Interesting observation. Kruleboyz or Orruk Warclans as a whole didn't get any, nor did Soulblight Gravelords at the end of 2nd. Stormcast already had theirs and Maggotkin are left with nothing but rules and their slightly underwhelming Sorcerer. 

Looks like the last to receive faction-specific terrain were Lumimeth with the amazing Shrine, and as for Endless Spells.. I'm not sure. Daughters or Lumineth, I think? 

• Like 1