The Rumour Thread

Beast of Nurgle tail?

I dunno, looks like it has scales to it...and those spindly things around look like tendrils or veins. Maybe the Nids are getting a new toy? Though, haven't heard of them getting new toys and we are SUPER close to their release.

Other AoS guess is it is a shell thing for a undersea monster...ya know, for Cthulu Aelves. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it’s one of those bases that form part of the model to support a character when they are floating or mid air. I reckon the horn/hook is like a weapon of someone doing a summersault or similar.

was thinking tenebral shard esque... but that’s probably reaching.

This one is easy.

It's very clearly one of those heresy chaos stormcasts that has been floating around the rumour wells of the internet. The veins are nurgle friendly, so is the horn. The scaly armour is a typical Khorne fashion thing and the smiling bird beak at the top is a Tzeentch emoticon. Watch out sigmar boys! Archaon Stormcasts are ready to armwrestle...

On the other hand. If I turn my head a bit it actually looks like a big ham.

Edited by Greasygeek
  • Haha 1

The text snippets that come with these are absolutely part of the fun:

Riding into view like an ancient hero atop some kind of flying machine, the Rumour Engine is here, with a particularly cryptic instalment. What could it possibly be?

So for my money you've got 'ancient hero', 'cryptic' - it's undead.

Flying machine though?

That image has an insectoid look about it.

Undead riding animated husks of insects? Think of WoW 'nerubian' which, funnily enough, are often named crypt lords or crypt fiends.

Edit/ you know like this kinda thing:

latest?cb=20081226204631

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The rock looks a lot like the scales here. I think it’s a bit of ruin with vines on it, with a tail attached. Not a shaven tail, rat tails are ridged, not smooth like that. 

Very good call!  Could be a new terrain piece - or the base of something I guess?

Are there any AOS releases rumoured till the end of year? I mean something new or at least Blightwar-esque with a few new minis? I started follwing AOS a few months ago and it seems to me that the first half of the year was pretty rich when it comes to new stuff while in the second one there is just Shadespire which is really a different game and doesnt bring much to AOS itself.

My speculation is, ts a pine cone, zoomed in. As to what it could be if it were a pine cone, Sylvaneth, would be odd as they are a rather fleshed out and new faction.  Forest Goblins or Aelf Wanderr seem to be the mor elikely...or something else entirley not that.

Short answer is no. 

Nurgle release has seemed inevitable for a long time and new Beasts of Nurgle, based on the new art from 40k, seem to be coming along with the ever-rumoured GUO kit. I would guess that these will coincide with an aos book. There's no timeline. 

Only other thing that's accepted to be in the pipeline is 'Cthulhu Elves.'  We expected them to be out by now but it's all been quiet on that front. 

Maybe they'll have something at BnG. 

11 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

Are there any AOS releases rumoured till the end of year?

28 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Outside of new armies, have their been any rumors of "Battleforce" boxes or something similar for the holiday season? Or are the Firestorm great cities boxes this years big boxes?

I've not heard anything, but there is a retail workshop going on in NA this week (may be over already)

18 hours ago, Turragor said:

The text snippets that come with these are absolutely part of the fun:

So for my money you've got 'ancient hero', 'cryptic' - it's undead.

Flying machine though?

That image has an insectoid look about it.

Undead riding animated husks of insects? Think of WoW 'nerubian' which, funnily enough, are often named crypt lords or crypt fiends.

Edit/ you know like this kinda thing:

latest?cb=20081226204631

A Nerubian-esque faction would be FANTASTIC! We don't have an insect BASED faction (Spiderfang is the closest...), and it is a cool theme. This last rumor pic really does give me some serious insect vibes.

2 hours ago, Malin said:

More new rumors and stuff will be shown at Blood and Glory event in around 2 weeks time. There are GW seminars on new releases scheduled there ;)

I am SO looking forward to this ! Ben Johnson said on Warhammer live (about Firestorm) we'll get more news about Malign Portents., and perhaps Nurgle...

• Like 3