The Rumour Thread

Those new ardboys are the best black orcs they've ever made! Not the highest bar to clear but, y'know, not embarrassing to put on rounds. The old ones were obviously designed just to form a square with lots of spikes, horns and weapons protruding out of it. Still, their legs are too stubby and their can armour makes them look like they're wearing baby onesies.

The "Malign Portents" teaser video is a complete waste of 15 seconds (incidentally also about as long as it took to make). :D Why did that have to be made?

The paint app sounds alright, it's got a solid feature list. We'll have to see how it works when it's live.

So for anyone without the time/energy to watch it, the Warhammer Weekly video explains that  when the Malign Portents event hits and the Knight of Shrouds and the heralds and the other three grand alliances' heralds are released that if you and your opponent both have available models for your GA's herald you'll each be able to include your respective herald in your army free of charge, similar to the Truthsayer and Dark Emissary in the Dark Shadows/Albion campaign 100 years ago.

Posting the Knight of Shrouds again because he looks amazing:

Malign-Portents2-370x500.jpg

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

similar to the Truthsayer and Dark Emissary in the Dark Shadows/Albion campaign 100 years ago.

Posting the Knight of Shrouds again because he looks amazing:

nah, it was only the other day... wasn't it?

Really looking forward to the event - sounds like it may be like Seeds of Hope and culminate in a mini tournament tagged onto the AoS Open Day

• Like 1

I am really digging the helmet on the Knight of Shrouds, but, apart from that, he looks very generic. Like the Shadowspire Deathrattle, I just don't get that "Yes-that is definitely an Age of Sigmar miniature" feel I got from all the other releases so far.

I hope the Heralds are generic characters and not uniques. I'm no fan of SCs and GW has been doing a lot of them lately

Good to hear something is coming for Deathrattle next year, though I am trying not to get to excited, we really do not know, what, when or how much.

But Death is going to get support in 2018, that is definitely something to look forward to.

• Like 1

I really wish they would use xamarian for their apps and put them in the windows store.  This way I could run them on a larger screen.  So while the citadel paint app sounds cool it just won't be feasible for me as my vision gets worse.   Having it on a 27" in screen while I paint would be awesome.

Really hoping that the news leads to new campaign books!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chord said:

I really wish they would use xamarian for their apps and put them in the windows store.  This way I could run them on a larger screen.  So while the citadel paint app sounds cool it just won't be feasible for me as my vision gets worse.   Having it on a 27" in screen while I paint would be awesome.

For what it's worth iPhones can broadcast to Apple TVs, and I fully expect that Android phones can do the same with Roku boxes and/or Smart TVs. Where there is demand for something like this, I assure you there's a product that does it...

3 hours ago, ReynakZhen said:

I could be mistaken but, i'm pretty sure I saw the tentancle from the rumor pictures in that necromunda trailer. So not for shadow aelves :(

Between the Necromunda and Shadespire videos, plus pictures from Nova they've revealed at least four rumour engine pictures. The tentacle, bone shrine, and grenades for Necromunda, and the cloak is the one the Orruk from Shadespire is wearing.

30 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

For what it's worth iPhones can broadcast to Apple TVs, and I fully expect that Android phones can do the same with Roku boxes and/or Smart TVs. Where there is demand for something like this, I assure you there's a product that does it...

true,  but there are also pc's that have large screens without extra dongles (thought we left those behind in the 80s O.o)

2 minutes ago, chord said:

true,  but there are also pc's that have large screens without extra dongles (thought we left those behind in the 80s O.o)

There are lots of phone emulators available for Mac or PC to let you run phone apps on your chosen platform. Sounds like one of those might be of benefit for you.

51 minutes ago, Grimnaud said:

Between the Necromunda and Shadespire videos, plus pictures from Nova they've revealed at least four rumour engine pictures. The tentacle, bone shrine, and grenades for Necromunda, and the cloak is the one the Orruk from Shadespire is wearing.

Yeah given that the first rumor sources said we would see the new Aelves at Adepticon, one has to wonder if something went wrong or if the Cthulhu Aelves rumor was true at all. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Yeah given that the first rumor sources said we would see the new Aelves at Adepticon, one has to wonder if something went wrong or if the Cthulhu Aelves rumor was true at all. 

Yes. And the spiral shell (that many thought was a marine Aelves creature thing) and weird plough thing are Horticulux Slimux. That just leaves the flying Lamprey eel on the very Aelf like arm as sole indicator of Cthulhu Aelves - Perhaps this is the Herald of  Order and not a new faction at all?

6 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

similar to the Truthsayer and Dark Emissary in the Dark Shadows/Albion campaign 100 years ago.

That would be amazing. Totally loved that campaign. Second best after lustria. 

Proving point, Just finished this two weeks ago (used to play the truthsayer but just had to have this model)

IMG_0375.JPG.b87330410cc82dca29595e8524cf0a75.JPG

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

If you listen to Warhammer Weekly with Vince and Tom this week, Vince highlights that each individual model from the Shadespire warbands will apparently be getting their own individual warscroll (they all have unique names). It remains to be seen if these scrolls will be significantly different from each other, but I think this is really neat, and could add a bunch of unique heroes to all our beloved factions. 

• Like 1

Very much hoping that the mention of pestigors is indicative - new battleline? So new nurgle could have plaguebearers, pestigors, and blightkings as battleling, covering daemons, beasts, and mortals. I imagine we won't see pestilens included.

Also in terms of using apps on larger screens, Android can screencast to a chromecast.

18 minutes ago, Goodapollo4 said:

If you listen to Warhammer Weekly with Vince and Tom this week, Vince highlights that each individual model from the Shadespire warbands will apparently be getting their own individual warscroll (they all have unique names). It remains to be seen if these scrolls will be significantly different from each other, but I think this is really neat, and could add a bunch of unique heroes to all our beloved factions. 

Well now I can't wait for chaos stuff!