The Rumour Thread

This is kind of unrelated, but I'd really like a "good point, but I don't agree" react. Just all of this talk has got me thinking that if you see a post with some really good points, or that goes into a lot of detail, but you don't agree with it a 'like' or 'thanks' doesn't quite send the same message.

Really at the bottom of the list of important things, but it might well create a healthier debate environment when people can easily commend people on things they disagree with :)

• Like 3

Just a shout out to my fellow TGA homies, ive been on here a few years now and as of late I've noticed the negativity picking up. One could argue its inevitable as more and more join the ranks but lets all try to not spoil this place, even if I do find some of the harsh and cynical comments funny at times. 

Just be cool, paint some models, roll some dice, smoke em if ya got em, and raise your glasses!

It can be hard but sometimes you just gotsta be the bigger man/woman and just ignore the negative. And lets all do our part to make this lil digital space a welcome one. 

🤜💥🤛 

🍻

👽

Now enough hippie talk, WAAAAAAGH!!!!!!

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 34

13 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Slaves to DarknessVardek Crom, the herald of Archaon reborn and the mightiest champion of the Lieutenants of Chaos. Quickly rising through the ranks and being brought to the throne of the Everchosen Archaon recognizes the talents and power that could only be the second coming of his most faithful champion and herald. I want to see him returned and as Lord-Commander Bastian Carthalos' rival in rules and model. Much like Guilliman and Abaddon in 40k, I want to see these two models facing one another down in front of a might Stormhost and Horde of Chaos. In terms of a new model I want him to be as terrifying as Varanguard and have rules that greatly benefit Undived marked units. I feel like his classic pose will need to be updated with a Lord Celestant helmet under his boot. 

I can understand the Chaos Gods bringing their individual champions/recent sculpts back for AoS, but even Archaon would struggle to find a reason to want to bring Crom back. He was pretty unremarkable footnote in the 2500 year history of human Chaos champions under Storm of Chaos continuity, and was one of probably hundreds of Chaos champions Valten (an equally ignominious footnote by 2015) rode his horse over during the End Times.

I'd call this suggested fan service... if Crom had ever had any fans. 

Disicples of TzeentchEgrimm Van Horstman on Glaurauch, this is a stroke of genius I always considered the two as alternate builds but to take both characters together would be a great way to show an evolution of these champions. I can imagine the sheer scale and terror inspired by the first chaos dragon taking the field in the mortal realms. I would proxy Horstman and Glaurauch as Archaon and mark my Slaves to Darkness as Tzeentch in a heartbeat if this release took place. Despite being my most vaunted and hoped for champion(s) they fall within the Glottkin styled behemoth centre piece. As such Aekold Helbrass with some additional mutations and avian wings could be a cool Sigvald styled Lieutenant. 

I'll take it, but only if CoS get the Speculum. ;) 

9 hours ago, JPjr said:

anyone heard anything about what's happening with the Soul Wars exclusive models now those boxes are on the way out?

You've got the mounted Lord Arcanum, Knight Incantor, mounted Knight of Shrouds and Guardian of Souls that never got solo releases. Those two nighthaunt models are on the same sprue I think, the mounted Lord Arcanum has a random Evocator on theirs I think.

there aren't Sacrosanct or Nighthaunt Start Collecting boxes so could see those turn up at some point maybe 

They did this with the first boxed set so its very possible. I think SC boxes may morph into something like combat patrols though.

36 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I am almost certain that these two RE are for the same model. A seated Ghoul King leaning on his sword!!

20210708_203922.jpg

FeC is one of the most interesting factions of AoS, having a new centerpiece model would be great for them, probably going to be a named character, a powerful wizard bringing the FeC more into the big boy leagues of magic perhaps. Those insane boys could use some love.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I am almost certain that these two RE are for the same model. A seated Ghoul King leaning on his sword!!

20210708_203922.jpg

12 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

FeC is one of the most interesting factions of AoS, having a new centerpiece model would be great for them, probably going to be a named character, a powerful wizard bringing the FeC more into the big boy leagues of magic perhaps. Those insane boys could use some love.

@Scurvydog, perhaps you and @KingBrodd are both right: a sorcerer king/prophet who is the “voice” of Ushoran, taking his place at the Mortarch table as Nagash tries to re-establish his hold on the realms after Teclis pimp slapped him. 

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

@Scurvydog, perhaps you and @KingBrodd are both right: a sorcerer king/prophet who is the “voice” of Ushoran, taking his place at the Mortarch table as Nagash tries to re-establish his hold on the realms after Teclis pimp slapped him. 

Maybe with some new FEC models that push the delusion angle. I.e. man at arms from the left side, horror from the right, 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

20210708_203922.jpg

Yoooo I really hope this is a big FEC expansion. Aside from maybe Ossiarchs, they’re the only Death faction that desperately needs some loving.

Plus, there is actual credence to this! I’ve seen a photo from the Core Book that heavily implies that the Carrion King is on the move again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Yoooo I really hope this is a big FEC expansion. Aside from maybe Ossiarchs, they’re the only Death faction that desperately needs some loving.

Plus, there is actual credence to this! I’ve seen a photo from the Core Book that heavily implies that the Carrion King is on the move again.

A new mortarch was hinted at in Broken Realms with Nagash’s mirrors.  That would be so cool.  I’m not a Death player but FEC has awesome lore and a really cool centerpiece would be so cool.

2 hours ago, Urauloth said:

I was 100% convinced that sword was going to be a Soulblight lord and I was very surprised when it didn't show up in the Gravelords release. Here's hoping it's a ghoul king - maybe the faction if finally getting a named character.

I'm hoping 3.0 has every Faction recieve a Character model if they dont have one already!!

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

I'm hoping that FEC is the Death Faction standout this Edition. 

28 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

This would be hype. I think FeC have some of the best lore in aos, but it's not reflected in the models at all.

I agree!! There is so much potential to be had with the Courts, I'd love for them to get a massive new wave this Edition. 

6 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Carrion King would just be so perfect a character to get a model.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

20210708_203922.jpg

the sword is a really old engine, i have a feeling it may have been a CC expansion (or something that been really delayed like that S2D chaos champion that Limited edition)

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm hoping that FEC is the Death Faction standout this Edition. 

Death got a lot of attention in 2.0. That said of Death Factions both Flesheaters and Ossiarchs could do with some additions. FEC are still one of the smallest ranges (and almost the entire army is in the getting started set). I'd honestly like to see both expanded. I think both deserve it and would generate a lot more interest having a handful of new models each to give more diversity and variety. 

Vampires, whilst new, are starting with a nice big boon of releases marred only by the mess of Cursed City. 

23 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm hoping 3.0 has every Faction recieve a Character model if they dont have one already!!

Hmm, I wonder if someone recently posted a massive wish list of potential Chaos Champions to enter into the mortal realms... 🤔

Beyond that though I feel like this is a very likely wish considering that 40k seems to be doing something similar overall for their new releases. So I can imagine every army having a leader styled character at the fore. I am personally partial to Volturnos/Akhelian King styled models that give an optional generic build. 

I do think that this is exactly where soup lists can kinda hurt a line, particularly if that named character is the only major release for the edition: Skragrott is one of my favourite character models but other than a wand with some legs he might not fit perfectly into a Spiderfang or Troggoth army. The ven Denst's might stand out like a couple of sore thumbs in a Scourge Privateers or Dispossessed list. If they release an updated Greasus Goldtooth he would likely only fit in with my BCR army as I have a love of Gnoblars. This coming from someone who typically likes soup styled armies.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Overread said:

Death got a lot of attention in 2.0. That said of Death Factions both Flesheaters and Ossiarchs could do with some additions. FEC are still one of the smallest ranges (and almost the entire army is in the getting started set). I'd honestly like to see both expanded. I think both deserve it and would generate a lot more interest having a handful of new models each to give more diversity and variety. 

Vampires, whilst new, are starting with a nice big boon of releases marred only by the mess of Cursed City. 

Oh I understand completely that 2.0 was Deaths Edition with 2 brand new Factions and a complete overhaul of another. I just hope that like Gloomspite was Destructions updated Faction for 2.0 that FEC is Deaths for 3.0.

18 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Hmm, I wonder if someone recently posted a massive wish list of potential Chaos Champions to enter into the mortal realms... 🤔

Beyond that though I feel like this is a very likely wish considering that 40k seems to be doing something similar overall for their new releases. So I can imagine every army having a leader styled character at the fore. I am personally partial to Volturnos/Akhelian King styled models that give an optional generic build. 

I do think that this is exactly where soup lists can kinda hurt a line, particularly if that named character is the only major release for the edition: Skragrott is one of my favourite character models but other than a wand with some legs he might not fit perfectly into a Spiderfang or Troggoth army. The ven Denst's might stand out like a couple of sore thumbs in a Scourge Privateers or Dispossessed list. If they release an updated Greasus Goldtooth he would likely only fit in with my BCR army as I have a love of Gnoblars. This coming from someone who typically likes soup styled armies.

Globb Glittermaw to me is updated Greasus Goldtooth but more terrifying and less, cartoonish? I was never a fan of the model for Greasus so if they made a massive Gargant sized Overtyrant I really hope they go a more serious route. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

if I remember correctly most 40k army release except for Deathwatch got a hero (either from their codex release or PA supplement the year prior)

This is what I want. Especially for Duardin Factions and Destruction.

Destruction already seems to be getting it with Gobsprakk and Skumdrekk for Kruelboyz, Gordrakk for Warclans and Skaggrot for Gloomspite which only leaves the Sons of Behemat *Ahem KING BRODD. The only way I see this happening is a dual kit King Brodd/Updated Mancrusher kit. I'd love this happen!!

Leaving Ogor Mawtribes. I've said it 500 times and I'll repeat it 500 more, that Globb Glittermaw for Gutbusters and King Braggoth for Beastclaw Raiders are the two perfect characters for their respective Factions. One is a literal Frost King and the other is the Overtyrant of the largest Gutbuster Mawtribe.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 12:31 AM, Harioch said:

Interesting story about the Seraphon. But if it turns out that Draconith are part of the Stormcast, to me it'll be a missed opportunity to update the Seraphon ranges(Celestial Seraphon with drakes and ancient technology/ Coalescent more savage with dinosaurs).

Also I still don't understand the differences between Stardrakes, Dracoths, Draconiths, etc.. they all came from Dracothion or not ? When did they get their own ways ? AoS dragons' genealogy is a mess to me...

Also also, Kragnos' people and Draconiths fought side by side against Dragon-Ogors ? Or did I misread this part ? 

Even more confirmation of my pet theory from before.

Daenerys Targaryen Yndraees Ta-rgaryen the Mother of Dragons vs. Khal Drogo Kragnos Drogrukh the Stallion Who Mounts the World is likely to end up an epic clash.

Or possibly alliance again, at some point. :)

• Haha 1