The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So the Preview will definitely be showing off the Stormcast/Kruelboyz.

Any other predictions?

• I think it's too early for Underworlds S5 even if it's landing in August/September. Maybe we'll get the new season's name like they teased Direchasm but showed nothing of what would be in it.
  • War in the North for MESBG
  • Thousand Sons vs GK boxset contents
  • Horus Heresy boxset.

I've heard mention of War in the North for MESBG, what expansion would this be?

I hope personally it is just AOS butnif another system were to be shown off I'd like if it were LOTR!!

10 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I've heard mention of War in the North for MESBG, what expansion would this be?

I hope personally it is just AOS butnif another system were to be shown off I'd like if it were LOTR!!

The (experimental) rules for King Dain and Thorin III spoilt that King Brand and Bard II are coming, as well as the released Easterling Dragon Acolyte models - Easterlings being the primary invading force during the Battle of Dale.  

GW re-releasing some Dol Guldur/Mirkwood models in the future also points to some focus on that part of the northern front with the article stating new stuff for the system would be coming in the future.

Most likely it's going to mean:

• Legendary Legions for bringing Iron Hills/Garrison of Dale/Mirkwood into the War of the Ring, rather than being 'historical' The Hobbit(tm) forces. 
  • A Dol Guldur force might also use the non-Hero parts of Azog's Legion.
  • New Easterling models, LL that includes Easterlings/Khand/Mordor?
  • Possibly something for Lothlorien.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • LOVE IT! 3

10 hours ago, Still-young said:

It’s the Dominion Launch celebration preview according to the video. They did one for Indomitus too and it was all 40k stuff, so I imagine this one will just be AoS. 

10 hours ago, Still-young said:

I'm sure it will be pure AOS. I mostly want to see the new SCE Drake !

We should get an article about the preview this afternoon anyway ;) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ian0delond said:

Stormcast and kruleboys focus is a given.

I want to see some Warcry, it had no major releases since Catacombs. 

I want this as well, o thought after getting the Shadowstalkers we would receive entirely new non-Chaos Warbands for Warcry. 

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I'm sure it will be pure AOS. I mostly want to see the new SCE Drake !

We should get an article about the preview this afternoon anyway ;) 

Excited!!

58 minutes ago, edmc78 said:

Where was this? Sounds ace

It's called Bladeborn: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/03/peek-inside-three-new-warhammer-boxed-games-arriving-in-2021/

Seems to be Warcry but on a WHU-style hex grid and featuring glory points. Presumably it'll appear in bookshops and games shops rather than regular GWs.  No idea when though, there's been radio silence on it and the other boxed games mentioned in the article. Supposed to be in 2021 at least.

It doesn't look bad but it does suffer imo by not being a gateway into Underworlds at all: different cards, different dice, would need to find/make OOP WHU cards to play with the Godsworn Hunt or outright repurchase Khagra's Ravagers to get their cards. Might be better as a Warcry gateway though.

j8UMK5RWNptI2JwF.jpg

Kb1SWBAuO90jpGDk.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

So assuming it will be just AoS as the 40k one was just 40k, we will probably get the Warclans and Stormcast new battletomes, their remaining models and some silhouettes of other models to come. Looking at the 40k one all of the models they showed ended getting codex if I'm not mistaken. If the same happen to us we gonna get some ideas of which of the many rumors about the following battletome are true!

Orks have yet to have a codex, looking like the Beastsnagga box will be July, most likely the tail end of the month but the codex itself as a standalone release could still be a couple months out. So around what nearly a year since showing the Snagga Boy in that preview? I guess covid and brevity messed up all the schedules but it could be roughly the same for Sigmar, granted we won't have months taken up by Marine Supplements. 

11 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

So assuming it will be just AoS as the 40k one was just 40k, we will probably get the Warclans and Stormcast new battletomes, their remaining models and some silhouettes of other models to come. Looking at the 40k one all of the models they showed ended getting codex if I'm not mistaken. If the same happen to us we gonna get some ideas of which of the many rumors about the following battletome are true!

Indeed you’re right all those models got a codex and so far the only armies to have got one! So it gives us a sense of the first few too! Only one we are waiting on is ork which is this month now 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The (experimental) rules for King Dain and Thorin III spoilt that King Brand and Bard II are coming, as well as the released Easterling Dragon Acolyte models - Easterlings being the primary invading force during the Battle of Dale.  

GW re-releasing some Dol Guldur/Mirkwood models in the future also points to some focus on that part of the northern front with the article stating new stuff for the system would be coming in the future.

Most likely it's going to mean:

• Legendary Legions for bringing Iron Hills/Garrison of Dale/Mirkwood into the War of the Ring, rather than being 'historical' Hobbit forces. 
  • A Dol Guldur force might also use the non-Hero parts of Azog's Legion.
  • New Easterling models, LL that includes Easterlings/Khand/Mordor?
  • Possibly something for Lothlorien.

so this is what my friends who don't play warhammer hear when I start talking about it. huh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

Indeed you’re right all those models got a codex and so far the only armies to have got one! So it gives us a sense of the first few too! Only one we are waiting on is ork which is this month now 

Yes!! So from the Rumours it was Nurgle, Mawtribes, Gloomspite and Beasts of Chaos?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

4 non-Order tombs in a row?  NEVER

When you put it that way it doesnt seem realistic Haha but Nurgle has been the one consistent throughout the Rumours of being updated first so we'll see!! Fingers crossed it is true.

Edited by KingBrodd

56 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

4 non-Order tombs in a row?  NEVER

probably means they're getting through the ones who aren't getting new stuff!

I'd like it if they started doing combat patrol style boxes though, especially for nurgle if they included one of the maggoth lords that im assuming they want to sell as they were in the article last week.

21 minutes ago, papary said:

probably means they're getting through the ones who aren't getting new stuff!

I'd like it if they started doing combat patrol style boxes though, especially for nurgle if they included one of the maggoth lords that im assuming they want to sell as they were in the article last week.

I'd rather my Factions recieve tomes later with new minis than earlier with nothing at all.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

When you put it that way it doesnt seem realistic Haha but Nurgle has been the one consistent throughout the Rumours of being updated first so we'll see!!

Honestly Nurgle (and Idoneth) seen like a really safe beat at this point. Both have the oldest tomes, which weren't even made in the second edition format.

37 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'd rather my Factions recieve tomes later with new minis than earlier with nothing at all.

This is a legitimate concern of mine. I went all in on Nighthaunt in the last starter and they didnt age well through 2nd. As I'm going all in on Krulez this is once again a fear. 

That being said Im not an overly competitive player so having a gorgeous army of models I really appreciate is more what I'm after. Would be nice to stomp my opponent into the ground every once in awhile though as well. Heh. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

This is a legitimate concern of mine. I went all in on Nighthaunt in the last starter and they didnt age well through 2nd.

The curse of being the first tomes, Stormcast and Nighthaunt aged very poorly very fast in 2nd, they were basically by the wayside as the early 2nd books such as Slaanesh, FeC, Skaven and Fyreslayers (IDK included here) came out, which blew those books out of the water.

Just look at 40k which is why Marines always gets 2 books, because the 1st of the edition is always cool for a hot 6 months time, then gets massively outdated, to then have a strong new wave+book in the last half of the edition. Stormcast are not marines though and do not get that treatment, so remained bad outside a few gimmick builds. 

At least the new tome wont waste around 15 pages on useless battalions ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scurvydog said:

At least the new tome wont waste around 15 pages on useless battalions ;)

Slight derail but it'll be interesting to see if GW will go for a new tome design. Comparing the more recent books to those at the start of AoS 2.0, they've already been allocating less space to battalions, more for painting, etc. I suppose at any rate they'll need to give more space to the path to glory entries for AoS 3.0 books.

33 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

The curse of being the first tomes, Stormcast and Nighthaunt aged very poorly very fast in 2nd, they were basically by the wayside as the early 2nd books such as Slaanesh, FeC, Skaven and Fyreslayers (IDK included here) came out, which blew those books out of the water.

Interesting to note that the late AoS 1 battletomes held up way better in terms of general power level than the early AoS 2 ones (even if some of them had pretty bad internal balance for a lot of 2nd edition):

Nurgle, Legions of Nagash, Deepkin and Daughters were all fairly solid throughout 2nd edition (especially after Broken Realms updates, but even before then).

Stormcast, Nighthaunt, Beasts of Chaos and Gloomspite Gitz seem to have dropped a lot faster in terms of viability.

• Like 1