The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Not sure where the image is coming from, but is there any confirmation on whether normal battalions are legal in matched play? 

While you're at is - as an addendum, is there a cost to these new battalions? or is it where you more or less just assign your army in them?  like an organization chart sort of thing?

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I really like the battalions but Warlord and Command Entourage seem remarkably similar. I can see how the distinction could matter for a few armies but it still feels rather redundant with a few exceptions. 

If there's some sort of limitation on how many battalions can be fielded (but more than one), then one of those two seems like a much cheaper way to pick up an extra "Enhancement" (I assume command trait, artifact, or extra bonus prayer?!) than the other if you need more than one extra.  

15 minutes ago, Feorag said:

interesting new battalions unknown.jpg

I'm most interested in "enhancements"  do we think this refers to additional relics/equipments from the battletome, or generic ones in the book?  It sort of sounds like it could be either or both...  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I really like the battalions but Warlord and Command Entourage seem remarkably similar. I can see how the distinction could matter for a few armies but it still feels rather redundant with a few exceptions. I think that we are missing something as to why you would take one over the other, beyond the few list compositions that feature a number of heroes and monsters/artillery with no basic troops?

the one has a / so you probably don't have both abilities. But more importantly if you don't have a high number of troops you might want to tie them up in another battallion and don't have enough to use one for this one. With all the MSU units that will probably be less of an issue though.

1 minute ago, Fyrenn said:

I'm most interested in "enhancements"  do we think this refers to additional relics/equipments from the battletome, or generic ones in the book?  It sort of sounds like it could be either or both...  

It also apparently includes access to extra Prayers, if I recall one of the past preview articles correctly.  Maybe command traits too, if we're real lucky?

• Like 1

Where are these photos coming from?

Looking at those, if there isn't a points cost attached, that's an interesting trade-off - you can trivially pack your army into a one-drop for many lists, but if you take the other options you can rack up a lot more free CPs or equivalents thereof.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I really like the battalions but 'Warlord' and 'Command Entourage' seem remarkably similar. I can see how the distinction could matter for a few armies but it still feels rather redundant with a few exceptions. I think that we are missing something as to why you would take one over the other, beyond the few list compositions that feature a number of heroes and monsters/artillery with no basic troops?

one is "or" for an extra command point/artifact but is just 2 units and any hero while the other is "and" but its 2 heroes with one being less than 10 wounds

33 minutes ago, Feorag said:

interesting new battalions unknown.jpg

Oh no it's Warcry all over again with symbols. I hope that is just for the starter set and the real core rule book uses more generic looking symbols.

Could it have killed them to do something generic and readable? Crown is commander, fist is sub commander, shield is battleline, vague animal skull is monster, etc.. 4 varieties of little men isn't good for glance value.

Also I feel like it may be limiting since not every army has access to 10+ wound heroes to fill this detachment system. Like could Bonesplitterz even use those bigger detachments?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

one is "or" for an extra command point/artifact but is just 2 units and any hero while the other is "and" but its 2 heroes with one being less than 10 wounds

isnt' warlord a commander, subcommander and troop... while the  other is a commander and two subcommanders? 

so they both need one above 10 wounds and one below 10 wounds. the only difference is one adds a troop and more options.

1 minute ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Oh no it's Warcry all over again with symbols. I hope that is just for the starter set and the real core rule book uses more generic looking symbols.

Could it have killed them to do something generic and readable? Crown is commander, fist is sub commander, shield is battleline, vague animal skull is monster, etc.. 4 varieties of little men isn't good for glance value.

Also I feel like it may be limiting since not every army has access to 10+ wound heroes to fill this detachment system. Like could Bonesplitterz even use those bigger detachments?

Its less than 10

2 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Commanders don't have to be 10+, sub commanders just can't be 10+. Just so you can't stuff three Ghoul Kings on Beasties into one battalion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

As far as I can tell, you don't need 10+ wound characters to fill the Commander slot - any leader can fill that slot. It's just that characters with 10 or more wounds can't fill the Sub-commander slot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

do FLGS have a 'separate' stock of Dominion to facilitate preorders? or can they get swiped by scalpers same as us?

No idea, i hope they do, though my FLGS is still waiting for my gravelords "Lauka Vai" preorder which they did not receive from their supplier on release date, while they received enough Blood knights.

• Sad 1